Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jun 2019

2.5

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

I thought the interview went well with the office manager. However I have not heard back. I really think they are looking for the perfect person who doesn't exist, as the job has been posted since October 22.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

I interviewed and it took 2 months for everything to go through. If I knew what I had known back then I would have NEVER applied to work here. I came one time, I met a panel and was introduced to other people and then it took them about 6 weeks to call me back and another 2 weeks to clear background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATIONS.... NONE. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

The initial interview was with the in-house recruiter. She was essentially the gatekeeper. If she was satisfied with your qualifications and interview performance, you would then have an in-person interview with the partners under whom you would be working.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Very informal process. In person interview with three partners and one associate. Didn't meet the head of the practice group I would be joining. (Never actually met him until a few days after actually starting work there.). Called back in two days to meet the managing partner of the office and to receive the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, they refused to negotiate and gave a completely under market low ball offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very fast-paced interview process. Took 4 days from the time I applied to the day they extended their offer. There was an initial interview with the hiring partner and then a call-back with some of his team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation process. Salary is lock-step for new hires but was told that raises are more based on merit.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

Met with partner who was very nice and made me feel at ease. A second interview was with other partners in the practice area. They went over my resume and asked about my future career plans, nothing too unexpected.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process moved very quickly. I received an invitation to interview the same day I applied. I interviewed and was offered a position within two days. I was asked to accept or decline the offer within two days thereafter.

I saw red flags almost immediately. I was scheduled to interview with a Human Resources representative first, and then a partner. The HR person with whom I was scheduled to interview was almost a half hour late to meet with me. I sat waiting patiently after flying in from out of town, and was not offered much of an explanation for the delay. The individual apparently did not realize I was coming in from out of town, though my application materials provided this information. The rest of the HR interview went fine. It was a pretty standard back and forth about benefits, etc. I indicated I was available to start in about two months, as I was moving to the city. I was told the firm would be flexible.

I was then taken to meet with the head of the practice group. This went well- he was fairly nice and asked typical questions. Then I met with another partner. Similarly good exchange. Then, a third: not so great. It was clear that billable hours were absolutely the most critical factor, and nothing else about me as an applicant seemed to matter.

I received an offer, with another on the table at a different firm. The offer was pretty good- not amazing, but good. In light of the fact that I was entertaining another offer, I asked for my start date, to fully evaluate my options. HR told me that could be discussed, but first, I would need to accept the offer. I decided to accept, as the salary offer beat the other firm's. HR then indicated they would be willing to cooperatively negotiate my start date, following my show of acceptance.

Fast forward one week: my proposed start date was rejected. I then, requested starting the week prior, and then the week before that. HR showed that the firm was actually not willing to be flexible, despite the 6 hour move I will be making to start the job. I was told that my offer was rescinded as a result of start date issue. I asked when might be an acceptable start date, and was told that was the end of discussion. I never received an alternate start date. I explained my disappointment that I accepted the job in good faith, and declined another good offer to take the position. I was told that this was a business move. Apparently this is how business is done there. Be careful.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

I applied for a specific group, but was called in to interview for an entirely different practice group! Person I met with was completely unprepared for the interview. It seemed as if he did not see my resume until I sat down in front of him for the interview. He asked basic questions, probably because he wasn't prepared. During interview, he was checking his emails and phone. He did not appear to be interested in interviewing at all and interrupted me constantly while I was speaking. I was told that I should be expecting a call back in the coming weeks regarding his decision. I don't expect one based on his demeanor and attitude. Very off-putting.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in response to a posted position. I heard back in about 10 days. I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour. I met with 2 partners.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my ability to generate business from clients.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith.

Interview

I emailed my resume. The H/R person called and scheduled an in person interview with some partners. Scheduled another interview with partners and associates. Got a job offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.