Knorr-Bremse Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Knorr-Bremse Interview Questions

Interviews at Knorr-Bremse

2.8

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knorr-Bremse.

Interview

interviewed by three person (operation manager, hiring manager, HR rep)
    the whole interview took around 2 hours. asked me couple questions related to purchasing. after the interview, i was given a tour of the production line. overall, good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell a little about yourself and past working experience.
      how do you cut cost?
      how do you pick suppliers?
      what is your strong abilities?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Knorr-Bremse (Westminster, MD (US)).

Interview

My interview was scheduled through a recruiting agency. I was supposed to participate in an interview through a Video Teleconference. The interviewer was a no-show for the interview. I had rearranged some other appointments to accommodate the interviewers schedule. After staring at a blank screen for awhile I attempted to contact the company to no avail. I eventually received an email stating that something came up which screwed up the afternoon and they would attempt to reschedule the interview, though I do not plan to move forward with this company.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Knorr-Bremse.

Interview

First there was test on C and DS which was MCQ 's followed by the technical interview. Some of them had to give second round of technical as well. Then shortlisted were taken for HR.

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Knorr-Bremse (Baltimore, MD (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager of the Facilities department at Knorr-Bremse after applying requesting a phone interview. The manager set up the phone interview for a week after I was first contacted. The phone interview was smooth, relaxed and engaging. About two weeks after the interview I was contacted by HR saying they were offering me the job. Due to being a college student and having a busy semester schedule ahead I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Knorr-Bremse (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They asked me about my past experience and specific terms about the job. 2 interviews, 1 by phone and other on the side. Very formal and professional company. Looks like nice place to work .

Interview Questions

• Mention the international systems for logistic . Keys terms. What you did in the daily day job.   Answer Question
    • How you control your inventory.   Answer Question
    • Most questions were about my CV. My experience in the past jobs and some questions about softwares experience and terms use on the job.   Answer Question

Analyst 1-2, Big Data Interview

Interview

In my IT career, I've had many, many interviews, but Knorr-Bremse stands above them all as the worst I've ever been treated in an interview. By far the nastiest, most brutal, most humiliating interview in my career. First, an on-line psychological assesment, not quite as creepy as the one for AAA but still pretty bad, with all the questions on an axis of humility to narcissism. I answered all the questions with maximum humility, thought that was appropriate for a global company. Then an HR screen, standard stuff. Then a good phone interview with the hiring manager, it went well, I thought I was on the right track.

And then an in-person interview. First about an hour with the hiring manager, normal technical questions, he sketched out the architecture on a white board and we discussed comparative advantages with the architecture I had previously been working with.

Then the HR lady called in from US headquarters in Ohio. This was where it got bad. I don't mind a tough interview, and I don't even mind being pushed a little to see how I react under pressure. But the extended psychological abuse from the nasty HR lady was just too much. They really wanted to see how much humiliation I would take. I really, really needed the job so I took quite a lot.

The interview feedback (which is rare and I give them credit for) was that the hiring manager had some good things to say but did not see me "fitting into the team". I've heard that language before, people love my decades of experience but don't like that I caught a few grey hairs along the way.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question was from the HR lady, this is the one they tormented me on, "what would your previous co-workers say you need to improve on?".   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Knorr-Bremse (Westminster, MD (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was like any other interview where there were questions about yourself, your past jobs, and what you could bring to the company. The interviewers were very friendly and explained who they were and what they did, their experience, and were very open.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Knorr-Bremse (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was asked to detail my CV especially former experiences, how I worked at the previous job, what methods I knew, why I was to leave my previous job. After this we discussed some code snippets written in C or in pseudocodes. Most of them were logic tests. Finally some informal question in English to test language skills. Of course the expected salary was asked too.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knorr-Bremse (Pune) in January 2018.

Interview

Worst HR interview. They dont even have basic skills to interview. they send very junior HR guys for interview
    I liked the technical interview and also got a good overview of the job profile

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Knorr-Bremse (Pune) in March 2015.

Interview

I visited to Pune Technology Center for interview from Bangalore. Though the actual process was just of 1.5-2 hours ,they took whole day. I had told my salary expectation prior coming to pune, but during discussion HR told I am expecting more. I didn't get if it was more why did they conduct interview. And this is not all , they told to reimburse travel expenses equivalent to train fair. But even after months form interview it is not reimbursed and HR person did not respond to any mail.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.