Freshworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Freshworks Interview Questions

Interviews at Freshworks

2.9

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freshworks (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

The recruiter was delightful. I enjoyed and appreciated this interaction. Professional and responsive. So far, so good!

What irked me about the process after the recruiter was the fact that I only spoke to males and a specific demographic at that. It doesn’t appear that there are women on their leadership team aside from HR. This team could benefit from more diversity in the hiring process and provide candidates the opportunity to speak to a wider range of leadership members if they exist.

Director, Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Freshworks in August 2020.

Interview

Six to seven video interviews with various functional leads, prospective peer group and HR. Interviewers were thoughtful and welcoming. HR interview preceded functional interviews. Company processes seemed to be a work-in-progress. Most of the questions were focused on qualification-matching rather than behavioral (unusual for CS hiring).

Interview Questions

• What kind of metrics have you tracked for Customer Success?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freshworks (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter was purposely misleading about everything from salary to equity. Very hard sell type of tactics used in the recruiting process. Left a terrible taste in my mouth. Bleck!

Interview Questions

Freshworks Response

10 Apr 2020 – Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry the experience isn't what you would have hoped for. We are constantly getting better, and I'll make sure to incorporate this feedback as we continue to grow and scale. We wish you the best!

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freshworks (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

They called me for an interview right after a week for an f2f. The process went very smooth. Interview was more of a casual talk. Thought I did well. They asked me if they can confirm if I'm ready for night shift and they'll call back for next round of interview. But even after 2 weeks there was no reply . After continuous calls and emails I got the rejection email. HR team, kindly let us know as soon as possible even if any candidate is rejected. Please have already that much amount of respect towards a candidate. Highly dissatisfied by the HR team.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freshworks in February 2020.

Interview

Screening call went well, but then slowed down significantly after that. They encouraged a free trial of their software, to understand it better, and never reached back out. The process would also involve a presentation on a piece of their solution, but unfortunately never got to that point in the process.

Interview Questions

Freshworks Response

10 Apr 2020 – Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. We're committed to getting better, so I appreciate the insights. Best of luck in your career!

Customer Advocacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freshworks (San Mateo, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Overall the process was incredibly fast and to the point. It usually take multiple rounds of interviews before a company and candidate make their decision, but with Freshworks, everything was lined up from the start.

The recruiter was always available for questions via text, which made her much easier to depend on., even after I received the job offer. This made the experience a lot more personal than past interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about getting customers to agree to PR activities?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freshworks (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was very easy. It was a series of about 7 interviews including recruiter, 2 sales managers, 1 AE, and HR. I had 2 interviews with each sales manager. The questions were very easy and generic. No presentation or mock call needed done. I did received an offer however they felt the stock options compensated for the very low below market value offer they gave me which was lower than what I was told by the recruiter. I received other offers at the same time and this job was 30k annual OTE salary below the lowest offer and 50k annual OTE salary below the highest offer I received. They weren’t willing to budge and felt the “stock offer” and opportunity to earn bonuses from things like multi-years would make up for the different in pay. My advice is if someone is willing to negotiate and showing you another company is willing to offer more and you want that talent in house then work with them. That’s extremely important to a company success.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Freshworks?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume and tell me what you did at each job.   Answer Question
    • Who do you sell to company size, who in the org, and how do you carve out your week and or day?   Answer Question

10 Apr 2020 – Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like you had some great options to consider :) We are always looking at our competitive positioning in terms of total rewards, base/variable, stock, and benefits. We're continually getting better on all fronts! We wish you success in your new role.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freshworks (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

2 Month interview process that took incredibly long to determine that overall I did not obtain the software selling skills needed. A disjointed and very longwinded process. Leadership seemed to just ask off the cuff questions to determine experience. Seems to lack "ethnic- diversity" on team over all.

Interview Questions

Freshworks Response

10 Apr 2020 – Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry the process did not go as you had hoped it would. We are continually striving to improve everything from our interview process to our employee experience and we're making great strides on our inclusion front as well. We wish you all the best!

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freshworks (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter at Freshworks for an open position at the quickly growing Denver, CO office.

The process went as followed:

1) LinkedIn outreach by recruiter
    2) Phone call with recruiter
    3) Interview with hiring manager
    4) Follow up by recruiter
    5) 2 more panel interviews with Freshworks Staff
    6) Offer phone call/letter

Interview Questions

• Explain SaaS project management methodology; give examples of full fledge deliveries, describe any issues you face, how you overcame those issues, etc...   Answer Question

10 Apr 2020 – Senior Director, Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to review Freshworks. We're committed to getting better each day. Welcome aboard!

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Freshworks (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Got a mail requesting to submit a blog post for one of their software application. Topic has to be chosen by the candidate itself. Based on the content quality, an interview invite will be sent. The interview process will have 4 rounds consisting of 2 content writers, a project manager and a HR head.

Interview Questions

• what's your current job role?   Answer Question
    • Do you know SEO? Can you write without SEO's help.   Answer Question
    • What's your best and worst content so far?   Answer Question
    • what are your efforts in on-page and off-page optimizations?   Answer Question
    • how will you rewrite content for SEO ?   Answer Question
    • are you comfortable writing content for video scripts, info graphic, marketing emails and any form of content?   Answer Question
    • This job demands more of a marketer than a content writer. are you willing to be a marketer?   Answer Question
    • can you stay here for more than 2 years?   Answer Question
    • can you think, write and market your content without guidance from seniors?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.