Dollar Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Dollar Bank

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Bank (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in Nov, 2016.
    I applied online and received a phone call to schedule a face to face interview, which mainly involved questions related to the position and behavioral question.
    I got another phone call to schedule another round of face to face interview. And, unfortunately I couldn't get the job offer.
    Everyone was really kind and approachable during both the interviews. They made me feel comfortable and were helpful about every question I had. The process took around a month and consisted of two rounds of interviews.
    They normally takes 1 round of face to face interview, but when they are confused in between two candidates. They asks for one more round of face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in one of your projects and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Bank (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, interview with Regional Manager, Interview with VP. Interviews were behavior-based and required answers to specific incidents at previous jobs. VP was very intimidating, but I later learned that he is friendly and supportive.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Bank (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process was quite brief and straight-forward. I received a call from someone in the HR department and scheduled an interview. The interview lasted around 30 minutes and the person interviewing me was a manager. She was very enthusiastic and genuinely wanted to know about my past experiences and skills that I have learned from other jobs.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past experience dealing with customers and how I dealt with certain situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Bank (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

After reviewing your resume, interviewees are asked to come in for an interview with 1-3 interviewers present. They ask you questions about your qualifications for the position and you talk for about 15-30 minutes and it ends.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Bank.

Interview

The process took just over 2 weeks. A few days after submitting my application, I was contacted by an HR representative. She asked me a few questions over the phone, and scheduled a face-to-face interview. In the face-to-face interview I was immediately tested on Microsoft Word, and then I interviewed with the HR rep. After the interview, she took me to meet with the heads of the department the job was posted for. I interviewed with them. The whole interview process took about 1.5 hours. I was contacted a week after the face-to-face interview with their decision. Everyone I met was very kind.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Bank (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

The hiring process at Dollar Bank is pretty simple. They really prefer to hire within the bank so often times the only way to find about about jobs in the company is to have your foot in the door, that is how I found this job.

The first step was to complete and forward an online application to the hiring director which mainly asked bout you previous experiences in the work place and at Dollar Bank. After that is done they will go through the applications and if they think you're a potential fit they will call to schedule an interview. They also take the time to notify you if you were not selected which I thought was nice since we've all be left hanging on job applications before.

On the day of the interview I went to the companies main office in Gateway Center. The first part of the interview was a skills test on Microsoft Word and Excel. The skills tests were for the most part pretty simple as long as you have a decent understand of the programs, nothing to extreme but you have to be careful to do the test exactly as described or you will get dinged for it.

The in-person interview was in a conference room with myself and the two heads of the department for which the job was posted. They were very personable and it was a very low-pressure interview. I would say half of the time was spent discussing the job and duties and the other half was assessing my fit for the position.

Overall a very easy interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that you had conflict within your group and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation possible.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Bank (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was good. Met with senior management and non-senior management. The people seem very nice and answered all of my questions. Did not interface with HR much.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Bank (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

This interview caught me off guard. I found it to be intensely professional, considering that I was applying to be a bank teller. It lasted more than an hour while I was asked several behavioral interview questions, all read directly from a standard document. They were definitely most interested in the level of research I had conducted on the company. I felt that I made a great connection with the branch manager present, but not as much with the human resources representative actually conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• Identify a situation in which your team communication broke down. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Bank (Cleveland, OH (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I came across Dollar Bank at a job fair. I talked to the HR ladies for a while and they did a little interview with me there. A month and a half later I received a call from the HR department and she asked if I was still interested. We talked on the phone for a while and she asked me to come in for an interview. If it wasn't that week it was early the week after. After that interview she asked me to come for a second interview. Very relaxed, very nice people.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, personality, people you don't work well with, knowledge about the company.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Bank.

Interview

Telephone Interview and then if they decide to continue a interview Downtown. Finally an interview with the Branch Manager. This way you are able to see the branch you will be working at and a glimpse at who the Branch Manager is you will be working under.

Interview Questions

• The Interviews were pretty easy. I was asked about my long term goals and about how long I planned to be at the bank.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation it was this is what our tellers start at/

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.