FirstPort Visiting Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FirstPort Visiting Development Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at FirstPort

2.7

Visiting Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halstead, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FirstPort (Halstead, South East England, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Very relaxed & Informal. Made me feel at ease from the start. Lots of information shared about the role & training and was interested in me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for us?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FirstPort

Visiting Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstPort (York, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process and communication was good, I dealt with Helena and then Leah in their office in Luton, mainly via email. I was interviewed in a well known cafe and found the interview a bit difficult due to the fact that there was an extra person at the interview that i wasn't told about and in a public place, it was hard to hear. I didn't find the main interviewer very professional. He asked me if I had read the reviews about FirstPort on Trip Advisor? Apparently there was a few bad reviews about the company on there and he wondered if I had seen them! I felt as if he was just going through the motions and that the questions he was asking had been sent from the recruitment office, all competency based questions that were quite straightforward but in the surroundings, my nervousness and the fact that I had not had an interview for a few years, didn't get me the job. How do I know this? They don't let you know, I figured it out when at the end of the week, it was re-advertised.

Interview Questions

FirstPort Response

20 Feb 2019 – Head of Talent

I’m really sorry to hear about your experience with your hiring manager. We do our upmost to ensure that all candidates have a good interview experience with us (as you mentioned you had had with Helena and Leah).
    We will be investigating why you were asked to meet at a busy coffee shop and the non-competency based questions the hiring manager asked you. I have also enquired as to why you were given no feedback, all our candidates are given a decision and specific feedback after interview. I can therefore understand your frustration.

Thank you for your post, your feedback will help us investigate where the process has not worked in this instance. Please do contact me on Emma.Smith@FirstPort.co.uk if you would like to talk further.

Thanks

Emma

Visiting Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Epsom, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FirstPort (Epsom, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I then received a telephone call, followed by an email to invite me for an interview.

The interview on the day was relaxed, friendly and professional. I have to say that this has been the first interview I have ever attended where it felt natural and not robotic. The interview was not rushed which meant I had time to let the nerves settle and not walk away regrets of what I could have said.

During the interview, the JD and training process was explained thoroughly; it left no room for me to questions (that's good).

I've ticked no to getting the job in advance (let's hope I answered that bit wrong).

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you made a bad decision and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.