Home Credit International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Home Credit International

2.8

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Credit International (Overland Park, KS (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter out of Atlanta about the Social Media Marketing job in Overland Park, KS. Had a phone interview with him. He forwarded my information to the local HR person. She contacted me for a short phone interview. Then the hiring manager contacted me for another short interview. After that, the HR person contacted me via email and set up a time to come in for an in-person interview. They are located on the Sprint Campus in Overland Park. At the in-person interview, I interviewed with three different people in succession.

The first person was the Head - and he was very hard to read (and a bit hard to understand) during the interview. He didn't know much about social media. (Afterall, he's hiring someone to do it for him, so that makes sense.) The second interview was with my would-be direct boss who I had previously interviewed over the phone. I felt we had a great phone conversation, but after meeting in person her demeanor changed. Her body language was horrendous during the interview: Arms crossed, slummed in the chair. It was dreadful. She asked why I only had my work experience from the last 10 years on my resume, when she knows I had a "much longer work history." She also mentioned that my advanced degree was "more than the job required." My third interview was with a potential co-worker who would be my teammate. She was very smart and fun - and very experienced. I felt we got along really well.

While I wasn't interested in the position once I learned how the company delivers its service, I felt it was important to follow through on the interview process in a professional way. I sent thank you notes to each person who interviewed me, including the local HR person. I received no acknowledgement from anyone on the local team after my interview. I contacted the original recruiter out of Atlanta by leaving a message on his voicemail. The next day I received a canned email saying they've chosen to move on with other candidates. The position was listed on Indeed again within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use to manage social media?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work 24/7 monitoring and responding to social media channels?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Credit International in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a person from HR a day after applying on Indeed. I had a phone interview set up and the woman that I spoke with was very rude and made me feel uncomfortable. I received multiple degrees at the same time and she said I should rethink putting all of my degrees on my resume because it was "confusing". She would ask very broad questions that required a long response and kept telling me to STOP in the middle of my answer, as if I was annoying her. I understand that she was trying to write down what I was saying but I obviously wasn't face to face with her so I wasn't able to tell when she was done writing so it was uncomfortable. She called me the next day to tell me she wanted me to completely redo my resume. My last employment was working for a BBQ restaurant and the before that, I wasn't employed for five years so, that was my most recent employer hence why they were on my resume. She said I shouldn't put that on there because "you're not looking for a BBQ place, dear." She set up a phone conference later in the day for her and her coworker to call me and talk me through how to write my resume. I just graduated from college and had multiple professors and the career and employment services tweak my resume, so, I know that there's nothing wrong with it. She told me that she looks at resumes all day (which is probably true) and that she was helping me out. It just felt like she was very condescending and it really put me off on the job. The only reason I continued the conversations was because the quoted salary was good.

Later that day, I received a position from another place that I accepted immediately. Apparently, my resume wasn't too bad after all.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced in Excel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Home Credit International.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one person. I felt that went well. I guess he did too. So we proceed to the face-to-face with other officers of the company. The gentleman I spoke to was hard to read. But, he seemed nice enough. The next gentleman that came in made me feel very relaxed and we were able to build rapport quite easily. He made sure that I knew all the challenges of the job. I appreciated his honesty. It was information not to be taken lightly. I went back a third time. The team seemed nice. I was told they would get back to me a few days later. I still have not heard back from them and I have a few really great offers from other large corporations that are difficult to land. I need to get to work. And after seeing the pattern of being held off and not hired. I decided to let them know I am not interested. I already lost a few offers because I wanted to see how this played out.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter did not call at the appointed time for a phone interviewer. I then received multiple emails from the recruiter telling me that they did not call because they had been in a meeting than ran late and then another email telling me that they had offered the job to another person. The interview was scheduled less than a week prior to the scheduled time.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Credit International (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got call to schedule phone interview first.. 20 Min interview with basic probability question. 2nd round skype interview in next week. 45 min interview skype interview designed in a pattern to ask statistics, probability, and programming questions. The interviewer was a good and diplomatic person. Had fun in interview

Interview Questions

• Assumption of Linear Regression, Statistics Question, Probability Question   Answer Question

IT PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Credit International (Overland Park, KS (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

First a phone contact by recruiter, 30 min. Next step is "in person" interview with soem manager, 1 hour, after that some collaborative logical test. Focused on technical aspects.

Marketing/Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Credit International (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

Be prepared to answer a lot of questions about your resume and your duties at each individual job and how it applies to the specific position. Have questions ready to ask. Be prepared to answer specifically to the duties of the specific job and how it relates to your previous duties. Be prepared to defend your creative/design oriented resume. A person in HR reviewed this resume. I received an email within a week of applying from someone in HR who was in another city and state. The phone interview was supposed to take about 20 minutes but ended up taking an hour. The position I applied for was a little misleading in that in had more of a director role that first thought. This is a multi-national company and the position I applied for would be in charge of the social media for the entire US portion of the company. That was not specified in the job description. He offered to re-interview me after I'd prepped more but I declined after further consideration. I realized I was not the right fit but he did have some good points for my interviewing skills. The approach was a bit harsh though. So be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• How did you go from [first job position], to where you are today?   Answer Question

PL/SQL Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Credit International (Overland Park, KS (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

After a phone interview with HR, I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager. He described the position very differently than the job title -- the main responsibility would be gathering requirements and creating designs, not coding. The interview went well, and the manager said he would get back to me in a day or two. Which he did. What he didn't tell me was that he would "get back to me" with a design exercise. I completed the exercise and return it the same day, and after that I heard nothing for 9-10 days. When I followed up, the manager apologized, telling me that he had been caught up in a big release. He said he would get back to me in 2-3 days. A week later I followed up again. This time he said he'd get back to me that afternoon. The next day I got a terse rejection email. I got the feeling that he was holding onto my application in case his first choice fell through.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpectedly, the manager was particularly interested in my experience in gathering requirements and creating designs.   3 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Credit International (Brno (Czech Republic)).

Interview

2 interviews - one iwth hirign agency, second (and much longer) with three people - 1 from HR, 1 manager, 1 developer to test my skills

Interview Questions

Although I had clearly stated my required salary at least twice, I was offered less, with funny argument that with end-of-year bonus it's slightly more.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Credit International (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was normal. Was asked about all my previous experience and employment history. Background. Was asked on my strengths and weaknesses. Was also asked on what can I do to make an impact in my mew job.

Interview Questions

• to highlight my strengths and how it will help to achieve financial goals and objectives   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.