Emerson Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Emerson Interview Questions

Interviews at Emerson

2.8

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

This was for an co-op position and they asked me the standard questions. Aka which classes have you taken, what sets you apart from other candidates, what projects have you worked on etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Contacted by Emerson recruiter and expressed interest in the available position. A week later, the hiring manager arranged a 30 min phone interview. Phone screen interview with the hiring manager consisted of some knowledge based technical questions and one algorithm question. He went on to describe the role and what they were doing. Received an invite for an onsite interview from the hiring manager about two weeks later. The onsite consisted of five 45-60 min interviews and lunch with the team. First interview was with HR and consisted of standard behavioral questions. Second interview was with the hiring manager with software development process and technical questions. Next was a short panel/meet and greet with the team. Third interview was a white boarding portion with one of the team's senior engineers which consisted of two easy/medium leetcode problems. After, was lunch with the team. Fourth interview was with another senior engineer and was a OOD white boarding session. Fifth and final interview was with two engineers where they asked a list of behavioral/technical questions and then provided a laptop with an application running where one had to identify bugs in the application. After all the interviews, the hiring manager gave a short tour of the facility. 2 weeks later the hiring manager gave the verbal and written offer. Overall a great interview experience and solid communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Easy/Medium leetcode problems, OOD, and lots of knowledge based questions.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

The first round was an on Campus interview with 2 managing directors and then a phone screen with the Product Marketing Director in Boulder. After that phone call I got another phone call from HR offering me the poisition

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with multiple software engineers and an engineering manager. They asked me some questions on embedded C (generic ones you can look up, it is probably what they did) and RTOS concepts. They invited me to an on-site interview a few weeks later. I interviewed with two engineering teams who asked me about my projects and general software engineering concepts. They also asked behavioral questions like how I dealing with conflict and taking risks in the workplace. Someone called me back after about two months saying I will get a call from a manager about an offer, but I never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions

• What is the "volatile" keyword in C? What is deadlock? What is priority inversion? How do you solve it? What is a memory leak?   Answer Question

Final Control Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Emerson (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Final control is About control valves for pressure, temperature, Flow and level application also pneumatic controllers like)L2, L3 and C1 beside on/off valve application like D2, D3 And D4, for fisher 667 is a fail close application and 567 for failbopen application

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

I went to my school job fair, got an interview right after. They got back to me in 2-ish weeks with an offer. Interview was very relaxed. It was with one person in the industry and the hiring manager. No hard questions, they just asked you about your work experience, project experience, and relevant courses that you are taking. Be confident and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the company.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview began with a breakfast meal provided by emerson, followed by a tour of marshalltown. Afterwards 4 interviews were conducted approximately 30 minutes a piece. It was more of get to know you and informative interview than it was a question interview. After thr interviews a tour was given of the manufacturing plant. Emerson did pay for the plane ticket out and also a hotel room.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emerson (State College, PA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed at college career fair. Interview was much easier than I expected. Very non-technical and no obscure behavioral questions. Was a one on one interview with an engineer within the company. Said the entire hiring process would take only a month to two months from first contact to job offer.

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (Columbia, MO (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I had an interview on a Monday morning. It consisted of two thirty-minute interviews that were with two different employees from Emerson. After the first thirty minutes, I immediately switched to a different room and started the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to highlight on your resume?   1 Answer

Process Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emerson (College Station, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

There was a over the phone interview. They email you a few days in advance and make sure that you are available for the intended time. The interview itself is very clear and does not make you feel uncomfortable. They let you know at the end whether or not you made it on to the next round

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.