43% would recommend to a friend
(3848 total reviews)
34% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and very international" (in 373 reviews)
- "Great Culture and as long as you perform well you can pretty much be your own boss and do anything you want." (in 230 reviews)
- "Work / Life balance is good" (in 164 reviews)
- "Good benefit offering even for the sharp" (in 104 reviews)
- "Good work environment to work in" (in 84 reviews)
- "Bad management very lazy is their approach" (in 254 reviews)
- "Pay is low unless you're one of the chosen high ups and politics has everything to do with being chosen." (in 112 reviews)
- "Inexperienced managers leading teams." (in 104 reviews)
- "Senior Leadership and Technology is poor" (in 77 reviews)
- "Salary is LOW so if you have poor lead quality then you're sunk in the income department." (in 72 reviews)
Found 3,848 of over 4T reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.030 May 2023Team LeaderCurrent Employee
Groupon is a great place to learn, live and grow.
Company could have fixed shift and off for agents instead of rotational shift and off.
- 2.027 Aug 2023Senior Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBengaluru
- Flexible Allowance is a big pro, can help save tax
- Micro or Nano level management - Little to no focus on actual work, all the times have to update jira, with deadlines, due dates, story points, why skipped the due date. - They will decide the due date themselves. - Have to work 8-10 hours on weekends. - No appraisals or bonuses.8
- 1.026 Oct 2023SDE-2Current EmployeeBengaluru
Remote work is applicable if you talk to manager
-Bad mangement after the covid company restructing2
- 4.04 Oct 2023Software Development Engineer (SDE III)Current Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Good to work, Lot to learn.
Sometimes tough. It depends up on your team and your direct manager.
- 5.028 Sept 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChennai
No pressure, Working in a peaceful environment and Salary & Incentive Packages
Nothing, Everything seems to be good except Night Shift
- 2.014 Mar 2023Content WriterFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsChennai
1. There is almost no politics in this company, the appraisal and feedback system is very transparent. 2. Your reporting managers will be very friendly 3. Cab facilities are free for all. there will be only one or two ppl in each cab, no going round and round on our way. 4. You will go for team outings once in a quarter ( mostly restaurants or theme park) 5. there will be free food walk on Pongal / Diwali as celebration. 6. unlimited free coffee, tea, boost and soft drinks ( quality not so great) 7. You get leaves very easily, always on first come basis if your first to apply you will get easily. 8. You will have very strong work life balance. you will not even work 5 min after your sfifts 9. there is no dress code in that company, employee can dress as per their wish
1. Food in the pantry is horrible ( paid) 2. Groupon is a loss-making company for long time, The job security is very bad very often layoffs happen 3 They recruit and if the workflow is less, you will just called for a casual meeting and just be fired from the back door, no saying good bye to anyone you cannot resist or else terminate
Groupon Reviews FAQs
Groupon has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 4,430 reviews left anonymously by employees. 43% of employees would recommend working at Groupon to a friend and 28% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.
43% of Groupon employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Groupon 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.