Gilead Sciences Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 369 of over 369 interviews

Employee Referral14%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) in Jul 2021

Interview

I was recruited for the role by an employment agency. After being shortlisted, the interview was scheduled two weeks in advance. I interviewed with the direct manager and the interview was very positive. I was offered position the following day.

Interview Questions
  • A few behavioral questions and technical skills questions.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Gilead Sciences

Application

I interviewed at Gilead Sciences

Interview

2 rounds of interview, first with the hiring manager for half an hour Second with the biometric team, 6 people for 3 hours and fold up with the hiring manager I follow up with the hiring manager about the interview result, and be told by the HR that they don't want to give me offer because they think my working experience in pharmaceutical industry is not strong.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gilead Sciences

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Gilead Sciences

Interview

Very straight forward, most contractors usually already know the hiring manager so there are not alot of hoops to jump through. Often times the interview process for a contractor is just a formality. FTE are exposed to alot more interview steps.

Interview Questions
  • When can you start. (full disclosure i already know the hiring manager so the interview was a formality)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

I'd applied for this role in late 2021 and after a few months a recruiter contacted me about the role. After a few chats with her, I then interviewed with the hiring manager. Feedback was he liked me and they proceeded to schedule five more interviews with me over a two-week period. Everyone was quite nice in the interviews, and the time spent seemed like a nice chat rather than just being interviewed. Despite getting positive feedback, after no news I was told I was not chosen for the role due to someone having more "institutional knowledge." Probing a bit, it seems they went with an internal candidate who already works at Gilead, despite telling me earlier on the hiring manager thought I would be a great choice. Ideally, it would seem if you already know you have an internal candidate or two who wants a role, let them have it rather than wasting time with outside candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gilead Sciences

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences

Interview

Very intense 4 hour interview with senior directors who are very friendly and cordials. The team call you for a coffee chat before the interview to get to know you and to clarify any questions

Interview Questions
  • Q. What was your hardest project to implement and how did you go about it?

Gilead Sciences

Application

I interviewed at Gilead Sciences

Interview

The interview went smoothly and the interviewer was welcoming and approachable. The interviewer shared their experience at the company and was open to questions when I asked. Also, it was reassuring when the interviewer shared how their experiences were like previously and how it is now.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gilead Sciences

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences

Interview

Recruiter phone screen - typical of big corporate companies. Contractor asking scripted questions with no big idea of what the company is about or the role. Super awkward experience. No upfront conversations about comp or level setting. HM screen - ok experience. Explained the role and expectations. The work seemed super dry and the HM came from consulting so had a certain intensity that was a bit cringe. Offered a vague take home case study and had unrealistic expectations on output and time spent on task. Your experience will likely vary depending on HM. The company is huge and the work will reflect that (low impact, very niche roles).

Interview Questions
  • Signed NDA, all typical interview questions with a take home case study/presentation.

Gilead Sciences

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences

Interview

My second time around interviewing and same experience. 3/4 rounds of interviews, mostly behavioural questions/value based, however what’s really disappointing is that zero feedback or communication both times following the process despite being a final candidate (was never even told I didn’t get the role, found out on LinkedIn). Despite being a large company, the candidate experience feels amateur/disorganized and the lack of communication or feedback is just rude.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioural/value based; example can you tell me about a time when…., Standard resume walk-through, questions about leadership style
1 person found this interview helpful

Gilead Sciences

Application

I interviewed at Gilead Sciences

Interview

The overall process was very brief (<1 month) and the recruiter was helpful during all stages of the process. The interview questions were mostly behavioral, focused on STAR method questions and resume/experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Raleigh, NC) in Nov 2021

Interview

Three interviews, 30-60 mins each, progressively higher ranking staff. Large relocation of functions to NC and I got different answers from each person on why this was happening and why no one was relocating from HQ. Sketched me out and it probably showed. Next 2-3 years will be tough for them with staff rolling off in next few months and not having enough folks to be on the receiving end of some knowledge transfer.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you want to be in 3-5 years.
1 person found this interview helpful

Gilead Sciences

Application

I interviewed at Gilead Sciences

Interview

Very easy, was told they wanted to interview Wednesday and provided some availability for the next few days. I had 3 half hour interviews scheduled for Thursday and Friday. I received the offer Monday morning.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself; describe a time you had a conflict with a colleague, etc.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 369 Interviews