Lenovo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Lenovo

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Hybrid Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Initially brought in for 2 interviews, 1 phone interview, didn’t get an offer but was referred to same position on another team, 1 more interview then offer made. Managers were easy to talk to, very passionate about Lenovo.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome price objections from customer?   2 Answers
    • Why Lenovo?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lenovo in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was via telephone with a team lead and another software engineer. It lasted about an hour and was very friendly. There was a short employment history & behavioral conversation, and a long discussion around technology specific to the project I would be working on.

The second interview was an online coding exam. There were four programming problems of equal difficulty designed to test basic programming aptitude (simple algorithms and syntax). The entire test was online, timed (2 hours) and recorded. Results are sent to the interviewers.

The third interview was a very brief conversation with the department manager (30 mins). It was basically a review of the skills I could bring to the team and a couple clarifying questions about my resume, along with some additional information about the position.

A day after the third interview, I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how 'this' works in JavaScript.   2 Answers

Lenovo Response

15 May 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks for the good description.
    Lenovo generally has a recruiter contact the top candidates for a phone screen, typically within 2 weeks of applying. Afterwards, within a week or two, the top... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

why you are leaving your current employer
      why you are leaving your current employer   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo in June 2017.

Interview

Overall it was a good interview. I appreciate the interest they had in me but i dint get an offer.I think they are looking for the right candidates that fits there position. But still have a positive attitude towards the company.

Interview Questions

• some C++ and java questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round: Telephone screening

Waiting for results of first round. The interviewer said he is gonna forward the feedback to hiring manager and i should expect an email in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Q: A global static variable is accessible outside the module it is defined in?
      Q: dynamic memory management from which area in memory for C/C++ code?
      Q: left shift operator?
      Q: pure virtual function has implementation in the base class?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR call, technical call interview, onsite interview in one week. No update is you don't get the position. Expect spend more than 30 mins on call interview. Might be a good opportunity.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo in February 2018.

Interview

really easy two round interview, first round technical phone screen, second round a talk with the team. somewhat disorganized because there were both chinese and english speakers involved, but overall it worked out.

Interview Questions

• What is one product you would like to see on the marketplace, and how would you implement it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lenovo (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Depends on the position your applying for and in which department that is hireing..some departments are completely technical and most others are process and spreadsheet or phone driven. In most cases they were mostly technical and required to be informed about the technology field

Interview Questions

• How do you access the section in windows that let you change what boota at first start in windows   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was for a specific team in Lenovo. Had a phonecall with two engineers. I had a lot of experience in this specific tool they use on their team. They asked me a few questions on how I would implement certain things and we talked through my process. Very nice and friendly guys.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo in June 2016.

Interview

This was a new position and I believe they really did a poor job on what the role truly ended up being as the position was not what they said it would be.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience   2 Answers

Interview

Most candidates that make it to the interview process are referrals. There are usually two phone interviews, then one face-to-face interview. Questions relate to experience, accomplishments, and describing situations that required you to think outside the box and had paid off.

Interview Questions

• All pretty standard, it's not an unusual format by any means.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wouldn't advise being picky as they tend to do their best to give the best possible offer upfront.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.