Ingeus Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ingeus Interview Questions

Interviews at Ingeus

3.1

Interview

It was straight forward, had a phone interview. All was well but I didn’t hear back for over 3 weeks, despite trying to reach out multiple times. Overall it was one interview followed by an offer, with a long period of silence in between with no explanation.

Employment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a quick interview where you had to explain the reasons why you would like to be part of the team and the company. Also there want to know why you want this specific position

Interview Questions

• Why you would like this position?   1 Answer

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)).

Interview

You could be 100% qualified and have experience for the role but, if one of the interviewers is badly informed, ill advised and possibly also prejudiced, you ain't got a hope. You'll probably be glad not to work for this outfit anyway. Salary on offer also laughable! (no you won't.) Overheard current caseworker complaining about lack of salary cash and critical of manager who turned out to be one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Case study then so-called competency questions   1 Answer

Client Liaison Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingeus (Solihull, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very customer service based questions and give a you a scenario on a phone call. Then you do three 10 minute assessments on numbers and collecting information. Very nice people there, can’t wait to start!

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ingeus in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone followed by 121 interview followed by role play followed by another 121 then you are given feedback then you have a presentation and present back then you have to talk about your self and then you get hired

Revenue Processing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingeus (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

A brief skills test to ensure that you match up to the required level of IT literacy followed by a interview. The interview lasted approx 35 mins and consisted of all the typical interview questions, I believe your personality plays a big part in the company as that is the sort of people they are looking for to match the company values.

NDPP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingeus (Nottingham, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

15 minute session re: 5-a-day. Interview panel.
    I arrived ten minutes before the session was due to start to facilitate set up, and had to wait for the interviewers who said they had technology problems.
    The session was late starting therefore, and all seemed hurried and pressured. One interviewer arrived late, after I'd done the safety/housekeeping. Though they told me to continue, I did a quick recap because I thought it was essential.
    Lessons learned would include to keep it simple and not try to include as much as I did. Another time it would be appropriate to fill the 15 minutes, on this occasion less would have been more. Having a contingency plan (for a shorter session, with items that could be added if necessary) would have helped.

Interview Questions

• How can the client be encouraged to return for future sessions?   1 Answer
    • What could I have improved for the session?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The usual two person panel interview where your experience and knowledge were tested. Nothing too taxing if you have prepared on the basis that situational and behavioural questions will be asked. The note taking can be slightly disruptive in that the person who has asked you the question is not as easy to make eye contact with.

Employment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingeus (Northampton, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was structured around a typical day or scenario in the life on an Advisor but the way in which it is done was unrealistic and rushed. You start off with being shown to a PC where you will watch a 5 minute video of a customer with a variety of pros and cons and upon viewing it was well executed. I was going to say you are expected but in reality you should take very detailed notes as they demonstrate you can absorb information and use the pros and cons to help advance the customer. You will after create a CV for the said customer and produce an end result that will be printed and supplied to the interview panel in this case a member of HR and the branch Manager. I should add you will have 30 minutes for both watching the video and creating the CV so be ready as you will feel under pressure. You will be asked a number of questions in the main interview about the subject in the video, fail to pay attention and you will regret it. Take heed!

What I did expect but did not happen were questions about the created CV or questions about why it was prepared in the way in my case created. Further its content in general to see if it matched the customer profile. It was almost like it was part of the process so why not create it. I am confident it was good as I have come from the sector with years of experience and maybe that reflected and hence no further questions, either that or like I say fore fill the process.

Personally the Role-Play part of the interview was ridiculous and they should know better than to allow it to play out the way they did but it is not uncommon, many companies do so. The situation is more hypothetical rather than realism and without realism it should be excluded from the process. It is nothing like what you will experience with a real life customer even if the their demeanour may seem rude, uncooperative or in fact proactive. It is always the usual awkward play actor making the situation as hard and as difficult as they can make it and whilst they may think that works it is an interview. A good interviewer doing a role-play exercise or the core of the interview questions should bear in mind the process is to draw the very best examples out of a candidate as it is your one opportunity to access the unknown upon first contact allowing an informed decision. Not only do I come from the welfare sector I have a lot of interview making skills having recruited hundreds of personal in the past. It does not make me better than them, acknowledged, but it does give you a flash view of the potential outcome when it comes to the ‘wash-up’.

The main part of the competency based questions are over complex and there are only two that require a lot of explanation rather than breaking them into four to six smaller questions amounting to the same. You see the problem here is you may go off on a tangent or even ramble as whilst you are giving an answer so much needs to be covered you can lose yourself in the oblivion.

I did not get the role and the feedback was exactly around that point the detail in which I gave. It was said I gave good answers but spoke a lot. I was told the role-play part did not allow for the actor to answer questions but that was not the case as there were plenty of open questions, but with a lethargic lack of response forced a new approach to get the actor to engage. His subject matters case history was that of no interest, no career ambition, no employment history that was the same pattern with friends and family and one of poor time keeping or no show. You have 20 minutes for this part after reading a brief for 10 minutes that was in fact 5 minutes and 10-15 minutes to act it all out.

In overview I did speak a lot so I will not deny that but you are at an interview to sell yourself to the employer. Likewise they should maximise what they too can obtain out of the experience and that did not happen. It was uninteresting, fairly unfriendly and mundane in experience. It did get me thinking as even sat in reception before all of this got underway no one in the Office seemed to be enjoying themselves. No happy atmosphere or buzz about the place unlike Office spaces in general. It makes me wonder if many of the ex employee reviews are spot on!

It is a shame overall as I really wanted the role as I have a proven background hitting and exceeding targets.

But it is what it is…

Interview Questions

• I have added most of this detail in my write up but in brief the two core questions toward the end of the interview process were based around a time when you have had a difficult predicament and had to adjust quickly under pressure where the decision you make could have a bearing on achieving targets and what you did to ensure that did not cause detriment. The other question similar but around dealing with a difficult situation with a customer or client adapting to change that disrupted the normal course a day/week forcing you to reorganise and maintain objectives. Both questions required multiple explanation with a small time window for each.   1 Answer

L&D Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ingeus (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Competency based interview2 telephone and face to face and a work tray exercise. Interviewed by 2 managers, was given a job offer straight away. There was a second telephone interview after the face to face interview- probably because the managers were so incompetent that they failed to make proper notes first time round because they were repeating questions

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.