Luma Pictures Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Luma Pictures

Luma Pictures

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luma Pictures in Feb 2021

Interview

Una entrevista muy correcta. Todo en tono amable y acogedor. Hicieron todo lo posible para que esté a gusto y he sentido que apreciaban mi trabajo. He podido aportar mi opinión y mis aptitudes sin problema alguno. La entrevista en sí ya era una excelente experiencia.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and your work? What are your greatest strengths? What are your greatest weaknesses?
    Answer Question

Luma Pictures

Application

I interviewed at Luma Pictures

Interview

I thought it was the typical interview, with a call from HR initially, do not have much information about the rest as did not make it past the first interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Luma Pictures (Melbourne) in Mar 2018

Interview

Very nice process of speaking with the Production Manager and then a second interview with the VFX Producer. Very relaxed and still professional environment. We touched on a large variety of topics quickly.

Interview Questions
  • What does your typical day look like at your other company?

Luma Pictures

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luma Pictures

Interview

It was a Skype interview with staff manager and also I had another interview with a supervisor. Whole interview process took me about one week because those interviews were scheduled separately

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Luma Pictures

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luma Pictures

Interview

Skype interview over my desktop, discussed a suitable timing to get it done. Skype interview started on time. The interviewee was honest about how the company was ran, friendly and patient. Was encouraged to ask questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Luma Pictures

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luma Pictures in Apr 2017

Interview

During the interview, I was asked previous work experience and process about the work. He also explains about the future project that I might work on. Interview was a bit informal, but overall was not bad.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Luma Pictures

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luma Pictures

Interview

I got the email of interview after few days I applied for, and I did the interview with CG supervisor and the lead of Modeling/Texture. They went through my demo reel, and asked me what software I used for each piece.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luma Pictures (Melbourne)

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and friendly. It seemed like they were already planning to hire me as they spent most of the time talking about the company and selling it to me! They checked over my reel again during the interview but didn't really ask much about it. Overall is was super relaxed and an enjoyable interview.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luma Pictures (Melbourne) in Jun 2016

Interview

Interview in their boardroom with a couple of people, where they gave me the standard pitch about the company. Told me about the culture, the work/life balance, how they were interested having the right people that were happy. You know the drill. The thing they didn't know was that they had interviewed a bunch of my friends and they had told me what kind of questions they would ask me ahead of time.

Interview Questions
  • They asked pretty standard questions, about experience etc. What threw me though is that they asked me to pick a salary figure. They explained that they don't negotiate and that they wanted me to choose a salary that I was happy with, and that if the number was higher than what they were thinking, they would cease negotiation. I think this may have been a ploy for them to get me to low-ball myself.

Luma Pictures

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Luma Pictures in Sep 2015

Interview

I was emailed last minute a day before they wanted me in for an interview. The email was addressed to someone else (another candidate) and the date mentioned was for the following week although they asked for next day. I replied with my name, asking if the invitation was meant for me and they apologized and confirmed. After the actual interview process, I'm starting to think they never meant to invite me and did so to cover their mistake. The interview didn't start until all candidates had arrived, including one whose name my email had been addressed to. I quickly noticed they had called in all the skinny, Indy White girls and I was the odd one out. I was beckoned into a room where I was interviewed by a rep overseas and it took all of 3 minutes. They had no real questions except for the basic 'Who are you and why are you here?' As someone with both a creative and administrative background who genuinely wanted to work THERE, I felt defeat as soon as I walked out the room. I felt I had been physically sized up and deemed unfit for the pretty people there. To add insult to injury, I was told the interview process had just begun, with more days of interviews but I received an impromptu email the next day that basically read, "Yeah, you're not what we wanted here, so we're going in a different direction"....signed a random person I hadn't met or talked to. I'm starting to think talent and strong work ethic mean nothing in L.A. If you're not pretty and not the "right" kind of minority, you can't even work behind a desk.....I'm both sad and hurt.

Interview Questions
13 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews