Extra Space Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Extra Space Storage Interview Questions

Interviews at Extra Space Storage

2.7

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Baltimore, MD (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and Easy. One on One Interview . Met with District Mgr who told me about the company. Learned about there training process . Also learned that they really like to promote from within .

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to apply ?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage in August 2015.

Interview

Met with District Manager, Dist. mgr. in training and a company training individual. We walked the property and interviewed while walking. The District Manger picked up trash as we walked so if you really want to impress them pick something up before they do because this is the job. I was dressed in interview slacks and tie but still can get my hands dirty. The next person interviewing came in unshaven, in khakis, and a button down shirt. Not sure what look goes over better with them but I would assume always go in dressed to impress.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you? Tell me what do you think about customer service and how important is it to you? How did you handle a hard customer? Also, they will stress that the job is 60% manual work I.e. Cleaning units, parking lot, maintenance etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Store Manager while we walked the building. Standard interview questions. This interview lasted for about 30 minutes. I was then interviewed by the District Manager in an office for another 30 minutes, and asked mostly the same questions. I was told benefits don't kick in for 90 days and there is a one year wait to contribute to a 401(K).

Interview Questions

• What is customer service? Describe a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation? What is one word you would use to describe yourself? What is work culture?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Acres, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Lehigh Acres, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied via Indeed quick-apply. I received a phone call form the District Trainer a few days later explaining a little bit about the position. We scheduled an interview for the following Monday. I had a second interview with the District Manager at a second location on Wednesday and was offered a conditional offer of employment that Friday. Took about a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than I asked for, however during the interview I was told that the location would dictate my starting g salary.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview. They were good about working with me to set this up at a convenient time for me. The next round was an in person interview with the District Team Lead. This interview was formal but low stress and more of a screening. The final step was an interview with the District Manager. This was the interview where they asked the questions that you weren't expecting and rely got to know if you were going to fit in the Extra Space Culture.

Interview Questions

• If you had to tell a customer "no", how would you do so.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I felt like the offer was more generous than I expected and have continued to feel that way after working here a while.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. One with a district team lead, next with the DM. Interview questions were standard, both interviewers clearly laid out the expectations of the position. I got a call back within a week and started about a month later since I had to give notice at my previous employers.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Raleigh, NC (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

You have a phone interview and if you pass that you have an interview with a District Team Lead, If you pass that you get a final interview with the District Manager

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about cleaning?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballston Spa, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Ballston Spa, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from a District Team Lead in my area that asked me some pre-interview questions. After this, we set up a date and time for a WebEx Meeting, which is a webcam interview. This went well and was my DTL and I. After this, another WebEx was held to be interviewed by our District Manager. Finally, I was asked to stop by the actual property to meet the Store Manager ( the only other person I would be working with daily). It did take about a month and a half from the time that I submitted my resume till the time I was actually hired, but was worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult customer interaction you have experienced? What was the most memorable, positive experience with a customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Fort Mill, SC (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Pleasant environment, Interviewers were fun and excited about the company. A very inviting environment, The people at the site were very friendly and open to any questions that I asked them.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle disgruntle tenant.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Riverside, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview that went pretty smooth. Great experience.
    Second was in person. Was quick to reject my application after the second interview, after stating they will let me know in a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to go over and beyond what is expected for a customer?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.