Groupon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1,056 Interview Reviews

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Groupon in September 2019.

Interview

Versant test> Group discussion> personal interview. Once completed we proceeded with managerial meeting after that salary package was discussed and the offer letter was issued. And as a final move, we were trained for 1 month and then inducted into the company.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

I interviewed for the Pricing and Promotions team. It was a pretty quick turn around and my recruiter was knowledge and helpful throughout the process.
    First Round: Recruiter screen. Asked questions about my resume and my interest in Groupon
    Second Round: 1 on 1 with a PM from a different team. I thought it went well but they wanted someone with more pricing experience
    Third Round: Had I made it here, it would have been 4 interviews with Hiring Manager and different members of the product team

Interview Questions

• Behavioral/Situational and resume-based questions.
      Favorite product.
      Improve Glassdoor.
      Why Groupon.
      Why Pricing and Promotions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

It was a 2 week process for me.
    Stage 1 - Recruiter phone call - 30-45 mins. It was very engaging and positive.
    Stage 2 - First technical round - Its on the difficult side technically. The questions were very practical starting from the DNS - Load Balancer - Stacks to the http pages and the internal functioning and redirections if any. Also, there were some serious coding questions.
    Stage 3 - 4 Xoom Interviews . 2 were technical, 1 was manual and 1 was behavioral. The 2 technical interviews were quite tough in my opinion, but the interviewers were kind enough to throw hints and explanations as and when needed. The questions were highly focused on the data structure part and even the coding questions were more emphasized towards efficiency. In total I got 5 coding problems. I was able to solve 4 of them. But they are really looking for more efficient programs and were looking for the best solution. Even the questions were towards the depth of knowledge of Java, not the basic ones.

I feel it was a bit over done requirement for a QA role, (I have created multiple frameworks in my career, and I felt that they were looking for a developer rather than a QA). But undoubtedly, it was a great learning experience throughout. and the interviewers were awesome in their respective skillsets.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find smallest number that can be created from the array [1,2,3,4,5], if we take out 3 digits from it.
      2. Binary search related question.
       - Palindrome
      3. Implementation of data structure, in which situation what data structure to be used, and why.
      4. Create test cases from a given application.
      5. General experience.
      6. Conflict management   Answer Question

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Experienced interviewers. Started with trivial questions about Javascript and React. Then 2 medium algos and demo components writing in React. That was the first stage of the interview. Some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between useMemo and useRef, and useState and useReducer hooks?   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Interview

It was a round robin style interview with five or six people. They asked both behavioral and case interview questions. There was also an an na office tour so you can get a sense of the culture. Seemed like a collaborative environment

Interview Questions

• The question was why do you want to work for groupon   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later from a recruiter. Went over skills and work history. Scheduled an Interview for the following week. Interview was relaxed and about an hour long.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Recruiters totally disrespect your time. The recruiter blew off my phone interview 3 times in a row. I rescheduled as many times as I could but I feel like I didn't even get a chance to talk about my experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

First a phone screen with the hiring manager and then a 1 hour technical screen over zoom with coderpad. Since the position was for a react front end engineer, I expected to have a “build something in react” with some api type interview. Instead, it was a classic algorithm question from leetcode. I struggled with the algorithm and I did not solve it. The engineer interviewing me showed me it was an “easy” question on leetcode and said I should practice more. I thought since I was struggling, we may have been able to pair and solve it together but that was not the case.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Very professional and standard. One phone interview and an in-person interview with two different managers. I thought it went very well but they did not move forward. Pretty much all the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you accomplished something that other people in your role weren't able to.   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Connected by a recruiter. HR screening phone interview then a Coderpad interview. Does not test Android knowledge only random data structures question. Feel like a project based interview would be much more intuitive and efficient.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Groupon (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Campus recruiter at career fair signed me up for an interview and the next day I had an interview. The interview lasted 15 minutes and he asked me mostly about why I would like to do sales and how I would handle rejection.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.