Duke Clinical Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Duke Clinical Research Institute

2.6

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied to position through a recruiter. Scheduled to interview with 5 people (as a group interview), 2 were actually present. Asked standard questions about background, experience, etc.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Go through the resume and ask some questions related to your previous projects; Introduce the their team and some ongoing projects; Ask some statistical questions (such as methods dealing with categorical data) and also check your background with health data; Finally ask if you have any questions for them

Media Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview came in 2 parts. A phone screening and a series of group interviews with their marketing team. For the most part, it was conversational. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to, though some were better at the process than others. At the time I interviewed the department was still very new and charting new territory. I was not offered the position due to lack of experience in the clinical research field. I wouldn't hesitate to work with their team and enjoyed the interview, which took between 3-4 hours time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

applied on line on the website for the position

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really interviewed, met with the docs and supervisor   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. This is what it is, take it, or leave it.

Senior Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

A single in-person interview with a team of their hiring managers followed quickly by reference checks and offer. Fastest hire ever. Was able to set my start date. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Discuss the range of projects and budgets I have managed   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The overall process is too long. It can sometimes take up to 4 months to get a really talented candidate in the door. Most people who are serious about full-time employment opportunities have either accepted another opportunity or have drawn the conclusion that it is an dead end.

Interview Questions

Duke Clinical Research Institute Response

8 Sep 2015 – Clinical Recruiter

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent interview with the DCRI. I am pleased to hear you accepted our offer and hope that you are enjoying your new position. We do know the candidate... More

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

A DCRI recruiter initially contacted me via LinkedIn in early March 2017, and sent my resume to the hiring manager. Within a few days, a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. The hiring manager never called during the date/time scheduled, and I immediately contacted the recruiter, and a new phone interview was rescheduled. The second time, the phone interview was occurred as scheduled, and went pretty well. The hiring manager requested an in-person interview, and human resources sent a date/time for the interview.

A day before the interview, HR contacted me because the hiring manager was sick, and would be unavailable for the interview, and the interview was rescheduled. I received the new date/time, and a confirmation email that provided directions to the company, and a list of people that would interview me. The list consisted of 5 people over a 3 hour time period. They told me to park in the building parking lot and get my parking ticket validated. I arrived 45 minutes early, but unfortunately, there was a major event going on that day and that parking lot and all the other parking lots were full. DCRI is located in downtown Durham, NC, and when the parking lots are full, there is only street parking for 2 hours at most, and I parked about 5 blocks away in one of those spots, and prayed that my car wouldn't get towed or a ticket. Was definitely glad that I arrived early!

The interview occurred on March 23rd 2017th, and the first part lasted 1 hour, and was the hiring manager that I spoke with during the phone interview, and another team member that was recently hired. He described the IT department, where his department fit into the organization, the dynamics of his team, and the responsibilities of each section. We discussed my technical background, and they asked me questions concerning what I would do concerning events that could possibly be encountered. I left with a thorough understanding of the IT organization, but wasn’t sure where I would fit in on the team. I answered most questions concisely and thought I did a good job. The second interview lasted for 1 hour with the Business Analyst team managers, who I would be working with on projects. We discussed my business analyst background, and I also felt it went really well.

The last interview lasted about 45 minutes, and was with the same hiring manager that had interviewed me earlier. He asked additional questions, and wrapped up the interview. He stated that they would follow-up shortly. I have interviewed many times for positions, and overall, I felt I did a great job.

After the interview, I followed up with team members to say thanks, etc. After not hearing anything from the recruiters after a few weeks, I contacted the recruiter who initially contacted me for the position. She was apologetic and stated that she would contact the hiring manager to get some feedback. 2 months later, I still haven't heard any feedback from the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical Cognos Business Intelligence Administration questions. There were a few SQL questions such as what is an Inner and Outer Join.   1 Answer

Lead CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with a Project Manager and then an in person interview at Duke. Met with 2 CTMs one afternoon. Received phone call with a decision a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a sign on bonus

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter online and was contacted via email within two weeks to send a reviewable portfolio of my work to the hiring manager. After that a phone interview was scheduled, followed by an in-person 'panel' interview that consisted of the director of Organizational Learning, Manager, two Sr. Learning Consultants and Training Coordinator. I thought the interview process was well-thought out, organized, and fair, and I was impressed by the team and their positive comments about each other and the company.

Interview Questions

• You're tasked with designing an eLearning solution based on an existing instructor-led presentation. You've decided that there is far too much information given in the instructor-led session. The SME's are the project owners, and they're the experts. What do you suggest for a proposal, and how to do you overcome objections?   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, before interviewing they gave me a job description of the potential jobs I will be doing. A thorough written description as well as timely responses to different questions and concerns I had was given

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.