ExpressJet Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ExpressJet Airlines Interview Questions

Interviews at ExpressJet Airlines

2.6

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Short interview, HR screening, drug screening. The meeting with the OCC manager was quick and informal. I was asked some standard questions, given a short dispatch exam (20 questions, not too hard if you've got your DX certificate) and toured the OCC. The HR interview took the longest, outlining different jobs I have had, why I left them, and whatnot. Then HR took care of fingerprinting, background check questions (making sure I didn't make any mistakes on my initial application) and sent me for the drug screening. The whole process was done efficiently in about 1.5 hours. The drug testing took about 1.5 hours also, but I won't hold that against XJET as it was done by an outside company off company premises.

Interview Questions

• Basic information about why I am interested in ExpressJet. What do I know about ExpressJet? What do I know about living in Atlanta? What makes a good aircraft dispatcher? In my own words, what does an Aircraft Dispatcher do, and why are they important?   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Knoxville, TN (US)).

Interview

There were no questions, I filled out an application for employment, and was contacted with several job offers until I agreed. I was flown to the city i would be working in and while expecting an interview I was instead handed paperwork for employment and took a drug test. Once that was done I was hired, this company is notorious for mass hiring people with the only prerequisite be that you have a heart beat.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing was negotiated as it's a union position and and falls under the union contract

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Cleveland, OH (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was told to fill out a questionnaire (or quiz), then asked a few questions about my previous employers and my experience. Very straight forward, no games played. Afterwards I was offered the job on the spot and given a tour by the DOM.

Interview Questions

• Give me some examples of ATA codes   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines.

Interview

I think they have been hiring from the short bus lately. If you can fog a mirror, then you are hired.
    Seriously though--They ask if you have an airframe and powerplant license, few basic questions about work history and from there, you have to pass a drug test and fingerprint background check.

Interview Questions

• How many windows did you lick on the way over?   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Newark, NJ (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Really short and the manager expect you to know about planes straight out of A&P school. They rather hired minor so the power flow in the whites.
    After the interview someone will call you to do the drug test and background check. Then after a 2-3 week off you go to Houston for a 2 week training course.

Interview Questions

• What are your primary flight controls?   1 Answer

Material Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Rosemont, IL (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the Stores Manager and a Stores Supervisor. They were both very nice and friendly. They offered me the job right on the spot and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines in April 2014.

Interview

Easy application, however you have to provide 10 yrs of work experience. Free flights to Houston to finish the hiring process, all expenses paid. Just pay attention in class. You pretty much hired on the spot, especially if you have a degree or depending on their availability

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

A&P Mechanic Interview

Interview

You need an A&P certificate. It is helpful if you have experience, but not a requirement. Able to work long hours if needed. If you get a offer, make sure you have your A&P license. Be prepare to take a drug test and be fingerprinted. The fingerprint so you can be cleared by TSA to work at the airport.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to take a mechanic's test to see how math and science you know.   Answer Question

Airline Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

First is the Company presentation, then a 40 question ATP written, next a paragraph about Aviation topic. 2-1 HR/Technical session is next. The guys are Pilots too, straight forward. If you're selected, they'll send you across the street for fingerprinting & then a drug-screen. No Sim test.

Seems like a good place to work, modern fleet.

Interview Questions

Competitive offer from smaller airline with better upgrade prospect.

Airline Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salina, KS (US)

Application

I interviewed at ExpressJet Airlines (Salina, KS (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application via Airlineapps.com and was contacted the next day. I met with recruiters at a nearby location. They had a roundtable interview where any questions were asked by perspective employees. Then three different types of computer tests: Psychological, ATP written type test, and cognitive skills. Then an essay about how a turbine engine works. Oral was a Jepp plate to brief then about different FARs and TMATT...then an immediate offer pending drug and background checks.

Interview Questions

• There were no surprises. All gouges on the web were spot on. Use the Everything Explained Book and Turbine Pilot's books to study.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Union contract.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.