Gojek Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Gojek Interview Questions

Interviews at Gojek

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gojek in May 2017.

Interview

They send you a parking lot problem and ask you to submit a solution within 48 hrs of receiving it. So did I, over the weekend diligently. Absolutely adhered to every single point they mentioned in the question, no violations in my solution.

Never heard from them, checked after a week, got a response that they are still evaluating. After two weeks, still evaluating! After 3 weeks, I didn't care anymore.

I wasted my half of Saturday and half of Sunday for doing that. They didn't even have respect for me. Later I learned from the job consultant that my salary was high and they didn't want to go ahead. That's a horrible way to waste my time and disrespect me.

You dare waste your time after reading this?

Interview Questions

• A so-called parking lot problem which is available on the Internet. Google and check it yourself.   1 Answer

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gojek.

Interview

Really one of the worst interview experiences.

I spent close to 10 days to complete the assignment. Initially they will say you have 2 days to complete the assignment(though the time can be extended). But saying 2 days for that large assignment made me nervous about the culture of the company.

And on top of that, they will say we will get back in 7-10 days. What kind of attitude is that that you can take your liberty of time on someone's hard work towards the assignment and on top of that you say if you could finish it within 2 days that would be great.

Whether you are intending or not, Interview process is the only way people can understand your culture.
    If the process is bad, best people in industry wont think about joining your company as they can easily get other offers.

And the interview question for backend engineers(car parking lot) has not evolved over the years. Thats another sign for me that they dont want to improve things. And moreover I believe they try to mimic the Thoughtworks interview process as many of the guys from the leadership team have come from Thoughtworks. So I see less opportunity for being multi-cultural.

And finally, the feed back I got was not so satisfying.
    And one good example is, it was mentioned that I didn't have validation on certain input fields like email, But the poor reviewer didn't know that their backend service has the validation which any client simple see in the response and render the error on the UI. The poor guy didn't try entering invalid data I guess. He just saw the code and came to conclusion if I am not wrong.
    Couple of others like, readme was missing in the git. It may be my fault but given the size of the project I couldn't think of that.

Interview Questions

• Asked to submit an app which is very large in size.   1 Answer

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gojek (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional time scheduling and reply. Waste of time for doing assignment (3days) and 2 hour on-site interview end up 30mint finish and said that my time conflict with another candidate ask me to wait for another email. Feel very disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gojek (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Initial Round was a backend task. You are asked to design a parking lot. You have 2 days to finished. I finished it with all the points that they mentioned. Passed their automated test cases which was attached along with it. The review processes took a long time and I had to keep on asking the HR for an update. Finally I received a mail saying I'm rejected with no proper feedback. I mailed them asking for a feedback. They haven't replied to it yet.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gojek (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Apply online and get a phone interview just a couple days after that. The interview quite relaxed and enjoyable. After 1st interview candidate need to work on case study within 2 hours real time before proceed to the next interview. The feedback should be given to candidate 1 weeks after that but I hear nothing for 3 weeks.

Corporate Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gojek.

Interview

The first two interview I went through was serious, respectful, appropriate and enjoyable although the case given in the interview was nowhere near the definition of easy. However, the third interview gave a whole different experience and vibes.

Interview Questions

• Provide analysis and the exact number of revenue, expenses, and P/L for opening a pharmacy in a mall or neighborhood at one of the big city in Indonesia   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gojek (Bengaluru) in June 2019.

Interview

Parking lot assignment.
    Face to face interview

Message to go jek-
    Focus on getting young talent who is good with logical and algorithmic thinking. There is a reason why Google and Amazon focus on that. Or else the innovation factor will be zero throughout the company.
    Coding practices and design can always be picked up by a skilled engineer in short period of time

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gojek.

Interview

1. Take home test, given problem and create coding implementation to solve that at most in 1 week
    2. Technical interview pair programming, can be any problem solving question depends on interviewer
    3. Technical interview based on work experience (1-2 times)

Interview Questions

• Problem solving coding test for pair programming, how you resolve production issue in your experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gojek (Bengaluru) in April 2017.

Interview

Was asked to design a parking lot using OOPS and if possible using TDD. The solution had to be submitted over email. After more than a week of submitting the solution got a feedback that the code did not meet the criteria. I can reapply after 6 months.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gojek (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round with HR through google hangout to brief about the hiring process and get to know each other. Then given parking lot take home test, proceed to another interview with Singapore Team. 2 Weeks later got an email saying I am not selected with valuable feedback on my code and room for improvement. Very good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between functional programming and OOP   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.