Cover image for DePaul University

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

DePaul University Interview Questions

Updated 13 Dec 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 173 of over 173 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

DePaul University

Application

I interviewed at DePaul University

Interview

It was an easy process. I saw the application online on the internet and I applied to the job. They saw my application and I came in for a discussion they call an interview. MY interview went well. It was no longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • When can you start working here?
    Answer Question

DePaul University

Application

I interviewed at DePaul University

Interview

A phone interview with five search committee members. Everyone was kind and courteous, but with so many people on the line, it was difficult to keep track of voices and interpret pauses in conversation. This was before video conferencing became a popular interviewing tool, so perhaps the process has changed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL) in Sept 2022

Interview

Many other candidates write about having fun and easy going interviews. Each person's experience depends on the department and interviewers but my experience was one of the most negative interview experiences I've had in a while unforunately. I was initially contacted by a recruiter after applying and had a quick 15 minute phone screening which was fairly standard. I recieved an email for an interview request from a hiring manager the next day to interview that week. Unfortunately, the title of the position and listed duties were either mislabeled in the job posting or the recruiter did not fully understand the responsibilities for it since I was advanced to an interview when I shouldn't have gotten past the phone screening. I also wasn't informed by the recruiter it was a panel interview and was caught off guard by this. The team that interviewed me also seemed a bit dysfunctional as well and the expedited process made me believe they were seeking a quick replacement for unknown reasons. While I'm grateful for the opportunity I was left feeling a like I had interviewed for a different, much higher level position than what I had originally applied for.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know how SQL databases are used in the back-end of a website?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at DePaul University (Chicago, IL) in Sept 2022

Interview

Quick, simple, friendly, nonintimidating. Questions about how you handle customer service and how to approach a general computer issue and start the diagnosis. The interview overall looks to see how you begin problem solving

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you had to tell someone that they needed to get their computer replaced?

DePaul University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DePaul University

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviewing with a few different people. Talking with HR is the most formal and talking with other faculty was more conversational. Lots of time carved out for you to ask questions about the role

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DePaul University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DePaul University

Interview

Short interview, typical questions, fun and easy going interviewer that was personable. During interview, was asked about how I would react or respond to certain situations, and did some group interview questions as well.

Interview Questions
  • What skills do you think would make you a good Chicago Quarter Mentor

DePaul University

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DePaul University

Interview

It is a pretty easy process only requiring you to talk to your immediate supervisor. only one interview and if you have prior sports experience they will hire you. they really just want to fill positions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DePaul University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DePaul University

Interview

The interview process was very easy, I received an email from someone from their HR department who coordinated the interview with a member of the admissions team. I then spoke with that team member throughly via phone, they asked prompt and true to the job description questions, unfortunately at the end of the call we discussed salary, and it was to low for what I was looking for and we decided to end the call cordially. Really nice interviewer and really easy process!

Interview Questions
  • How many years of experience do you have in admissions/recruiting?

DePaul University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DePaul University

Interview

Ask me many questions form tell me about myself, then ask questions from my resume , then ask me about how to solve a problem in some case. We talk about 40 mins. I got the offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. Do you know the responsibility about this job?

DePaul University

Application

I interviewed at DePaul University

Interview

The interview process was thorough and efficient. The hiring supervisor provided clear goals for the role and answered all of my questions. They did a great job explaining the culture and what the first 30-60-90 days would look like.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 173 Interviews