Dollar General Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Dollar General

1,166 Interview Reviews

1.8

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Dollar general is a great fit for me because of the company's success and stability. I enjoy putting forth my best efforts in anything and everything that I can do. I always try to look for the best opportunities to do more for those involved and in need.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel Dollar general is a good fit?   1 Answer
    • How would you be a good asset for the company and it's customers?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Mobile, AL (US)).

Interview

It took 15 mins to complete interview not allot of questions. Ex. Have you worked in retail if so what was your weakness and what was your strengths. Very easy

Interview Questions

• what can I contribute to this company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Meeting the manager and assistant manager. Described type of work how things flow during the day as well as schedules, policies etc. Asked if the position was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Milton, FL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

He asked what experiences I had and told me about the hire packet. I got the hire packet the next day. I start in a couple days. Interview went quick as well

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I submitted my application online through Indeed.com. I got a call a few days later from human resources. They tell you what to expect from running a DG store such as high employee turnover, working 50-55 hours per week, minimal payroll hours etc. I assume this is to make sure you're OK with the general structure of operations. If you're a good candidate Dale pass your information on to the district manager and mention you should get a call within a few days. I got a call from the district manager within 20 minutes and she asked me to meet her at a store just to talk. She walked me around the store and explained a few things about operations and then offered me the job.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN (US)).

Interview

They reached out to me and quickly had a phone interview. A week later with an interview with the hiring manager who was 15 minutes late to the call. The next day they asked when I could come in for my in person, I was excited and got on a plane the next week. In my interview it has about what category I would prefer, about the area, when I could start. It was so relaxed and not really about my qualifications. I asked questions important to me, culture, work hours, sick time, etc. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult cost negotiation and the outcome.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

easy interview with basic questions manager was friendly and made me feel comfortable nothing unexpected I enjoy a nice conversation about work life at Dollar General we also discussed down time and days off

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Shawnee, OK (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

One on one interview with the district manager. Comfortable environment. Open and Relaxed. We discussed my Resume and experience and how I handled high stress and fast paced work day. Available times and what would cause me not to be able to make it in to work.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crescent, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Crescent, OR (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview was only five minutes most likely due to my prior experience in a high volume store. Asked under five questions. Store is very laid back was expecting a more in depth process but after store manager saw my experience and qualifications it was brief

Interview Questions

• Where did I work previously. Would I be able to coach and reprimand staff   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process needs improvement from the initial phone screen by the Talent Acquisition team to the Hiring Managers. The recruiter did not "show up" to the first phone screen, and when we finally re-connected, an apology was not extended.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.