Eccella Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Eccella

2.9

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Eccella (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

A Horrible 7 week drawn out process with complete disregard or respect of a more than qualified professional...Spare yourself!! There are more professional consulting firms out there that will treat you with the level of respect you deserve. I vacated the process and found better employment.

Interview Questions

• They Google great...nothing original or challenging. Sad.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eccella in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by company recruiter through LI. She was not prepared to answer pointed questions about how hands-on role is. Had 80-minute technical interview, which I terminated when I realized this is not an architect role, but development.

Interview Questions

• What is normalization and when/how use it.   1 Answer
    • An Employee table has three fields: Employee ID, Employee Name and Manager ID (recursive relationship). Question is to select every employee under a manager named Susan. The interviewer rambled on about the third field, or maybe he was trying to explain the recursive the relationship.   1 Answer
    • What is exception handling?   1 Answer
    • You are looking at a clock and the time shows 3:15. What angle are the hour and minute hands at?   1 Answer
    • What makes a great architect?   1 Answer
    • Scenario: a pharma company that grew through acquisitions, has decentralized systems and non-standard data. Company needs a sales marketing reporting solution. Design the solution.   1 Answer
    • how do you tune a database query?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eccella in April 2017.

Interview

Was surprised that the interview questions seemed to be read off of a script. Didn't seem like a natural flow of interview type questions.. and more importantly, the questions didn't seem to build off of answers provided.. and didn't dwell on project experience. Seemed like a robotic list of questions that was handed off to the interviewer. Also, the questions didnt justify the position that they were looking to fill. And based on the feedback, they seemed to lay emphasis on the final answer for couple of logical problems.. rather than the thought process that a consultant would typically do. Was suprised that they felt that the answers to 2 out of more than 20 questions decided the outcome.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eccella in January 2017.

Interview

Eccella took great effort to ensure they evaluated with accuracy candidate experience, current skills and capabilities, and future potential. The recruiters involved with the interviewing/hiring process were knowledgeable and fair.

Interview Questions

• Very smart questions about experience, interpersonal skills, motivation, ....   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eccella (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. The first was more logic based, critical thinking, and ability to solve problems. The second interview was similar. The 3rd interview was a higher level review skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Provide a sample query to pull certain information   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was fair.

Analyst/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eccella (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Typical interview process that's more technical compared to general consulting ones. There's no case study, it's replaced with more coding questions similar to interviewing for a software company. There's a screener to weed out candidates, asking to code certain things in SQL and an Object oriented language. Then there's a technical interview asking predominately SQL/Database questions, some Object oriented programming questions, and logic/brain teaser questions. The brain teaser at the end is difficult. The final interview is your typical behavioral interview to learn about your experiences and whether you're a good fit for the company. Overall, a pretty typical interview process just without a case study that most strategy consulting companies do, but this is IT consulting so it makes sense.

Interview Questions

• A logic/brain teaser question on dropping a lightbulb (You only have 2) and figuring out the highest it can be dropped without breaking. Also, how to query certain things in SQL and code a mathematical equation in an Object oriented language.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, starting positions are difficult to negotiate for at any company and may not be the best idea unless the salary is far off the mark. Negotiating a start date is straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eccella (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Get started with couple of phone interviews. After that are technical and behavioral interviews. The technical interview was good and focussed on databases, algorithms, programming and brain teasers. The so called behavioral interview never really was a behavioral interview. They ask you stuff which is not directly related to the job and judge you on that. The worst part is that they then ask you if you would be interested in some other position at the firm since the position for which you are interviewing has been filled yesterday. Overall very disorganized and fluctuating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eccella (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was sent an email requesting that i complete a survey, which was an external link to a quick 4-question survey. Asked me to name the programming language I am familiar with and even to write a quick, short program and give proof that I know how to navigate a database.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with computer programming and in what language(s)   Answer Question

Information Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eccella in February 2015.

Interview

Had Two Rounds of interviews. First was more technical with some Java, SQL questions. The questions required only basic knowledge of the subjects.
    He asked a couple of puzzles too. They were of average difficulty.
    45 min for each round of interviews.
    Second round was behavioral. Nothing much to worry about here.

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online and received email about a week later. Email contained link with coding assignment. Passed the coding assignment and was scheduled for initial round of technical phone interviews. Was asked questions about databases, including writing SQL statements which you then read aloud over phone. After that was asked programming-related questions, and finally logic-based questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.