Cover image for Groupon

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Groupon Interview Questions

Updated 20 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,163 of over 1.2T interviews

Recruiter13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Groupon

Application

I interviewed at Groupon

Interview

straightforward, easy. Asked me pretty standard questions and the recruiting process itself took about 3 weeks. Talked to 4 PMs and the recruiter was consistently in touch and very reachable.

Interview Questions
  • What's your favorite product and why?
    Answer Question

Groupon

Application

I interviewed at Groupon

Interview

One zoom interview with a few technical questions. Nothing special really. Also had a take home assignment to try to find issues in SQL statement that I had to go through and explain.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Groupon

Join the conversation on

Tech India

184.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Groupon~301291
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Groupon? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Groupon employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL)

Interview

5 virtual interviews in total all via zoom (duration: 2 weeks or so) 1. HR interview 2. hiring manager interview 3. Three separate interviews with 2 controllers and a sr mgr

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Groupon

Application

I interviewed at Groupon

Interview

The interview process end up being what I was hoping for. I was able to share, be challenged, and become more familiar with the team and their design ideals and process.

Interview Questions
  • What research methods do you use to gain consumer insight before designing new products?

Groupon

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon in Nov 2022

Interview

1er entretien RH de présentation. Entretien assez basique mais clair et sympathique 2ème entretien avec potentiel N+1, questions liées davantage au poste. Entretien commence 10min en retard car il était au téléphone, semblait occupé à faire d'autres choses durant une partie de l'entretien, s'excusait de devoir répondre à d'autres choses importantes, etc. Incohérences entre infos données par RH et par lui Il m'indique être intéressé par mon profil et que j'allais avoir un 3ème entretien avec N+2 mais je n'ai jamais été recontacté par quelqu'un de l'entreprise. Ghosté après avoir pris le temps de faire 2 entretiens avec eux. Puis reçu 1 mois plus tard un questionnaire d'enquête expérience candidats.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Groupon (Bangalore) in Nov 2022

Interview

Interview Process in Groupon step 1) HR - General questions about me step 2) team 1 - technical interview with team manager step 3) team 2 - technical interview step 4) VP

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chennai) in Oct 2022

Interview

First round is a Problem solving round and second is the Hiring manager round. Interviewers are very friendly but one should thread with them very carefully. Do not overshare your personal experiences. I have cleared first round but failed in Hiring manager round as I overshared and it was used against me

Interview Questions
  • Find the distance between two median with respect to the origin.

Groupon

Application

I interviewed at Groupon

Interview

It was pretty easy. There was a call with a recruiter that included some simple questions and felt more like conversations and then an in person interview with the manager(s) in the Groupon Chicago office.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Groupon

Application

I interviewed at Groupon

Interview

Fairly straightforward. I had multiple interviews. An initial interview over the phone, followed by a virtual interview. I had to send in examples of my work as well as a portfolio showcasing my work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2022

Interview

I went through 4 rounds of interviews with Groupon only to be rejected after the 4th round. HUGE waste of my time and effort. The team I met with made me feel so sure I was going to get the job offer, so the rejection completely caught me off guard. First of all, it took a week for me to hear back after the 4th interview and I even had to follow up with the recruiter myself only to get no immediate response. They were not clear about the timeline of the interview process after the 4th interview so I was left waiting with no idea if there would be a fifth interview or a job offer after it. The critiques from the recruiter were that my energy and enthusiasm came off as "overconfidence" and that I did not stop to listen to what the interviewers had to say. I completely disagree with this critique because the structure of the interview was meant for me to be the one talking the most... The interviewers would ask me a question and I would answer it, and they didn't make any effort to make it feel conversational at all. Not only that, but the fact that they dragged me along through 4 rounds of interviews only to reject me in the end for that reason is absurd. They should've rejected me after the first interview if that was really the case. I think it's also worth noting that I'm a female POC. I have no idea whether this was a conscious or subconscious factor in their decision to reject me, but everyone I talked to on the team was Caucasian. Whether this was the case or not, I can't help but feel this way as there really didn't seem to be a valid reason why I didn't get the offer. Overall, I am very dissatisfied with my interview experience at Groupon and would not apply here again nor recommend anyone to apply here either. Please do not waste your time .

Interview Questions
  • What are some of your favorite excel functions? (this was supposed to be the "fun" question)
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,163 Interviews

Groupon Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Groupon as 55.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.72 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for SDE-II and Engineering Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and SDE-III roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Groupon takes an average of 12 days when considering 89 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Engineering Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 14 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Groupon according to 89 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 28.48%