Flybe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Flybe

2.8

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flybe (Exeter, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Arrived at the Flybe training centre in Exeter and the day started at about 9am. There's free parking on site, some people stayed at the Hilton hotel the night before which is right over the road from the training centre. There were about 30 of us at the beginning of the day, however the assessors often said that the assessment day groups were normally about half the size and ours was abnormal. It was a mix of bases, There were people for Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Exeter, and Southampton bases. We had a short presentation about the company and the job and then left the room, getting taken in a couple at a time to check you fit the physical requirements. 3 people were sent home at this point due to tattoos. Even though one girl had a tattoo that would be covered if she wore the trousers as the uniform, she wore a skirt that showed it to the assessment day and they told her to go home, so if you have a leg tattoo and are female, wear trousers to the interview! They also check your height, you read a short announcement out loud, and they give you a numbered badge to wear for the rest of the day.

Next we had a icebreaker task, half the group had an actor and half the group had a film, we had to find the partner with the actor/film that matched and learn 3 interesting facts about our partner, then we introduced our partner and the facts about them to everyone else in the group. Although they called this an icebreaker, the assessors are walking around with their clipboards, seeing how you interact, marking how smart you look, and how loudly and clearly you talk when you introduce your partner. (I know this because we later saw a mark sheet that one of the assessors accidentally left laying around!)

After that we had the group task. We were separated by our number badges into groups of 8-10, and had to plan a trip using the flybe brochure they left out for us. We had to choose an event and a location, we chose a romantic proposal in Paris, and planned a weekend for our imaginary couple. Halfway through they interrupted our group with a small issue, ours was that our Aunt had to come along with us and wanted to see certain things on the trip. We then presented our trip to the other groups.

Next was the English and Maths tests. they are very easy and nothing to worry about, took only 10 minutes to do both, the maths one is just some simple sums and the English one is reading information from a passage and circling the correct answer to the question, the answers are all in the passage.

It was about 12 by this point, and this is when they make decisions about who will get to interview and who will go home. This took them about 1:30 hours, but they said its normally much much less as our group was bigger than normal. There's vending machines with snacks, tea, coffee, the hotel over the road has a cafe, and some food trucks actually were parked outside for the staff with good food (taking card + cash). We were then separated into 2 groups, about half of us got an interview and about half were sent home.

The interview itself was really nice and casual compared to another assessment day I've been on. We were interviewed by cabin crew themselves that had been running the assessment day, they were really friendly and put you at ease. One assessor goes through a list of scenario based questions and the other just takes a couple notes, it takes about 15-20 minutes, and this is when they collect your documentation. After the interview we were free to go! My interview was about halfway the order of interviews and I was done by about 3:40pm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be cabin crew? What skills do you have that make you suitable for the job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were given feedback, how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you worked in a team, how did it go?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to act quickly.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you provided great customer service.   1 Answer

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Flybe (Exeter, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly conversation with lead of Linux Admins ended in intermediate basis. I had possibility to meet really nice guy, who didn't want answers for everything, but ideas about how I would like to resolve some problems. Instead of full knowledge possibility to learn about everything was excelent

Production Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flybe (Exeter, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview with 2 Team Leaders plus an HR person. Good interview technique and they don't go for the competency based "blag your way in" stuff that the big boys employ. Culmination of interview is to leave you with several examples of work related scenarios to look at and then they come back to discuss it with you.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a safety critical task   1 Answer

Money and 12 hour shifts with paltry shift pay. Relocation down to Exeter would be hard. Annual pay is between £5k to £10k less than the going rate.

People Team Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flybe (Exeter, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online via Flybe Job Vacancies web page then was sent an email 8 days prior to interview to prepare a 15 minute presentation and session plan.
    Interview was conducted on time and good introduction by both members of the interview panel on the process and expectations.
    Presentation was delivered first followed by a selection of pre written questions that was professionally asked and standardised as part of the recruitment process.
    Was given plenty of time and chance to ask questions throughout interview process which was conducted in a relaxed, suitable and quite informal environment.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were pre written and prepared by interview panel which I felt was professionally done and standardised to ensure all those interviewed are and were treated fairly and with the same process.
      A selection of Flybe Vision & Mission statements with company ethics were questioned with an expectation of how I could relate to this in past experiences. Scenarios of situations through work experience and how I dealt with it were also asked to show and confirm experience,competency and also how I dealt with the scenario. Notes were taken throughout on answers given.   1 Answer

Direct Entry Captain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flybe (Exeter, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Flybe provided free tickets to position from Manchester to Exeter and booked me in the crew Hotel at crew rates. The Assessment day was very relaxed, Firstly we were introduced to the chief pilot, flight safety team and director of flight operations. Everyone at Flybe were very friendly, I felt the day was an opportunity for us to meet the Flybe team and give them an insight into your suitability to fit into the Flybe way of doing things. Lunch was provided before the Interview which was conducted with two Human Resource personnel and an observer. The interview questions comprised of discussing flying experience and scenario based questions. If successful in the interview you will be invited to the sim assessment in either the dash or the Ejet. The instructor provided a comprehensive briefing and tries to assure and relax you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a confrontational situation during your aviation career.   Answer Question

DEC DHC8 Q400 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flybe (Exeter, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Friendly, focus on most importan things of my background.
    The HHRR team was very clear with the Questions and always make me feel confortable.
    The management of the company was friendly and very clear with the terms and conditions of the contract.
    The Sim was very professional and the checker a very good Instructor with the explanations necessary to perform the assestment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.