Domo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Domo Interview Questions

Updated 20 May 2019

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Domo (American Fork, UT (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

1. Online timed Java programming assessment.
    2. Interview with members of the specific team I was interviewing for (probably for cultural fit)
    3. Interview with team manager
    4. Interview with another teams manager
    5. HR discussion and negotiations

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Domo (American Fork, UT (US)).

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter as I had been referred by a current employee. They took me to lunch, talked up Domo and its culture/benefits. I then set up a time to go in for a round 1 interview. After doing that interview, I was contacted again and brought in for a round 2 interview, after which they gave me a verbal offer. Upon some negotiation, we agreed on an offer and they sent me an official offer. I was hired several weeks later. It took much longer for me to go through the process because I was doing it right in the middle of DomoPalooza, their big user group conference, so we had to do it over a much longer period of time than normal.

Interview Questions

• I was applying for a front-end dev position, so I was asked several coding questions which I was supposed to solve in JavaScript. There were varying levels of difficulty with those questions, some being easy and some being fairly difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Domo.

Interview

Had a phone interview that asked your basic screening questions. I was then asked questions about JavaScript and then some about relational databases and document databases. The phone interview went really well and was told that they would be in touch to set up an onsite interview. Like some other people have mentioned, they went dark and I was never contacted for a followup interview. I sent them an email a week and a half later saying that I was still interested and was told they would get back to me that day. That never happened and after that I decided I was no longer interested in working them.

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Domo (American Fork, UT (US)).

Interview

They pre-screen you using an e-Interview site, where they gave a SQL quiz followed by questions I had to answer on my webcam. In person interview was 5 hours long, mostly just a discussion of what you like/dislike, and trying to see where you'd fit into their picture. They provided lunch on-site, and the managers were friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• Given a SQL statement, show the order of operations (SELECT, WHERE, FROM, ORDER BY etc)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Domo (American Fork, UT (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Interview with HR (30 min) 2. Phone Interview with Engineer Manager (30 min) 3. 4+ hour onsite interview (5 separate interviews). The onsite interview covered everything from technical skill, to personality and culture fit.

Felt like I did really well and answered all questions correctly. I stumbled a bit when asked to architect a website, but got through. I felt like I would fit in with the team culture. I got a call stating that my technical skills weren't up too par with what they were looking for (different stack) and did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Write a method in any language to reverse a string?   Answer Question
    • What are the 4 HTTP verbs and what are they used for?   Answer Question
    • Given a website idea and asked to draw out how I would set it up and handle requests?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Domo (American Fork, UT (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews and two series of in-person interviews. I thought it was a lot of fun and a good experience. The phone interviews asked about my skills and experience.I believe there were two interviews because they had me interview for two different positions. The first interview was done by a supervisor and one of the leads of the team. They asked technical questions and about my experience as a software engineer. That was followed by an interview with an individual on the team. He asked me about my experience and I was asked to diagram some of the work I did for previous employers. He had me code the solution on his laptop solving a problem doing test-driven development. I also talked to an upper-level manager who asked about how I handle stress and difficult situations. They all spoke positively of the company and compared it to a rocket ship looking to change the world. Lastly, I talked with the corporate recruiter who answered my questions. This all lasted around 4 hours of interview in the same day. The second series of interviews was around 3 hours. I met with the engineering director for the team. She supervised a couple of teams and I was asked about my experience and expertise. I asked questions about the challenges I would face being on her team and the challenges she faced for the future. I then was interviewed by a team of engineers. They had questions about my skills and expertise and had a few whiteboard questions and some code challenges. I had another interview with the main guy over app deployment. He asked about delivering quality products and put me through a stress test. Another interview with a senior architect where I was asked to provide a solution to a whiteboard test. Lastly, I talked with the recruiter who discussed with me the benefits that Domo provides to employees. I was told they couldn't make it work. They contacted me six months later indicating that they felt I had slipped through the cracks. They told me I did not need to go in again for another interview. I was given a verbal non-formal offer and discussed benefits and provisions for coming on to work at Domo. A couple weeks later I felt I could accept. They told me they would send the offer to the CEO for approval. a few weeks later I got an offer letter. I accepted and was hired. Although a long process and many interviews

Interview Questions

• You have a series of GPS coordinates gathered from images. We can assume that the coordinate with the most coordinates closest is the home. Write code that will find the home coordinate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Domo (American Fork, UT (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

An hour and 30 minutes meeting with different members of the team. Each team member had the opportunity to ask me questions they found important to the team. After the interview I had lunch with the team.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Domo in November 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we had what seemed to be a great phone interview. He said they were interested in hiring me and to send them my resume. I sent it in and haven't heard a word since. I reached out to them again almost a week later and still nothing after another week. Disappointed they haven't even had the courtesy to give an update or say, "thanks, but no thanks" if they changed their minds or found someone else after showing so much interest in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with HTML, Javascript, etc.   Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Domo (American Fork, UT (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about two to three months from initial application to orientation. After applying on the website I got a primer call from the recruiter around 2-3 weeks later to ensure that we both understood what it was I was applying for. After that conversation occurred the recruiter sent me an email that contained a timed test on SQL and some interview questions that I recorded myself answering via a web cam. Having successfully passed the test they brought me on site to continue testing me on my SQL knowledge in person. After I finished interviewing from a technical perspective, the executive level managers interviewed me on a more business and personal level over the course of two on site interviews spread out over two weeks. From there I received a verbal offer and after we came to an agreement on the offer it took two more weeks for the offer to be approved by the executive team and put into writing.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions from a technical perspective were case based scenarios - they would give me a data set and ask me to write the SQL code to extract the desired outcome. From a business perspective, most of the conversation centered around project management and communication.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Domo.

Interview

The interview process at Domo was excellent. Very natural conversations with happy, talented "Domosapiens" and none of that annoying "You're stranded on an island with 3 items, what are they?" nonsense.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.