HubShout Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.3

Sort:

SEO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubShout (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was straightforward, basic entry level SEO. They first give you a small test-- it's okay to skip questions (half math / half logic). Do as many as accurately as you can in the time period and you'll be fine. The interview was primarily from a list of 10 or so questions with some room for conversation-- it was more to feel out my basic knowledge of SEO / marketing in general.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of an HTML tag.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HubShout (Rochester, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview and a review of my resume. I was asked questions about my past experience. I had to recall past experiences and apply them to digital marketing. Both Adam and Chad asked insightful questions that were fair and relevant to the job.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HubShout.

Interview

You first come in an do the Wonderlic test which is a 12 minute, 50 question cognitive ability test. If you get a score that at least meets their minimum requirements, you will have a formal in person interview. I personally was offered the job soon after, I believe it was no more than 48 hours after.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubShout (Rochester, NY (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

2 Phone interviews with President

Negotiation

No negotiation. He doesn't want to hear your opinion

Internet Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HubShout (Rochester, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Required a resume and cover letter as well as salary requirements for consideration. Interview was fairly straight forward. Only had a phone interview prior to being offered the job, but know that others had in person interviews previously. Most of the questions focused on past SEO experience and knowledge, with some focus on Excel knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Pertaining to Excel functions. Wasn't required for the job, though a strong knowledge of Excel will definitely help.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure to get everything in writing. Negotiate hours etc, prior to working there.

Internet Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HubShout (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process included two 30 minute phone interviews with Chad and Adam. (CEO and President)

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HubShout (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

Very straight forward - you come in and write a handful of sample articles. They are evaluated for content, use of keywords and general quality. If you pass, you're good to go. They prefer onsite writers, but are willing to work with you on scheduling. Everything was very low key. The understanding is that you are paid on production so you ultimately have to perform.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. In fact, the main question was "what do you know about SEO?" and it wasn't used to screen people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is a production position and you are paid per word.

SEO Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubShout (Rochester, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

We spoke about the position and then I got to work creating two writing samples in their platform. I believe these pieces were actually used for clients (I believe I was supposed to be paid for this, but I never got a paypal payment). The office is laid back, very young. SEO writers also have the benefit of being able to work from home after three months of employment (and, I assume, after a review). However, the pay is minimal for the work so I had to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked anything difficult or unexpected, it was all very casual.   Answer Question

SEO Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubShout (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I was brought in, asked if I knew about SEO, and told a bit about the companies history. First SEO writer to work in house, so it was all being done on the fly.

SEO Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HubShout (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

Got an email, signed up on their website with my Paypal info (so they could pay me for article writing) and then set up an appointment for an interview. The staff was friendly and helpful. The environment was laid back and as a result the employees are all happy while being hard working. It's a nice little start-up which has a culture of hard work and hard play.

Interview Questions

• They want you to write 2 articles to prove you have what it takes. You have 2-3 days to write these articles.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.