Extra Space Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Extra Space Storage Interview Questions

Interviews at Extra Space Storage

2.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage.

Interview

2 part interview, did an initial with a District Team Lead and then a 2nd with the District Manager. After meeting with the district manager I was told to speak with a store manager about the particulars of the role. I drove to another site and spoke with that employee for a bit, then called the district manager back. Received an offer about a week later.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Hot Potato at its finest
    I had been applying to this company weeks ago. When I saw a position become available near me, I applied. The next day I got a call from a DTL to do a quick phone interview. After the phone interview she asked me to come in for an in person interview 2 days later. I interviewed with 3 different people at the same time. I felt the interview was going well until the district asked me if I had mind driving further and if she could send my resume to another District for consideration. I said of course. However, I was confused because I thought she had a position open in her district. This is when I realized that maybe she had already filled the position that I had applied to. But why ask me to come in if there was no room to put me in your district in the first place? The same day I got a call from the other district manger who asked me to come in to an interview the next morning. Once I talked to the other DM in the interview he was not pleased to hear that I lived where I did. This information I thought was already explained to him prior to calling me in for the interview. The interview went well, at lest I thought. He assured me he would give me a call in the early part of next week. I never got a call from him but I did get a call from a DTL that Wednesday asking to conduct another phone interview due to the fact that she was not there at my first interview. She asked if I had mind working in a particular location and I said no I had no issue. A few days passed and I got a email stating that they were pursuing other candidates. I then called the 2nd district manager I interviewed with because I did not directly apply with him. I told him that I wanted to touch basis with him on the position to see if it had been filled. He asked me in a shocking like voice "Ms.___ didn't call you?" I said no. He said let me talk to her and I'll call you back. A couple hours passed still no call. I then knew what exactly was going on. I called it a loss. In my opinion they did not have to run me around like that. The 2nd DM should have been straight forward and called me back like he said he would to let me know he had decided to move forward with other candidates. I had already knew I didn't land a position with the first DM because the 2nd DM had already told me she was overstaffed. I'm disappointed. I expected more from this company. They seem to be very disorganized. They take entirely too long to update you on a decision. They have a workday system that you can check your status of application but like I said I applied weeks ago to a few different positions and they are all still not updated. My advice to extra space storage: If the positions are no longer available just take them down. You all need to be more considerate of candidates time and not lead them on. Faster responses please on applicant statuses.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

Interview

Phone interview with district team leader followed by person interview with district manager. Then background screening which includes a drug test criminal history check and driving record check. I got the results back very fast from background check

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table as an employee at extra space   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Denver, CO (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Two part interview process. First you’ll interview with a DL or District Lead. Second interview is with the DM or District Manager.

Questions asked involve dealing with difficult or upset customers. Also the ability to multitask as most locations are ran with 1 associate at a time. The ask how comfortable you are with cleaning. There are a couple customer service questions (what does it mean to you type stuff)

Interview Questions

• When/if prices increase you may come across difficult or upset customers. How would you handle that situation   Answer Question

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Individual interviews in a group setting you meet with one person and I’d they like you you get a second interview with their direct boss it was a very long waiting period in between those interviews

Interview Questions

• What would be the worst part of this position for you   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online within hours later I had a phone interview. The DTL asked a couple of questions then invited me in for an face to face interview the next day. After the first interview that was just a conversation I got asked to come back for a second interview with the DM. After meeting with the DM I got offered the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Cottonwood Heights, UT (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

A 30-minute initial interview with their recruiter followed by a 1.5 hour long in-person coding interview at Extra Space Storage in Cottonwood Heights. After the in-person interview, I did not hear back for almost 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The coding interview question was along the lines of "right now we are only getting exact matches but we would like to have all potential matches"   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online and they contacted me for a phone screen. Within the week they wanted to do a face interview. The process was quick and overall was hired within less than two weeks of applying!

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like you're a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

District Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Brandon, FL (US)).

Interview

There was a three stage interview process. First you did a phone screen. Then you did a sit down interview with a DTL,. Then you did a sit down interview with the DM.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Extra Space Storage (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

On the spot interview. There was a two process interview. If you pass the first one, you move on the second. I made it to the first interview and was not able to do the second interview due to the hiring personnel running behind on his interviews.

Interview Questions

• Did you know that it’s not just a sit down job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.