Hootsuite Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 20 Apr 2019

2.9

Sort:

Junior Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hootsuite in April 2015.

Interview

The interview started off with a phone interview with a recruiter. They explained the role and what you will be doing. They also asked a few information on why I was interested, and why HootSuite. I then moved on to the in-person interview. I met with a person that is currently in the role and a sales manager. They were all super informative. They asked basically the same questions the phone interviewer did and more. They also gave a day to day ordeal on how the office is.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hootsuite.

Interview

Their recruiting team really needs to get their act together.
    - I was going to be in Vancouver for other interviews, but the recruiter said they couldn't schedule one that week because the team had a hackathon. So I met the hiring manager for coffee instead and he said that the hackathon had been the previous week. There were multiple other flubs too, including lack of followup and no communication between the different teams I talked to.
    - The interview with the recruiter seemed like an interrogation. She rattled off a series of questions while staring at me expressionlessly. It was like she was hoping to catch me in a lie or contradiction.
    - She said they wanted to proceed to an offer, but only if I could start in 4-6 weeks, even though they knew my timeline did not allow for that. So they wasted my time and their own,
    - They refused to reimburse interview expenses since I was already in Vancouver for other interviews. I was only asking them to cover the expenses for the extra day, but apparently saving $292 was worth the negative word of mouth that I'm sure they knew would result.

Other than the interactions with recruiting, things were good. I really liked everyone else I met, and the team I interviewed with does very interesting and important work. However, their pay was lower than every other offer I received and a friend warned me that they were having layoffs after having grown too fast, so it's probably just as well.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hootsuite.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a Recruiter, was told I'd hear back in two days. Followed up, but never received further contact even to let me know the position had been taken.

Vice President Partners - North East, US Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hootsuite (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting for position, had two conversations with them. The met with the hiring manager over dinner, spoke with the entire team via phone and or via skype. I was the leader for the position, discussed $$$$ and they contacted my references.

I then was to speak with the CRO, who cancelled with notice the 1st time, without notice the 2nd time, and for a re-schedule, he called 1 1/2 hours later then he was supposed to. When I finally got the chance to speak with him, he was reactive, negative, rude, unprofessional and overly critical.He questioned everything about me, not just a test. Funny thing is he has also had a few "Jumps" as he put it in my background, regardless of my talent, passion, and desire and ability to be successful in the role. It was not a pleasure, good experience and or is he a solid leader and or someone that I would want to follow in anyway, shape or form.

Interview Questions

• Why Hootsuite? Went through my entire 16-18 year career, HS, College, and everything on my resume.   1 Answer

Junior Sales, Enterprise Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hootsuite (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an initial phone screen. The interviewer was in a room full of noise and I could barely hear her. I don't think she was really listening to my answers (or maybe couldn't hear me because of the noise) because she asked me questions about things I had already mentioned.

Junior Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Interview

I went to the Hoothire event, and the friendliness seemed rather artificial: Time done? Thanks for your time, move along. Perhaps that's the point (considering how many people show up to Hoothire), but maybe extend the time a bit to let people show who they are; short time frames are in no way representative of each individual's personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your time as (insert job experience in question here).   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Received 2 phone screening calls. The first one was with HR where I was asked questions to clarify my resume. The second interview (after a week) was with a senior software engineer that asked me technical questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Q: Does your current job use an Agile methodology for software development?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interview phases. I met up with the Hiring manager, 2 developers, a director and an HR. Each interview was roughly one hour. In the technical interview, they've asked a puzzle question and an architecture design question.

Interview Questions

• Find Itinerary from a given list of tickets
      Given a list of tickets, find itinerary in order using the given list.

Example:

Output:
      Bombay->Delhi, Delhi->Goa, Goa->Chennai, Chennai->Banglore,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by two recruiters at Tundra Technical recruiting firm. They claimed they had a direct line to HR at Hootsuite. I went through an initial phone screening and was subsequently invited on site for a back to back three rounds of interviews with two people at each time. I had made it clear to everyone throughout the process from the get go that I'm not a web developer, but a software engineer. I had even declined Hootsuite requests several times before for that reason. Everyone knew that and they said that that was ok for what they intended to use me for now.

The first round was with two developers who gave me two algorithm problems. I solved the first one and the second one I provided a solution they had never seen before. They said the answers were correct and had no problems with them.

The second round was architectural questions. I provided some information at their request about my experience and answered their design questions. I asked at the end if the answers were met with their approval and they said there were no problems with them.

The third round was more HR oriented and totally routine. I didn't sense anything wrong here either. Very routine. Overall, all three on site interviews were very routine with nothing unusual.

A few days later I was informed by email from the recruiting firm that Hootsuite intended to pass. I wasn't provided an explanation, despite having been promised when I began the process that I would be if it came to that.

I ended up getting a call a few days later from Hootsuite's HR. They said that they were actually looking for a web developer and not a software engineer. This had apparently been made clear to the recruiters many times, including by the candidate. Hootsuite also said that the recruiter never made an effort to obtain a debriefing for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to parse a string containing particular type of expression presented then.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Two applications: one via internet and the other at the Hoothire event. First application, had a phone call from an HR that didn't went well. The connexion was terrible, noisy environment on his side, speaking really fast and not repeating when asked. Negative email after 5 days of waiting. The second application, had 1/2 minutes with a fellow web developer face-to-face in their new office. Nice and friendly guy, but it is definitely too fast. Never heard of them after that.

Interview Questions

• Do you know HootSuite, the product etc... Had the feeling that they are looking for people already fan of their product.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.