Kimley-Horn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 19 May 2019

2.8

Sort:

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Went to a career fair at my university and heard back within a month about coming in for on-campus interviews. The on-campus interviews were conducted by an engineer and an HR staff for approximately half an hour. The on-campus interview went well, so I was scheduled to come in for an on-site interview (within a month's time). There, I talked to senior-level management and mid-level planners, and was able to ask them about specific projects they were working on. The interview process was pretty casual and the staff I met were all very welcoming. I was asked mostly qualitative questions about relevant projects and how classes I took gave me the skills required for the position.

HR was fantastic on keeping in touch and checking in with me throughout the entire process. I received prompt responses and emails whenever I had questions

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

The hiring process is great. The recruiters are not car salesman. They are honest and provide you with important information to help you make the right decision.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of behavioral style interview questions that I wasn't accustomed to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Kimley-Horn put their best foot forward on the first offer so there was no negotiation phase.

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

Met with recruiters at campus for a career fair with an interview that followed. It was a relaxed setting with questions about school experiences and school projects. This followed an interview at the office.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Frisco, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The set up was casual, friendly, and also straight to the point. The questions weee all relates to the job description and the experience I had for me to fit that role. The questions were fairly standard. The people were very nice.

IS Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Orange, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

First got a call from Human Resources for an informal phone interview; lasted an hour or so. In a week, got a call that I passed the phone interview and was to schedule an on-site interview. Scheduled for the week after. Went in with the department head and HR specialist. An hour later, was finished. Got called with the offer the next morning.

Interview Questions

• If your boss had to describe your weaknesses, what would they be?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

Very friendly and laid back. Wanted to make sure the job was a good fit for me in addition to the other way around. They love involvement with school groups so be sure to mention it if they don't bring it up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your career goals? Describe your interests in detail   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (West Palm Beach, FL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Process was very slow. Took no time to get a phone interview but took over a month to hear back from them. The people there were very nice and kind.

Interview Questions

• Basic entry level questions. Why civil engineering? What specialty?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

One interview with 3 engineers. Took me to a coffee shop and had a very pleasant conversation. Pretty casual, and questions were pretty typical interview questions, but they didn't ask very many and instead let the conversation flow. They liked project experience with ASCE/other orgs. They called me with an offer three days later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

I initially applied to several internships through their website, and never really heard anything back. About two weeks later, I spoke with recruiters at my university's career fair, and when I asked them about the positions I had applied for, I was told that all but one had been filled. They still interviewed me and told me to be sure to keep applying for positions on their website, and that was the last I heard from them.

Overall, I came away from the process feeling like my time was unnecessarily wasted and like the recruiters didn't seem very engaged in their jobs. Keep in mind that even if positions are open on their website, they may have already been filled and you don't have any way of knowing unless you speak to a recruiter or know someone in the company. If I seek a job from them in the future, things I will do differently include applying for internships WAY in advance and being VERY persistent checking-in with their recruiters and engineers I have met through networking events.

Interview Questions

• Boiler plate stuff at the career fair interview. Expect them to ask questions about your resume and some of your goals/aspirations as an engineer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview was first with an individual person sent to my university. I did well but it didn't seem to matter because the next step was a lunch style group interview where only 1-2 out of about 100 would be chosen. I opted not to go to that and took another opportunity I had.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in civil engineering?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.