Grant Thornton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Grant Thornton

1,006 Interview Reviews

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

The interviewer is pretty friendly. goes well. He didn't ask many technical questions and only focus on the behavior questions. didn't give me a hard time. but because i have better offer, i declined at the end od day

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Applied online and through campus career website, heard back a couple of weeks later. Interviewed virtually with two different people, one manager and one partner. Overall, a pretty good experience, most of the questions were pretty basic and were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to lead a team and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Typical interview process, recruiter screening phone call, then video interviews. I have interviewed for many companies, from Nike to BCG and this is by far the worst phone screening I have ever experienced. The interviewer was distracted the entire time, lost her train of thought for full minutes and then entirely forgot what she was saying many times so I had to step in to help. They also did not listen to my answers when I listed them clearly and then apologized for not listening. It was genuinely so bad I thought I was being Punked and checked the number to see if it was anyone I knew pranking me. I was not surprised I did not move on in the process. Normally, the better the company the better the recruiters. Some companies have AMAZING recruiters and that can make or break a first introduction to the company. This broke it. I am still shocked it was so bad but it's now a nice story to tell. I hope that person is ok and it was just a really bad day for them. I also hope everyone else has a better experience

Interview Questions

• Why Grant Thornton? What is something people think about you that might not be true and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Applied through school career sight and was interviewed on campus. Had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews where one was with a Partner and the other manager. It was mostly conversational with both the manager and partner but the manager did ask me two-three behavioral questions but the partner did not ask me any questions so I asked him a bunch of questions

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Is is great and fast . There are 2 round of interviews , one is tell, one is partner and manager. The whole process is fast and efficient. I love it .

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

After a Senior Associate introduced me to a recruiter for the public sector office, I was included with the campus hiring process. Due to COVID-19, all my interviews were remote/virtual. The first conversation was with the recruiter and she was exceptionally invested into finding the appropriate talent and personality to fit the position. 2 days after my first phone call, I was schedule to have 2 30 minutes skype interviews: one with a senior manager and another with a director. The first interview was very situationally/behavioral based and any other questions were asked about lines on my resume. The second interview was more of a conversation about the culture of Grant Thornton. After each conversation, I was confident that Grant Thornton places a high value on their people, thus being a great fit for me.

I believe this interview was very easy because the all of my conversations were a natural fit. No case studies or any testing either.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The process was very smooth and easy from the start. Their recruiter was very easy to get a hold of, as opposed to other firms. They seemed to want me to make the most informed decision possible, regardless of my decision.

Internship Interview

Interview

I did the first round of an interview with Grant Thornton. The first round interview was extremely laid back and honestly a 30 minute conversation. Whenever there was a lull in the conversation the interviewer would mention a line in my resume.

Global Mobility Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter at GT and interviewed for this role in 2019 and after a dozen (yes 12) interviews I received a verbal offer with the promise to start in a few weeks after the end of the fiscal year. The formal offer letter and start date were delayed, delayed more and then 3 months later I got a call that they were just waiting on a final green light from leadership... a couple days later I received an automated notice that I did not get the job. Turns out the position was eliminated and I was the last to know, by automated email. They rave about the people and culture but my experience was not positive as the process dragged out for almost 6 full months while they consistently questioned my intentions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions about how I have handled specific situations as well as an odd obsession about my intentions for interviewing and whether I plan to stay in the role long term.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grant Thornton (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

There were basic behavioral questions and the typical tell me about your self. Overall it was very conversational. Nothing to difficult. They got back to me quickly after the interview and were really nice. The whole process was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.