Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Interviews at Freddie Mac

2.8

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of interview. Good insightful conversation- no issues with that. I hear nothing for 2 weeks and then the position was cancelled. I think it is very disappointing and disrespectful that I was not told that in an email or a call seeing as they called me to interview for the position to begin with.

I don’t expect to get every position that I interview for, but would have appreciated some courtesy in letting me know that in fact they were going to cancel the position.

Business Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Phone interview 30 mins, then in person interview with 3 managers, basic resume + few theoretical questions, and then another 2 person interview with the senior leads. it was pretty basic, just know your resume word for word and be able to talk on them.

Interview Questions

• how many tennis balls can fit into a mini cooper?   1 Answer

Fullstack Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was first called by the recruiter then scheduled for a tech interview.

The technical interview was very easy. It was a problem-solving(please refer to the Interview Question section). I started by thinking and explaining to him my first idea to solve the problem. My first solution was a brute force and the interviewer asked me to think of a better one. I was able to think of a simpler, faster, and better solution but unfortunately he rejected it and unable to justify why my idea was wrong. So i insisted to prove my answer is correct and pushed him to explainto me what's wrong with the problem. He gave other use cases which can cause my solution to fail. Then i asked him more use cases so i can fix and improve it. He still insists to reject my idea but I keep on proving him that my solution is correct. Then he let me complete my code and i was very confident that I had solved it. The most intimidating part was the last part, he forgot 1 of his criteria in the problem which I had arguably corrected to him because he was introducing a different condition and he was embarassed when he realized that he really forgot. I believe it took me 15min to think and solve the problem but 30min was asking and discussing with him the use cases and conditions of the problem. I hope next time the interviewer would be prepared and thoughtful enough to share the conditions and use cases of the problem. The interviewer should also be knowlegeable enough to prove the flaw of the candidates solution and not just telling that he doesn't like the idea. He should also be willing to be corrected when he make mistakes. He was not also engaging whenever I was proactivley asking him.

This experience will never dictate the level of my potential that though the interviewer rejected me, I'm not a poor developer. I also interview applicants. If i know the candidate is good or smarter than me, i will gladly pass him.

I had sent my feedback to the recruiter but it never replied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are your experience Java Spring Boot, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.

Problem solving:
      Loop in the array and Get the product of all the numbers except for the current index.

input [1, 2, 3, 4]
      output[24, 12, 8, 6]   Answer Question

QA Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Honestly, it was an ok interview. Pretty straight forward definitely know your resume. Know how to explain your projects and your responsibilities. Always make sure to take on to the sentence with "I did this..." and not "we as a team..." This will help them understand that you are a key on your team and you will be one in the team they're hiring you for. Be honest.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could've done better at your previous positions? and why?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Interview

Initial phone screen was setup for 30 minutes but the interview lasted only for 20 minutes. General questions about resume. One week later got an automated message saying that l wasn't selected. Turns out they already had someone in line. They just post and do interviews for audit purposes to show that they have interviewed a bunch of candidates. If you don't know someone don't bother interviewing here. Most of the postings are just for show.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Very professional interview process. Several interviews with key management. The entire process took a while but it went extremely well and allowed me to learn a lot of about the position. Was able to ask a lot of questions and got the answers I needed.

Interview Questions

Interview

In person at the office in multiple rounds— I would say expect a 3 hour process at the least. Slight behavior majority sql testing on table joins. Essentially a test on how well you know how to code

Interview Questions

• Create a query using tables given, how would you solve to get xyz   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. the process took almost three weeks. the first interview was through skype. the second one was in person. the questions were about how I did my school projects.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager (after the original interview with recruiting). Hiring manager was 15 minutes late to the call and did not even apologize. And the person cut the call short for another meeting.
    Overall very awkward experience- in my 10+ years, never had anyone who was late for an interview and blatantly unprofessional. A great way to portray what Freddie Mac is. Even if offered a job, would not want to work here.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2020.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via WayUp. I recorded a video interview and a few weeks later did an online interview with 2 managers during Freddie Day. They mostly asked about previous experience. They had good communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.