General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

General Mills Interview Questions

Updated 19 Nov 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Got an employee referral. My first interview was over the phone. My final interview steps were on site interviews, there were 3 interviews and a sales role play. The process took about two weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

1) Personality test and logic test
    2) phone screen
    I interviewed with a past BMA and she asked very typical behavioral questions
    3) on-site interview
    I had 3 behavioral interviews and 1 role play interview
    The behavioral interviews, again, had very typical behavioral interview questions.
    Before the role play, there was an hour of prep time (more than enough to me) for you to go through the information and gather what you will present. After that, you will talk to the interviewer as if you are talking to the customer (retailer) and present to them your argument.

Everyone I met were really friendly and genuinely tried to get to know me. If you make it to the on-site interview, an employee will take you out to dinner (1-on-1) the night before and you will eat breakfast with a current BMA and lunch with another current BMA. You get to ask a lot of questions and really get to know the company.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why the BMA role/program?   1 Answer

BMA - C&F Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized. I went in to their headquarters on November 10th, 2017 to interview. I sat down with about 6 different people throughout the entire day (this includes people I had lunch/breakfast with). There were about 4 different interviews, one that included a role play.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

The process started with an hour-long info session, followed by a 30-minute behavioral interview. The second round interview was also behavioral and 30 minutes. Most of the questions were centered around why I would be a good fit for General Mills, and how I would work in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you worked with someone that you did not have a good relationship, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Very friendly people. A behavioral interview, followed by a second interview the following day consisting of a sales role play and another behavioral interview. After this an online assessment must be completed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager and HR recruiter. Heard back within few days for being selected for onsite interview. Completed personality and motivations inventory "test" online prior to onsite interview. Leading up to the onsite interview, provided with timely and helpful details for how to prepare and what to expect from HR. The day of the interview spent a little over 3 hours in multiple interviews with operations manager, HR manager, safety manager, and line lead, as well as a tour of manufacturing facility. Asked behavioral-based questions. All interviewers were friendly and engaged in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to collaborate with others in order to accomplish a work task. (What was the situation? What did you do?)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two Skype interviews and then I was flown to the world headquarters campus in Minneapolis for the final round interviews. There were three with various managers and VPs in the sales team. I also had to complete a few personality assessment and a logic assessment (similar to the LSAT).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time the expectations for a project or situation changed and you had to adapt.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process is intense. General Mills the takes time to make sure that candidates are the right fit for the job and the culture. Be sure to be concise in your interview stories, and be prepared to do a marketing case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to convince management on a specific decision.   Answer Question

Logistics Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Went to career fair. Received phone call for first round on campus interview. Was invited to second round at HQ in Minneapolis. Flown out, had breakfast in the morning with a previous intern now full time hire about their experiences. Then 3 1 on 1 interviews then lunch. Will here back in a few weeks!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you noticed a mistake before anyone else caught it   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. There were 3 interviews total, and they were all behavioral based interviews. The first and second round interviews were Skype interviews. The final round interviews took place at the General Mills headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The final round interview trip included a small networking event the night before interviews and a tour of the General Mills campus. The next day there were 3 thirty minute interviews that concluded the interview process.

The overall experience was great! Everyone was very friendly and accommodating throughout the entire interview process. Many individuals were very supportive throughout the process as well. This is a great company to work for! The company culture is awesome, and this is a company I could work for in the future!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to meet a deadline, but missed it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.