Fitbit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Fitbit Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Fitbit

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online, had a telephonic interview for 45 mins and then on-site interview. Telephonic interview had a coding question. On-site interview was divided into 4 slots of 1hr each. 2 slots for coding question, 1 system design and 1 behavioral questions sessions

Interview Questions

• Behaviorial questions were related to conflict resolution, challenges faced and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fitbit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Small sized office (almost 200 people) in Seaport, seems very cozy. Product they are working on is brand new so that interested me greatly. Management seems to understand priorities and work is focused on doing things right instead of just delivering features.

The interview process was brutally long (6.5 hours in total including lunch). Other than that, the interviewers were all very professional and this truly looks like a fun work place to be in. Very collaborative. Benefits look great and can definitely see myself staying here for a while if I joined. Unfortunately with all things, timing was key and I had a much better offer right before I received the final package, so had to decline this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Create a binary search tree given an array of values. Follow up discussion question (more theoretical) on how this can be balanced properly.   Answer Question
    • Design a large scale system to comply with data deletion.   Answer Question
    • Given abstract APIs, come up with algorithm to traverse list of nodes   Answer Question
    • Design a cache using LRU policy   Answer Question
    • Design a large scale system to track food intake logs   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process contained a chat with the recruiter, followed by a phone screen, and then an on-site. The phone screen consisted of a discussion of an algorithm implementation followed by a discussion of past work experience, where there was some room for error on the former. The on-site consisted of four interviews, including two coding interviews, one architecture interview, and one manager interview. Overall, I felt that the interviews were fairly good evaluators, rather than focusing on getting tricks or having less useful algorithm knowledge.

Interview Questions

• If you're creating an API that serves up images based on an ID and an image size, how would you architect the service?   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitbit in December 2017.

Interview

First stage: 15 min phone screen with hiring manager.
    Second stage: 1hour Java coding interview on webex. Most of it was spent on the task that interviewer could not adequately explain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Usual recruiter call, 1 hour phone screen solving a data structure problem on coderpad and then 3 and half hour on site visit. Interview process was pretty enjoyable until I talked these 2 guys for an hour during the on-site. Those 2 are the most condescending individuals I have ever interviewed with in the industry. I knew right then I wouldn't want to work in an environment where this type of behavior exists.

Interview Questions

• File systems pattern
      N Queen Problem
      Design ticket purchase
      Message transmission problem -- count the number of people through sendMessageLeft   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called. We talked and I have all the right experience for the job. I told her I was married and had children. She said she would get back to me later that week. She did not. She did not answer my followup email either. If you are not single then don't worry about working for fitbit. They seem to only be interested in people that are single and ready to be married to the company and not people who have a life outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Does this sound interesting to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter, since my background was an exact match. Technical phone interview went well. It was a nice talk with the engineering manager.

The onsite was in SF office. I met 7 engineers in total, including managers. Things went south there. If you are a good and experienced engineer with a healthy dose of self-respect, don't bother to interview. Several of the interviewers showed close-mindedness and arrogance, which was completely unfounded, since by talking with them, it was clear that their systems were not in a good state, couldn't handle high load, sounded to have many design and implementation issues. These technical stuffs are not a problem. They are solvable. That attitude is a big no. Considering that the traffic load in Fitbit is really not big, it really makes you wonder.

To be fair, I like two of the interviewing engineers. They are a minority, based on this small sample.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on distributed storage, databases, monitoring, etc.   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from FitBit which was followed by a phone screen with the recruiter. She then scheduled a technical phone screen with one of the engineers. The technical phone screen consisted of a live coding and technical questions. It lasted an hour. I was next scheduled for an onsite interview in the San Francisco office. The onsite interview consisted of four sessions with a total of seven people. I interviewers were friendly with lots of question on both sides throughout the interview. The onsite interview took 4 hours and the whole process about four weeks.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were typical for Software Engineering positions in San Francisco. There were several coding exercises and architecture and systems knowledge questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I met with 3 engineers for technical problems in addition to non technical meets with a senior engineering manager, VP of engineering and QA lead.

I didn't end up getting an offer with no particular feedback on my lack of technical skills but rather I was too front-end focused to fit into some of the backend heavy roles they are trying to fill.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fitbit in April 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted via LinkedIn and then scheduled a quick chat to go over the company, the position, the interview process. The recruiter then scheduled a 45 minute phone screen with a senior engineer. The interview was a technical coding interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a string of the form:
      "{Valery,Jason,Peter} was in {good,bad} mood and he went to the {beach, party, library}";

Print out all the permutations of the string. Eg:
      Valery was in good mood and he went to the beach.   4 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.