General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

General Mills Interview Questions

Updated 8 Aug 2018

3.2

Pilot Plant Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted a few days later for two 20 minutes phone interviews. I was later emailed to schedule an interview at the General Mills James Ford Bell Technical Center in Golden Valley, MN on Monday February 22, 2016. I met with the recruiting managers, the reliability manager and 3 team leads as well as a technologist. The whole interview took about 2.5 hrs including a tour of the plant. I really enjoyed the meeting and got to know more about the position. All the interviewers were very professional and very informative.The interview consisted of primarily behavioral questions about my prior work experiences. At the end of each interview, I had the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about leadership experiences and How I gave feedback to my co workers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was the best I've been through from start to finished. I was contacted by a recruiter for the position and had a phone interview set up for the following day. Everything moved quickly and less than 24 hours later I was asked to come in and meet with the team 3 days later. I was also sent an email with 3 assessments to complete before my in person interview. I first met with HR and had a wonderful conversation. After that I met with 4 members of the marketing team. They were all wonderful and had some great questions prepared. I had prepped some answers based on questions I saw on glassdoor but wished I had a few more examples in my back pocket, as I had to reuse some scenarios. I left with a goodie bag and immediately poured myself a bowl of Lucky Charms when I got home. I guess it work! 36 hours later I was offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an innovative brand or campaign you've seen   1 Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview was an Initial Phone Screening for the Fast Track Program with a Marketing Manager: lasted about an hour, 50% behavioral questions, 50% marketing case questions. Some concern about whether or not candidates are interested in moving to Minneapolis. Will probably ask about creativity and quantitative skills.

Initial contact was through email to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a well marketed product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

-In person interview
    -Testing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer, should have negotiated.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

Went through university recruiting - one person interview. Ask all sorts of behavioral questions and standard team building and swot questions. Process goes quick 2-5weeks, they hire a lot from campuses and need contact if you want a chance

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered a difficult situation in a team and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Salary was not that great

Associate Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Mills in October 2017.

Interview

First round 1-1 in person interview with only behavioral questions. Had to attend a mandatory information session before the interview. Second round is similar to the first round. You will be required to take an online personality assessment. Third round of interviews is on-site. Three rounds of interviews total.

Interview Questions

• What does the slogan of serving food people love mean to you?   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Met with recruiter at career fair and gave her my resume. They called me back for first round interview a couple days later. That was mostly behavioral questions with a couple business scenario and current event questions. The competition for that was intense but I made second round mostly by differentiating myself through showing passion for my current internship, jobs, and other activities. They are looking for a type of personality, which is basically a personable type A. Second round was incredibly intense. All day, with everything you can think of to do for an interview including case study and IQ. I enjoyed the challenge and I think that shined through. Good luck!

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Cedar Rapids, IA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

The phone screen was great it was 45 minutes to 1 hour--they expressed extreme interest in keeping contact in case another company was going to scoop me up first.

They contacted me about 1 week later wanted to get me to an onsite interview in a hurry. Almost making it sound like I landed the job.

Interview Questions

• It's all situational. Questions are fine. They are all about how you do on the amazing Wonderlic test. it's a 50 questions test and you have 12 minutes to finish. They tell you the test has a small impact on your total review. But it's almost a deal breaker. They also give you a Hogan personality assessment test. Answer politically and do not give the honest answer. Tell them what they want to here and realize it's about the test not the actual interview questions. They need to focus on what is value added.   1 Answer

Associate Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reed City, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills (Reed City, MI (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough, and many similar questions were asked. All questions were fair asks, and there was plenty of time and opportunity to ask questions of your own

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

First interview with 2 people, in person.
    Second interview was final round, about 6-7 interviews in a day + case interview. Most of the interviews were with marketing people, but also had 1-2 HR people

Interview Questions

• Case interview about marketing launch   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.