General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

General Mills Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2018

3.2

Administrative Assistant - Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process consist of a short welcome and four interviews with different managers and team members that last for approximately three hours. Each manager was very informative and transparent about the needs that they currently have and the support that will be needed from the associate they elect to move forward with. They have recently transitioned to Administrative Assistant's being COE's so that the workload is shared on 3 levels: Desk, Swat and Global. I absolutely loved the experience and am excited about next steps. The recruiting staff have informed me that I should hear something within the next 2 weeks about next steps should they choose to proceed with me as a candidate for hire.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle confidential information; Would it be hard for you to tell your friend or co-worker that you couldn't share this information?   1 Answer
    • Why have you selected General Mills as a prospective employer?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflict and/or constructive criticism from leaders?   Answer Question

I Applied for Bilangual Bakery Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Rogers, AR (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I had multiple back to back interviews,, my first interview started at 12:30 and the last was at 2:30 finishing at 3:00 pm. I was interviewed by four different people at the General Mills office in Rogers, AR.

Interview Questions

• to describe a situation where I have to help an employee to make their job easier   1 Answer

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannibal, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Hannibal, MO (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I received an email at the start of the process for a phone interview/screening. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were behavioral based on past experiences. The interview was conducted by the Operations Manager and Human Resource Manager. Approximately 2 weeks later I was notified by phone by the Human Resource Manager that they would like me to visit the plant for an onsite interview. I am a candidate out of state and General Mills generously paid for the air travel, hotel and rental car. Logistically it ran very smooth for the short visit. At the beginning of the interview process I was given a tour by a Manufacturing Supervisor/Team Leader. He was very knowledgeable and answered every question I had. During the tour it was very refreshing to see how smooth the processes seemed to be in what I thought would be a very fast paced environment. Employees were working at a safe pace and saw several smiling faces...morale seemed high. After the tour I was given a 1-1 interview with another Manufacturing Supervisor/Team Leader. The questions were behavioral based and I answered each question using the STAR method. Afterwards they had lunch catered in and was joined by a Manufacturing Supervisor and a Manufacturing Associate. Lunch was more of speaking about myself, why I was interested in the position, and more questions I had for them. I interviewed with the Human Resource Manager after lunch. Again behavior based with the STAR method. After the interview was my final interview with the Operations Manager. More behavior based questions and expectations. At the end I was somewhat interviewed by a Human Resource Manager who has been in contact with me throughout the process. Her questions were based on my experience of the day and also more about myself. The overall experience was far greater than I expected. Every person that I was in conversation with was very professional and very knowledgeable in their expertise. From my perspective, General Mills is about their people. It was a huge point for me to see how safety is number one not whatever it takes to get the job done. At this point the process has taken 8 weeks, but quite understandable since this started a week or so before the holidays.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process you created but failed at, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to mentor someone?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in food manufacturing?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belvidere, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Belvidere, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

1- Apply online
    2- Receive a phone call from the company HR recruiter
    3- Phone screen with the hiring manager & HR business associate
    4- Onsite Interview for 5 hours including lunch & plant tour
    5- Final Feedback

Interview Questions

• What makes you fit in this position   1 Answer

Senior IT Analyst - Maximo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was excellent. It all started from phone conversations to actually the site visit and face to face meetings. The process was very well structured. I had a chance to not only meet with the core Maximo Team but also individuals from Supply Chain, Global operations, IT developers, Human Resources and the Recruiting Manager.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about Java configuration: whether I have ever done it?   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I had previously interviewed for an AMM role and received a rejection. I reached out to the recruiter and asked if I could be considered for a senior marketing associate role. The recruiter got back to me a few days later and said yes, and supplied me with the link to apply for the position online. After I applied, I received an email stating that I was selected to move forward with final round in-person interviews. The interview was set up within one week.

I was instructed to take two behavioral assessments as well as a deductive reasoning test and to complete them at least 48 hours before my interview. The behavioral assessments repeated a lot of the same questions, just phrased in different ways. The deductive reasoning test was 18 questions in 20 minutes. It was difficult. Not sure how one can prepare for it though.

I was picked up by a recruiting assistant 20 minutes after my interview was supposed to start. No apologies or explanation was given. That set up a time crunch and threw me a bit off my interview game. There was not enough time for me to ask my interviewers many questions. In fact, I only had time to ask one question of the marketing manager that this position reported to. After the two interviews, I had a 30 minute conversation with another marketing associate at the caribou coffee that they have in the building. I was then walked to the recruiting office where I met with the recruiter who I had been communicating with via email.

The recruiter apologized for the lateness of the recruiting assistant, but again, offered no explanation. The recruiter stated that if an offer was extended a background check, an employment check, and a drug test would be conducted. The recruiter stated that the process takes two weeks, at which point new hires usually give their employer their two-week notice. The time from offer to start date is approximately one month. The recruiter then stated that I would hear back within a week. I found out exactly one week later, through email, that I would not be receiving an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to tackle a large amount of data and come up with a conclusion.   Answer Question
    • What CPG company is doing a good job with their marketing? After I answered, the follow up was: how would you capitalize on that campaign in a grocery store?   Answer Question
    • How big is the volume for the business you currently work on?   Answer Question

Business Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

2 (30-minute) On-campus interviews with recruitment team. I was sent a logical test and Personality tests to take prior to finding out if I made it to the final round. I was then flown out to HQ for 3 (30-minute) interviews with sales leadership and campus tour.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Thorough: General Mills does an extensive amount of testing - personality and aptitude - and interviewing - case and behavioral - before making an offer. Nonetheless, the people were amazing! Recruiters, hiring managers, other team members were responsive, transparent and friendly. Fit is very important

Interview Questions

• If you were to launch a brand tomorrow, what would you consider doing and why?   Answer Question

Application Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Once I was selected for a phone interview, the whole process went fairly quickly. The interview took a little more than 3 hours, meeting with 7 different people. The interviewers consisted of HR, the hiring manager, team members, and a manager from another team.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about this job that you don't look forward to or wouldn't enjoy doing?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Mills (Joplin, MO (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

It was like most interviews. The questions ranged between previous employment, told about the job and was I willing to relocate if needed. I believe it was a normal interview, but be prepared to tell them why you would be a good fit versus somebody at the next interview.

Interview Questions

• What do I think I would bring to their company   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.