Fitbit Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Fitbit Interview Questions

Interviews at Fitbit

2.9

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Their interview process was flawless. From the get-go, the recruiter was responsive & well-organized. She was always prompt in setting up the next steps. She went above-and-beyond in getting on the phone and made sure to inform me of where things were at.

The interview format was standard. There was an HR screen, online tech portion, and a virtual 'on-site.' The coding challenges were fair and didn't have any 'gotchas.' They even set up a phone call after the onsite because I wanted to find out more about the company and the role. Everyone I talked to seemed smart, knowledgeable & personable.

Interview Questions

• The standard ones! Some coding, design, and behavioral.   Answer Question

User Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

Series of phone calls. I was also asked to create a mock that they would review. Interview largely encompassed sharing with me some of the opportunities at the company, as well as asking about my interests. I also was asked a series of research-specific questions and asked how I would tackle each.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online, had a telephonic interview for 45 mins and then on-site interview. Telephonic interview had a coding question. On-site interview was divided into 4 slots of 1hr each. 2 slots for coding question, 1 system design and 1 behavioral questions sessions

Interview Questions

• Behaviorial questions were related to conflict resolution, challenges faced and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit.

Interview

The process consisted of an HR phone screen, plus 2-3 technical phone interviews, followed by an on-site presentation and series of interviews. The first HR interview was to check that I had the right set of skills for the position. The technical phone interviews dealt with a algorithm design. During the on-site I presented past experience and had a series of 1:1 or 1:2 interviews that were technical.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions dealt with probability, statistics, and algorithm design. Confusion matrices, confidence intervals, clinical study design, meaning of sensitivity and specificity, etc. Some coding questions. A few open-ended questions.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Extremely slow and inefficient process. It took them 3 months to schedule 2 phone screens and 1 onsite, and from there it took 7+ weeks and 4 follow ups to close the loop!

I was asked to present a product case and present it for 45 mins only to find everyone on the room were either on their laptop or their cell phones...I found that waste of time...

Fitbit doesn't care about candidates once they decide to drop them.

I will never seek candidacy with Fitbit.

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

First interview with Director and second round with Software Architect. General question regarding big data pipeline processes and tools. Both interviewers asked very broad data engineer pipeline building and big data ecosystem tools. For eg. discussion on Persto VS Oozie. They did sent for on-site interview but abruptly cancelled.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve data source cleansing issues?
      How did you solve gaps in data?   1 Answer

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

30 min phone screen with the recruiter followed by a 30 min technical interview with the hiring manager on the web after couple of days. Onsite interview consisted of six hours for 6 rounds, an hour each. Overall the interview process was very smooth and quick and totally enjoyable.

Health Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long. The interviewer was quite serious, seemed unfriendly and almost defensive when I asked questions about the position. Being contract work, there are no benefits and I was told no guarantee of work past next spring. The pay also isn’t great. I’ve heard it’s very easy work, and it’s remote, so those are benefits.

Interview Questions

• If a client expressed that they were experiencing depression, what would you say to them/how would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Senior Test Automation Engineer Interview

Interview

The worst onsite interview that I have ever had in my entire 25+ years of working in the high technology industry. They were very unprofessional.
    I do not recommend working for Fitbit Inc.

Interview Questions

• They were very unprofessional.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Small sized office (almost 200 people) in Seaport, seems very cozy. Product they are working on is brand new so that interested me greatly. Management seems to understand priorities and work is focused on doing things right instead of just delivering features.

The interview process was brutally long (6.5 hours in total including lunch). Other than that, the interviewers were all very professional and this truly looks like a fun work place to be in. Very collaborative. Benefits look great and can definitely see myself staying here for a while if I joined. Unfortunately with all things, timing was key and I had a much better offer right before I received the final package, so had to decline this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Create a binary search tree given an array of values. Follow up discussion question (more theoretical) on how this can be balanced properly.   Answer Question
    • Design a large scale system to comply with data deletion.   Answer Question
    • Given abstract APIs, come up with algorithm to traverse list of nodes   Answer Question
    • Design a cache using LRU policy   Answer Question
    • Design a large scale system to track food intake logs   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.