Human Factors Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Human Factors

2.8

Usability Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Human Factors (Mumbai).

Interview

three rounds of interview. The first round was with HR about what were my goals with respect to UX. the second round involved a written test that include designing early concepts for an application, and a basic test of usability knowledge. The third round was in person with management.

User Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Human Factors (Mumbai) in January 2014.

Interview

I had applied to the UX Consultant position through their website. I got a call within 3 days asking for my background details from the HR department. I was told that I would be given a 'pre-test' that would need to be answered in a day in order to proceed further in the interview process.

Pre-test: I was given the task to review the usability of a major e-travel site in India and was asked to come up with wireframe recommendations and competitor insights.

After submitting the pre-test, I got a call from the HR for scheduling a phone interview.
    Phone interview: It was all about discussing my solution of the test and the interviewer had pointed out certain flaws in my design. I thought that my solution wasn't proper and that the interview went bad.

I gave up hopes on hearing from them and to my surprise, I heard from the HR after 7 days asking that I was cleared for the next round and that I would be required to come to their office and take some test and an interview.

There was a written test which comprised of 15 questions on usability and user-centered design thinking. Out of these, 3 questions were major design questions and the rest of them required simple answers. I however thought that most of the questions that were asked were silly and I found the whole written test to be boring! The test took about 4 hours to complete.

And, then I was called for a personal Interview with the M.D of the company.
    The interviewer discussed certain solutions of mine in the written test, but it was majorly to know about me, my background and my intentions to join the workplace. It went very well and I was quite happy with how it had turned out. I was told then and there that they would be making an offer and would be happy to see me join.

Interview Questions

• I thought some of the questions in the written test were silly and have felt that they are not up to the level of position to which I was applying. These questions were very basic and having to answer them in written form only added to the boredom of the lengthy test.   Answer Question

I had information from an ex-employee that the management is not so great and that the design work that people do is not at all cutting edge, and mediocre at best. Also, I had an opportunity with another company which I believe would align with my career objectives in a better manner.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Human Factors (Mumbai).

Interview

It was a detail Interview with design knowledge question and portfolio discussion followed by design test. Discussion on design test with pros and cons of design. Then forward to HR and interview about expectations and break up of the salary.

Humanfactor Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Human Factors (Mumbai) in March 2008.

Interview

Was made to watch a video explaining what usability is. Had to take a test that consisted of questions related to cognitive psychology and a design question. Was interviewed by the CEO soon after I completed the test. The answers I gave were discussed and I was offered the job on the spot. Then had a talk with HR to fix the salary.

Interview Questions

• Design a shower knob that would give you the perfect mix of hot and cold water. And it has to be very intuitive to use.   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Human Factors (Mumbai) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR (1), a design test to be solved before presenting to senior designers. Followed by a behavioral and technical interview. The design test was presented, and questions were asked about what the process was. This company does not focus on the deliverable as much as the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you design for memorability in a user interface?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.