FireEye Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FireEye Interview Questions

Interviews at FireEye

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

One telephonic interview, technical interview by a team mate. Friendly interview. Covered questions about my resume, my experience, covered CS topics, DS and algo. They asked one system design question. Go through Cracking the coding interview and you are good to go! Overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume
      Basic CS topics
      System design question   Answer Question

Incident Response Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FireEye (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Technical assessment, phone screening followed by on site interview. Interviewers were a bit uncoordinated/unorganized. I often had the same question repeated to me on multiple occasions and felt I was not asked much about what I've done but rather how I "should fit their role." Personally, this interview for an entry level candidate was unnecessarily difficult despite me being clearly overqualified for the role.

Interview Questions

• Type in google.com what happens?   1 Answer
    • Tools used to analyze registry?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

The initial phone review went really well. The recruiter never got back about second round despite saying everything was going fine. There is no response on follow up email as well.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

Very straightforward. Given case to review. Asked for thoughts. Asked me for thoughts on specific culture, etc. I was honest and they liked that. I believe they have a fair hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What difficulty in your life has gotten you to this point?   Answer Question

Linux Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

The interview process is good, focus mainly on Linux . They take all the rounds focus mainly on your RHEL LINUX skills. Past experience doesn't really matter if you datacenter experience

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

Recruiter was not organized. Solicited for interview times, then did not get back to me for a week and a half. Then had to solicit again for the following week for a phone screen. When it came time for the phone screen I never got a call. About 30 minutes later I got an email telling me she kept on trying to call but no answer. I had no missed calls from her.

Interview Questions

FireEye Response

28 Aug 2019 – Director, Americas Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and candor. We are always focused on improvements to our candidate experience. If you would be open to sharing more specifics, I would love to hear from you. My email is chris.campbell@fireeye.com

Thanks,
    Chris Campbell

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FireEye (Milpitas, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied via company website. Received email from HR for initial phone screen. It went as normal. General questions regarding experience, why you are looking, why are interested in the company. Coordinated for hiring manager interview. She was running late. The HR recruiter did not tell me how long we were scheduled for and the hiring manager had a hard stop. Told me she will call me the next day to continue. Didn't happened. Contacted HR recruiter. Said she will coordinate. Never heard from either person again...

Interview Questions

• Typical experience and behavior questions.   1 Answer

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FireEye (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

HR called and confirmed interview.
    Then two rounds of interviews. One by a senior QA Engineer and other by principal engineer and hiring manager.
    The process was smooth and quick. However, one of the interviewer in second round was rude.

Interview Questions

• Python concepts, libraries, file handling, simple programs in python. Test cases writing.
      Questions like search a list of values in file, tuples, dictionary.   1 Answer
    • In second round they were bombarding questions. This was knowledge based round. Questions were not tough but one of the interviewer attitude was not good and was very rough.
      Networking questions, wpa2, wep, http vs https architectural difference, negative test cases for notepad, radius server, api testing, stress vs load test, oops, basic os questions, can we hide ssid, osi layers in some detail, tcp dump, frame vs packet, bubble sort, sort huge file and many other questions like http error codes, put vs post vs get etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

On-site interview, 4 rounds, Video conference with the manager and a senior software engineer, followed by a senior software engineer and architect. Questions were based on the job description.

Interview Questions

• questions related to - python, Linux, design pattern, algorithm, database.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FireEye.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a 30 min phone screen. Asked about my background and told about the role in more detail. Next I had a second 30 min phone interview with a member of the team. After that I was invited to come in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview was 3 hours long and I met with multiple people. Sometime it was a 1:1 and other times it was a group. Great experience. Recruiter was very helpful throughout the whole process and I liked meeting so many people on the team. It was a very smooth and organized process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about FireEye?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your past experience   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.