Evive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 10 Jan 2019

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evive (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The process is pretty decent. But the Hiring Manager is erratic to say the least.
    The interview had an extension of deep dive into my background. There were hardly any significant questions asked.
    Understanding issues and debugging was spoken about.
    Improving on Coding Assessment was discussed.

Whatever you say, doesn't seem to work with the many reviews received about the Interviewer.
    Someone even suggested that this attitude by the Senior Staff would harm the company in the long run.

No communication post informing the result. Not one even after requesting the team for it.

Interview Questions

• Working with the Movie Database API. Debug a given problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evive (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The actual process was pretty short, but getting the interview set up took a long time because of their office moving. Talked to recruiter and set up a video interview with manager. I took a coding exercise and then I was invited onsite. We talked a lot about my experience. We also optimized the coding exercise and then did a system design interview. It seemed like we were on the same page, but they decided to move on with other candidates. It's odd because I saw new job posting for the same position a few days later.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evive (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Immediately upon receiving my application, they sent several writing assignments. It was a pretty significant amount of work, and the same skill set could've easily been seen in a any typical writing portfolio. Heard nothing for several weeks, then when I followed up, they had moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me anything.   1 Answer

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evive in December 2018.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with the recruiter, who told me basic info about the role and asked why I was interested in the position. Was then sent a writing test, which I completed and sent back the next day. Despite following up twice via email, I received no response from the recruiter. When I have to do homework for a job where writing samples are required, it's rude not to respond.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evive (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied through Builtinchicago.com We scheduled an over the phone interview and she asked basic questions, like Why Evive? and tell me about your consulting experience, etc... She said she'd follow up with me next week to plan an in-person interview. Although, she delayed quite a bit before telling me they already chose another candidate.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evive (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

1. Initial Phone Interview with HR person. (30 mins)
    2. Logic Test
    Have a calculator and scrap paper.
    3. Panel Interview (3 group of 2 for 30 mins)
    Either onsite or google hangout. I asked & they paid for my train ticket to go from Ann Arbor to Chicago for the interview.

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Evive in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process took about 4 months, which was an extremely long time to not make the final cut. There were three rounds of interviews and an online test.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to add value to Evive in this position?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Evive (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Several phone calls with HR followed up by in-person 1:1. This role had been available for what appeared to have been the better part of a year at the time of my interview in early part of Q4. There seemed to be a large disconnect between the hiring manager and HR for this position as it became very clear during my 1:1 interview that they were A) misrepresenting the role in their online description and what HR was discussing over the first 2 initial phone calls and B) not prepared to pay an appropriate salary for the level of work needed for this role. While this would have been a great role for me and fit for them I left the interview not wanting to proceed with the hiring process.

My note to Evive would be to carefully draft and curate your own job description and not simply use one from another organization, correct the disconnect between HR and departments and set up realistic expectations and salaries.

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evive (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview. Interviewed for one hour by hiring manager. Typical questions and information provided. Asked me about my experience and how it relates to open position.

Interview Questions

• What type of things do you have on your desk?   Answer Question
    • Do you like working remotely and how do you develop relationships?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evive (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with the CTO once, he asked me a couple very basic questions, then said to come down to the office tomorrow at 10am, read a couple chapters in this book before then ("User Stories Applied" by Mike Cohn; good book). I and 3 other applicants spent the day working on situations improvised by the CTO, I just figured out a basic idea of how to approach the problem; it was explained to us as a coding exercise, but there was no coding involved. At the end of the day he said we were all hired. I was the only one who showed up after that

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.