General Mills Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at General Mills

3.2

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Standard behavioral questions. First phone interview with hiring manager and then invited in for more interviews. Before going to the in person interview, you have to take a personality test which was easy but took some time. Additionally, there is a reasoning test that was very hard, you only get 22 minutes to answer 20 questions.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online, the recruiter reached out in 2-3 days and scheduled a phone call pretty quickly. The recruiter sent me a coding assessment which was easy. The next round was a technical phone screen with a Senior Data Scientist followed by a half-day on-site interview. Before the onsite interview, I had to also complete Hogan Personality Inventory, Hogan Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory, The Hogan Development Survey and a Deductive Reasoning Assessment.
    Interviewed with 4 interviewers from the Data Science team in 3 rounds (2-1-1) and had lunch with one where I had the chance to learn more about the company. My recruiting coordinator had told me it would only be a behavioral interview and there wouldn't be any case studies, but there was a technical case study where I was presented with a Jupyter notebook of someone's analysis on a common dataset to provide feedback as well as discuss what insights I can gain. During this, they asked me questions like what is Standardization & Normalization, etc.
    Another interviewer also spent quite some time discussing how to implement a recommendation system for Betty Crocker's website amongst other technical and behavioral questions. So the interviews aren't purely Behavioral of the type "Tell me about a time.....", they are a balanced mix of technical and behavioral. There isn't any whiteboard coding involved.

Overall I had a fantastic experience with the recruiters and the interviewers as well. Still waiting to hear back from them about my results. The process moved fast, I was on-site within 3 weeks of applying.

Interview Questions

• Codility assignment with two SQL queries and one Python challenge where you had to implement a mathematical formula solely using Numpy. Personality and Deductive reasoning assessment. The technical phone screen was related to past work. Technical case study onsite.   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

Interview

1. Recruiter Phone Screen - 30 mins
    2. Codility test, 3 questions @ 30 mins each (C#/JS/SQL)
    3. Technical Phone Screen - 30 mins (w/ Architect)
    4. On-site (was moved to virtual due to Covid-19) (~3 hrs)

Interview Questions

• Given an API built in C#/.NET, manipulate some requests to do basic arithmetic , implement for functionality, and write unit tests.

Deep dive into technical background

Behavioral questions (times when there was a conflict, how to handle criticism, how to handle conflict w/ a coworker)   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Mills (Golden Valley, MN (US)).

Interview

The interview process started with a lot of back and forth with the recruiter. Recruiter was hardly reachable over email and would disappear for a week or so. This happened 3 times until he was able to hop on a quick call. The overall hiring process was not laid out and no information about the role was provided. Finally codility assessment test link was sent where I had to answer 2 coding challenges. After codility, a telephonic round followed by an onsite interview meeting a total of 5 people (4 hours including lunch). Onsite was mostly technical which included system design, DS case study walk through etc. One of the interviewers came across arrogant and uninterested right from the start as if someone forced them to conduct the interview. I wanted to walk out of the interview when I heard one of them sigh multiple times while I presented. After the onsite round, I never heard back from the recruiter; which I had expected. The whole hiring process of GMI left a very bad taste.

Interview Questions

• Codility assessment tests you on some popular Python libraries and SQL.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Plymouth, MN (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The process started with a 30 min phone interview, followed by online logic and personality assessments, and concluded with an onsite tour and coffee with a current team member and 3 - 45 min sessions with different individuals from the team. One of the interviewers was off-site and did her portion via Skype. They had a IT person on hand to set up the call and hang out nearby in case of technical difficulties. Overall, this was a very pleasant, approachable interview process designed to get to know me and see if I would fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• Questions covered both situational and technical aspects of the job and were aimed at understanding my approach to soft skills, problem-solving, and applying my past knowledge to labeling food products   1 Answer

Customer Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Charlotte, NC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

It took about 5 weeks from submitting Resume on line to interviews. First call was a Phone screening with HR. A week later had a 30 min call with Regional Manager. Then a two week time period before interviews. Had to complete 3 personality assessments and an online logic test. Finally Three interviews in one day. One with Regional and Zone Mangers. Role play interview, and a Skype Interview with HR. Overall a great experience. GM give all the websites to rereview and research.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen. A week later I was required to take a series of personality assessments. After that I went onsite for an interview which involved at series of behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to move forward without knowing all of the information.   Answer Question

Logistics Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belvidere, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Mills (Belvidere, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

1st step was a phone interview. It was very pleasant and very structured. Start with sharing a bit about highlights of your work history, then more situational type questions and responses. The 30 minute interview lasted 45 minutes, which turned out to be a good thing! A few days later was invited for onsite interview. Very structured on situations, actions and results. Also had a few assessment test to take prior. Overall experience was very friendly, professional, structured and welcoming. Overall a very good experience! At the bottom I clicked no offer by mistake. The system wouldn't let me undo it. I just had my on-site interview. Still waiting for response of final decision.

Interview Questions

• Explain something that didn't go as planned and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Online personality questions and reasoning took two hours. Really hated it. Like it matters at all. Some incapable HR's idea about filtering people out. So you better be the good buddy of them or good at psychology to know what they are looking for. Onsite interview uses old fashioned behavioral questions. Makes you uncomfortable. They think they are slick by doing that. Well that only turns off real talents in my opinion. Their target is to exclude people and geared towards people who are good at stereotypical textbook interview questions and prepared for them and who can come up with stories and even lie because if you say you get outstanding results for a story you come up with, you get interview scores. Not based on who you are and what you can actually do. Some interviewers have the attitude that we are too good for you. Also they cram several people to be interviewed at the same time frame. Like Other interviewees waiting at the same area. It's weird. And I felt they had chosen the people maybe internally who they wanted to hire but just have people from outside wasting time going thru the process because they had to have such a process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a decisive decision for a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Shopper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at General Mills.

Interview

Overall very positive experience. One phone interview with hiring manager, two weeks later an in person interview on site at remote office with HR, manager, and person on team where position is open. Followed with an online deductive reasoning test.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.