GlobalData Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 10 May 2019

2.7

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Interview

First round was a screening call with HR which included basic behavioral questions and what you are looking for in a job/company. Second round was basic behavioral questions with team members and managers.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and got notified for the info session/interview after about two or three weeks. They will hold an info session and basically followed with the typical interview process. There will be several analysts to talk with you during the interview but all of them are friendly so you won't feel very stressed for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Basic discussion about background and some general questions. More like a talk.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalData (New York, NY (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I accept an email from a lady. The next day I got an phone interview. She is very nice and did not ask hard questions. She just asked me when will I graduate and if I will be bored by repeated data searching all day long. I said I will not and I got the Intern

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlobalData (New York, NY (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was a pretty extensive interview process. I had three interviews with Director and VP with a presentation in the final interview. You're expected to have a high-level of industry knowledge and be highly self-motivated.

Interview Questions

• Not so much general Q&A, more testing of industry knowledge and sales acumen.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalData in March 2018.

Interview

Initially a face to face with a manager (who didn't show) so another manager took it. Was fairly run of the mill and rather 'basic'.

It then too 2.5 weeks for my absolute penguin of a recruiter to get me a final interview which was done over the phone instead of face to face??? Very unprofessional and unusual.

The offer came back and basically was paltry, the basic and package were laughable in respects to my experience and the additional 'perks' were virtually non-existent.

In addition to the joke of a base salary, I was offered 19. YES NINETEEN DAYS annual leave, (I think that's illegal in the UK) and there was no healthcare package or pension package offered. My recruiter tried to get me to accept this whack package and I flatly refused it. Plus having seen the Glassdoor reviews panning many aspects of the GlobalData PLC business, I am actually glad I dodged a bullet here.

Avoid GlobalData like the plague, rather you go for a business like GfK or Mintel who have a better reputation in the BI Market Data space.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great sales person?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlobalData (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

The process was easy. Did a phone screening and then went for an in person interview. It was a very laid back 45 minute interview. Their philosophy is to get a feel for a person and then give the person a chance at the job (if they think the person would be a good fit). At the end of the day, they understand that they really won't know how well a person will do until they get into the job and start trying.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about your past sales experiences? We will then tell you how this experience is different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some negotiation involved, via email. You can definitely negotiate for the high end of the salary range they give you, but it will be tough to get more than what they say is the high end base salary.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlobalData (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was perfunctory at best. They didn't seem to listen to the answers I provided to their questions and didn't ask follow ups. The interviewer seemed demoralized and not entirely happy about his own position with the company.

Interview Questions

• How will you motivate your team?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GlobalData (New York, NY (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Complete joke. It is a three step process. Phone interview, face to face interview with managemetn and VP. They aren't honest

Negotiation

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GlobalData (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a company recruiter based in London. Scheduled an interview a week after. The manager was nice and professional but the other person (tech person) was a little pushy and seemed not interested. Anyway, both of them were friendly. A week after, I got a rejection email from the same recruiter. I was not surprised and not upset about it because I knew I wouldn't fit and don't have all the expected skill sets.

Interview Questions

• Advanced computer project;
      SQL questions: having group by and where
      ....   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalData (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was asked to talk on the phone for 15 minutes or so. All behavioral questions.
    At the end HR asked to ask her whatever that I want to know. She could not really answer me some of the questions that I asked...
    Then she told me how things are going to go after the phone interview.
    one more phone interview with manager, writing assessment, and in-person....
    I did go upto writing assessment... I did not like the place that I have to work so I did tell them I would not want the job...

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.