MAQ Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

MAQ Software Interview Questions

Interviews at MAQ Software

2.9

Content Writer Interview

Interview

Simple and straight-forward. I got to ask all my questions and feel like I was asked questions that really got at my core skills and values. I was also asked for my opinion based on future job requirements and felt it was an open space where I could give it

Interview Questions

• What part of my experience do I think is relevant to the role?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)

Interview

The worst company to interview for, Not professional at all! I went for a 3 hours interview and once I arrived they were having a meeting. I waited for a while then a lady came and asked me some questions while the team finish their meeting. However, once the lady was done another person came and told me that the interview was over. I didn’t understand what was happening and I got surprised how they treated people! They don’t have any respect! You don’t want to work in a place we’re respect is not valued!

Interview Questions

• Asked about the visual design test you did before the interview   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAQ Software.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and conducted a phone screen.

Next, they asked me to do a "visual design exercise" which asked me to redesigned their home page. The directions were so convoluted that it took me a full afternoon/evening just to decipher what exactly they wanted in the redesign. They also sent me the assignment on a Friday morning and asked me to send it in by Monday morning, and I felt it was unreasonable for them to ask me to give up my weekend on such short notice. On the plus side, they let me extend the deadline, so they were flexible.

All that aside, there were huge red flags here for 2 reasons:
    1. Not sure why they are asking for a visual design exercise for a UX role. Of course, it's important that UX designers have a visual eye, but to structure an entire time-consuming activity around visual design for a UX role is a huge indicator that they don't understand what UX is.
    2. Asking an interviewee to redesign their home page is extremely exploitative. Designing a made-up app for the sake of understanding design processes? Sure, makes sense. Asking for a new home page design for THEIR company? That's work you are asking the interviewee to do FOR FREE. There are no protections against them taking your design and using it.

At this point, I had already decided that I was not interested in such a company. However, I ended up going ahead and doing the redesign, because I really wanted experience with conducting a whiteboard exercise, which would have been the next step. The icing on the cake was that they ghosted me after thanking me for submitting my visual design. Never heard back from them after 8+ hours of free labor. Thanks for your professionalism, MAQ Software.

Also, on their website, they state that they give you two books written by the CEO upon hire and that they "advise you to not accept our position unless you have reviewed the books." This, on top of the Glassdoor reviews that consistently refer to the CEO as Mr. Lastname and praise him in fluffy, abstract ways is also strange to me.

As an interviewee, it was difficult to find substantive information on the company, and the interview process + the cult-like attitudes around the CEO just seem fishy and gross overall.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAQ Software.

Interview

Had 4-5 rounds, most checked algorithms and last one was HR. The rounds did not get more difficult with rounds, all of the rounds were of same level. They were quick in responding and at times I got a mail from them for next round within 30 minutes of completion of one interview.

Interview Questions

• Easy to medium level questions from leetcode.   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a short conversation at school career fair and then I was invited for an on-site interview. The interviewer had my resume with him and asked me about research project I had done. After that, I was asked to write SQL queries according to the situation given by the interviewer.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

The process was simple. 30 minute phone interview talking about projects I've done and benefits the company offer. Then, they invited me for on site interview. There were two sessions; first session was with a PM, talking about my past projects, and the second session was with a UX designer in the team. I did some design exercise with the designer on whiteboard. Then I was given design exercise and after I submitted, they contacted me asking about start date. However, all of the sudden, they said that they would pause this process and resume in April, which I had no idea what this was about. They were not very clear if I have received offer or not.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAQ Software in April 2015.

Interview

Emailing - Setup a time for a phone screen.
    Phone Screen - Asked why I was interested in the position. Asked if I had any questions about the position. I asked about work-life balance, as many have made negative reviews based on that aspect alone. I got a very dodgy response from the interviewer. He stated that it depends what position I am given (which didn't make sense since this screen was for the SDE position). I also was not prepared on why I was seeking a position at MAQ Software. I replied with a basic general response saying that I am entry-level and am interested in working on fast-paced projects. Overall, I got the idea that entry-level SDE are just there to communicate with their offices in India since I would have been given a Project Manager title.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. They ask you to go to one of the meeting room and they will come in and ask you a simple algorithm question, after that if they like you the hiring management will come in the room and chat with you to see why you wanted to join them

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will call you and give you a day for two to make the decision

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on my University's job website. A recruiter called me a few days later and we had an introductory phone conversation, and then a couple weeks later I went in for a technical interview.

At the technical interview I talked to a Software Engineer who asked me technical questions, and then I talked to the recruiter who I talked to on the phone about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The Software Engineer asked me how I would design the tables for a database that kept track of customer information and purchase information for an online shopping site.   Answer Question

Prokurist / Fachgebietsverantwortlicher für Verwaltung Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. It was an enjoyable interview process. There were no difficult technical questions, which was odd for a development position.

Interview Questions

• It was just a general technical question about how a database system could fail.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.