Iceland Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Iceland Foods Interview Questions

Interviews at Iceland Foods

2.5

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Chelmsford, England (UK)).

Interview

Very quick and easy had to do psychometric tests online aswell. I would recommend anyone briefly go over some basic GCSE maths/fractions/percentages etc before doing them so you don’t get caught out.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Didcot, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Didcot, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

went in, asked me questions about my life and education. so I said what I did for charity and some previous work experience with school. pretty easy, although management was late to interview and they didn't call when they said they would, I had to go and find out myself.

Interview Questions

• what could you bring to the job   1 Answer

Picker/Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redditch, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Redditch, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview. The process was very quick and I was offered the job on the same day and went for my induction two days later. The team members are all lovely :)

Food Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods in November 2019.

Interview

Given 5 questions and we had to film our responses and upload the videos. Each question could be filmed separately. The 5 questions were given around 10 days in advance to the deadline. The site wasn't the easiest to use because i could not scroll to the bottom of the screen, so i couldn't see the full screen of the answers i had filmed. The site also crashed and so i had to redo all my videos however this may have been a technical fault of my laptop.

Interview Questions

• they asked us to do an SWOT analysis of an Iceland store   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Staff of iceland foods are very co-operative. Iceland company provide fresh food to their customers. Price of this store also cheapest. We easily collect everything from there. Iceland stores designed very well and look too good from other markets.

IT Architecture Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Iceland Foods in October 2019.

Interview

A very unprofessional experience encountered from the recruitment agency and from the company themselves. A senior IT role was advertised and I was keen to find out more about the role. I requested for some queries to be answered or to have an initial telephone call to discuss the particulars of the position to assess its' suitability. The agency did not come back with a response to either request and a week or two later I received a response for a face to face. I again requested the information and also confirmed applicable interview times over a few different days. The agency took some time to get back to me and I requested a new time having looked at the practicalities. The agency then responded with a completely different single time slot not related to anything previously discussed and said that the questions could not be answered. I was then left without the necessary or for that matter appropriate level of information to enter the interview process. In a final attempt to try not to waste my time and that of the company I contacted the business and politely requested a conversation with HR. I tried to ask some questions and was provided some answers but not all that would have been useful. It seems this process was just about the company and agency and did not wish to consider the candidate in anyway, a bad sign from the off. I then received a rude phone call from the agency which again negated to address the failures to provide an adequate service and in fact had the cheek to insult my professionalism. The company behaved as their previous actions had given warning to by not resolving their failings but by responding by rejecting my application. Recruitment agencies can quite often be difficult to work with due to inexperience of staff and the high pressures but for a company like Iceland recruiting for an important role this really is a poor reflection on their HR and senior IT teams.

Notes for consideration:
    1. An interview process is about satisfying the needs of both a company and a candidate
    2. A candidate is a client of a recruitment agency just like a customer
    3. The way a company handles an interview process says a lot about the business and its' leadership

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

I think the hiring process is now done online but when I applied in 2018, I handed in my CV and filled in a quick application in the store. I was then called a few days later to come in for an interview. I had to wait around 20 minutes before seeing the manager which made me a bit nervous but I was just asked a few simple questions.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

I had my interview on the 26th of September 2019. I arrived on time for my interview at the kentish town branch in London. The interview itself was straight forward and it was very informal. It only lasted about 30mins.
    I was offered the job right on the spot and i accepted the offer..The manager told me I would receive a documentation link with NSL ( an external verification company for iceland). The link arrived in my inbox and i provided all the necessary documentation for verification .The result came out about 3days after and confirmed my right to work in the UK and also confirmed my offer of employment with Iceland. The email/offer letter from NSL also stated I woukd receive a confirmation of my resumption date and work schedule.
    I decided to contact the kentish town branch office after about a week with no letter or further correspondence as regards the job.
    To my shock,the manager told me I didn't get the job after offering me the job in the first instance. He reckoned there were other qualified candidate .I have never heard this in my life,that an offer of a job was withdrawn after giving job to a candidate behind his back. Why offering a position to a candidate then as soon as that leave the interview room, you gave the same job to another candidate without contacting the first one to let him know what the situation was.
    I challenged the manager, he sounded defensive on the phone cos he was caught out completely.
    My advice is avoid Iceland, the interview is just a smokescreen. The branch managers are not truthful in their selection. The branch managers are so corrupt that the best candidates never made it through the door.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Easy it was very easy, i felt at ease. I was offered a part time contract on weekends only which is exactly what i wanted. Very happy they could give this to me. Very easy questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

6 stages in total - online form; psychometric tests; Skype interview; reverse interview; assessment centre; final interview. Interviewed by a range of people across the business. Very thorough and impressive process, with excellent support from recruitment team throughout.

Interview Questions

• Why the graduate scheme? Why Iceland? How would you describe yourself in 3 words? How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.