Gojek Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Gojek Interview Questions

Interviews at Gojek

2.9

Full Stack Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gojek.

Interview

Get a coding test. It should be completed within 2 days. Nothing special.

Pair programming. Reviewing your code from before. Nothing special. The interviewer is different from the one I got informed by email. A bit chaotic. They put 2 separate interview sessions in one calendar invitation for 2 hours duration. Then it will only have 1 zoom meeting link. A bit weird for me. But nvm.

Technical interview 1 with 2 persons. About your experience, achievement, they give you a problem, you answer it. Not impressed with the interviewer. 1 person come late almost 30 minutes. After finish the conversation I roughly understand what kind of people I'll work wiith. Some bad feedback in the review section seems accurate.

Technical interview II. I skip it.

Got long feedback email. If your dream is to join this company, read it to your heart. If not, I just delete it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gojek (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Initial Round was a backend task. You are asked to design a parking lot. You have 2 days to finished. I finished it with all the points that they mentioned. Passed their automated test cases which was attached along with it. The review processes took a long time and I had to keep on asking the HR for an update. Finally I received a mail saying I'm rejected with no proper feedback. I mailed them asking for a feedback. They haven't replied to it yet.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gojek (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Apply online and get a phone interview just a couple days after that. The interview quite relaxed and enjoyable. After 1st interview candidate need to work on case study within 2 hours real time before proceed to the next interview. The feedback should be given to candidate 1 weeks after that but I hear nothing for 3 weeks.

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gojek.

Interview

Really one of the worst interview experiences.

I spent close to 10 days to complete the assignment. Initially they will say you have 2 days to complete the assignment(though the time can be extended). But saying 2 days for that large assignment made me nervous about the culture of the company.

And on top of that, they will say we will get back in 7-10 days. What kind of attitude is that that you can take your liberty of time on someone's hard work towards the assignment and on top of that you say if you could finish it within 2 days that would be great.

Whether you are intending or not, Interview process is the only way people can understand your culture.
    If the process is bad, best people in industry wont think about joining your company as they can easily get other offers.

And the interview question for backend engineers(car parking lot) has not evolved over the years. Thats another sign for me that they dont want to improve things. And moreover I believe they try to mimic the Thoughtworks interview process as many of the guys from the leadership team have come from Thoughtworks. So I see less opportunity for being multi-cultural.

And finally, the feed back I got was not so satisfying.
    And one good example is, it was mentioned that I didn't have validation on certain input fields like email, But the poor reviewer didn't know that their backend service has the validation which any client simple see in the response and render the error on the UI. The poor guy didn't try entering invalid data I guess. He just saw the code and came to conclusion if I am not wrong.
    Couple of others like, readme was missing in the git. It may be my fault but given the size of the project I couldn't think of that.

Interview Questions

• Asked to submit an app which is very large in size.   1 Answer

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gojek (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Unprofessional time scheduling and reply. Waste of time for doing assignment (3days) and 2 hour on-site interview end up 30mint finish and said that my time conflict with another candidate ask me to wait for another email. Feel very disappointed.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gojek in May 2017.

Interview

They send you a parking lot problem and ask you to submit a solution within 48 hrs of receiving it. So did I, over the weekend diligently. Absolutely adhered to every single point they mentioned in the question, no violations in my solution.

Never heard from them, checked after a week, got a response that they are still evaluating. After two weeks, still evaluating! After 3 weeks, I didn't care anymore.

I wasted my half of Saturday and half of Sunday for doing that. They didn't even have respect for me. Later I learned from the job consultant that my salary was high and they didn't want to go ahead. That's a horrible way to waste my time and disrespect me.

You dare waste your time after reading this?

Interview Questions

• A so-called parking lot problem which is available on the Internet. Google and check it yourself.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gojek (Bengaluru).

Interview

Interviewed in Bangalore. Take home coding assignment, followed by video call review with engineer. Standard onsite process, 1 pair programming, 2 system design rounds. The interviewers expectation during system design isn't very clear compared to system design interviews in FAANG companies. Every interviewer has their own structure in which they drive the interviews.

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

The hiring process (interview/test) is great, I like it!
    But I think they need to improve consistency to schedule the activities involved in the recruitment process (such as announcements about candidates selected for the next step), though not all, I find inconsistency in time makes me feel like, "Did I fail already? Why haven't I received the email yet? 😅 ".

Interview Questions

• Data structure: Implement my own HashMap (assume there's no HashMap in Java yet).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a 45 minutes long pair-programming interview where I worked on the code base that I submitted for the programming assignment. Then some questions about my previous projects were asked.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gojek (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Process is pretty much what everyone is saying and it is same for all candidates.

1. Take home assignment for weekend - design parking lot - test case oops
    2. On site round1 extend the original code to multiple parking lot - test cases oops
    3. Next round design ticket booking system
    4. Next round design photo sharing app
    5. Manager

All candidates are being asked these same question, prepare well, although this also raises big questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.