Duke Clinical Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Duke Clinical Research Institute Interview Questions

Interviews at Duke Clinical Research Institute

2.7

CTC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute in August 2019.

Interview

simple group interview and hear about the projects going on. it was a laid back interview with lots of follow up questions asking about previous experiences. overall not too bad of an interview compared to other cros

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, before interviewing they gave me a job description of the potential jobs I will be doing. A thorough written description as well as timely responses to different questions and concerns I had was given

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Go through the resume and ask some questions related to your previous projects; Introduce the their team and some ongoing projects; Ask some statistical questions (such as methods dealing with categorical data) and also check your background with health data; Finally ask if you have any questions for them

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

A DCRI recruiter initially contacted me via LinkedIn in early March 2017, and sent my resume to the hiring manager. Within a few days, a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. The hiring manager never called during the date/time scheduled, and I immediately contacted the recruiter, and a new phone interview was rescheduled. The second time, the phone interview was occurred as scheduled, and went pretty well. The hiring manager requested an in-person interview, and human resources sent a date/time for the interview.

A day before the interview, HR contacted me because the hiring manager was sick, and would be unavailable for the interview, and the interview was rescheduled. I received the new date/time, and a confirmation email that provided directions to the company, and a list of people that would interview me. The list consisted of 5 people over a 3 hour time period. They told me to park in the building parking lot and get my parking ticket validated. I arrived 45 minutes early, but unfortunately, there was a major event going on that day and that parking lot and all the other parking lots were full. DCRI is located in downtown Durham, NC, and when the parking lots are full, there is only street parking for 2 hours at most, and I parked about 5 blocks away in one of those spots, and prayed that my car wouldn't get towed or a ticket. Was definitely glad that I arrived early!

The interview occurred on March 23rd 2017th, and the first part lasted 1 hour, and was the hiring manager that I spoke with during the phone interview, and another team member that was recently hired. He described the IT department, where his department fit into the organization, the dynamics of his team, and the responsibilities of each section. We discussed my technical background, and they asked me questions concerning what I would do concerning events that could possibly be encountered. I left with a thorough understanding of the IT organization, but wasn’t sure where I would fit in on the team. I answered most questions concisely and thought I did a good job. The second interview lasted for 1 hour with the Business Analyst team managers, who I would be working with on projects. We discussed my business analyst background, and I also felt it went really well.

The last interview lasted about 45 minutes, and was with the same hiring manager that had interviewed me earlier. He asked additional questions, and wrapped up the interview. He stated that they would follow-up shortly. I have interviewed many times for positions, and overall, I felt I did a great job.

After the interview, I followed up with team members to say thanks, etc. After not hearing anything from the recruiters after a few weeks, I contacted the recruiter who initially contacted me for the position. She was apologetic and stated that she would contact the hiring manager to get some feedback. 2 months later, I still haven't heard any feedback from the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical Cognos Business Intelligence Administration questions. There were a few SQL questions such as what is an Inner and Outer Join.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied to position through a recruiter. Scheduled to interview with 5 people (as a group interview), 2 were actually present. Asked standard questions about background, experience, etc.

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with senior managers then brought in for a group interview with senior managers and two ADs. Seemed to be a pretty typical interview process for this type of job. However, one of the ADs seemed to have a problem with me taking off from my career in the past to care for my kids. He asked if I was planning to do that again and pointed out that his wife had kids and didn't take off from her job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you tell us about your experience with technology and managing projects?   1 Answer

Senior Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

A single in-person interview with a team of their hiring managers followed quickly by reference checks and offer. Fastest hire ever. Was able to set my start date. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Discuss the range of projects and budgets I have managed   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Raleigh, NC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a project manager and business analysts in the same meeting. Some of the questions they asked were very irrelevant. It took them forever to get back just to say they hired somebody else. They do not seem to have good organization in the company. The group seems very disoriented. I noticed that the project manager was recording the interview-even though she did not ask for permission.

Media Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview came in 2 parts. A phone screening and a series of group interviews with their marketing team. For the most part, it was conversational. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to, though some were better at the process than others. At the time I interviewed the department was still very new and charting new territory. I was not offered the position due to lack of experience in the clinical research field. I wouldn't hesitate to work with their team and enjoyed the interview, which took between 3-4 hours time.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Clinical Research Institute (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Pretty laid back, standard questions, asked about circumstances fitted for temporary work. Previous experience and accomplishments. Group interview by 2 other assistants, and section manager. Asked questions about my resume, work experience, leadership experience, why I wanted to the position, what my preferred scheduling was.

Second part of interview after receiving job was about pay. Pretty straightforward evaluation of previous experience and pay was previously stated so not much wiggle room.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a stressful, difficult situation involving X experience?   Answer Question

Duke Clinical Research Institute Response

24 Nov 2015 – Clinical Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad to hear the process was a positive one for you. While we strive to provide a competitive salary for our employees, compensation here is a part of a total rewards package. Please feel free to talk with anyone in HR if you would like to know more specifics about what is available to you as a DCRI employee.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.