Marathon Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Marathon Oil Interview Questions

Interviews at Marathon Oil

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

Very comfortable interview; able to have a conversation and ask questions about the company that were clearly answered. Laid back. The gentlemen who conducted the interview were my supervisors and spoke very highly of the company and ability for growth.

Interview Questions

• My previous experience. Strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Cash Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to have a phone interview scheduled with the hiring manager/direct supervisor. Received an invitation for an in-person interview with 4 different managers. 3 separate 30 minute interviews. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to handle a difficult situation? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Advanced Geoscience Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online through a job website and was emailed a request for a preliminary interview at their office in Houston. The first interview was very informal and took place in the coffee shop at the base of the office building. The questions were very broad at this interview, it was intended as an initial meet-and-greet to get a "feel" for potential candidates and lasted just under and hour. Once that interview was completed, I waited about a week to hear back about the second round interview. The second round interview was a series of several individual interviews. The were four sessions with 2 interviewers in each session asking much more specific job-based questions. Each session lasted about 30 minutes. Once this process was completed I waited to hear back for another week but was, unfortunately, not given an offer.

Corporate Meeting Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Called in for an in-person interview, there was no phone screen by HR or the hiring manager. Was not contacted for the second round of interviews. Saw the job reposted about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working with challenging people   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

The interview itself was not so terrible but the experience overall was. I dealt with 4 different HR people. I kept getting kicked around from one to the other. I had to travel from out of state to interview and the HR person didn't even know this. When I asked about travel reimbursement they were clueless that I had to travel. I had to keep bringing the issue up until I finally got an answer. I pretty much had to find my own means of getting to the interview which ended up having to be on a Friday afternoon because I had to drive 8 hrs to get to it. The interviewers were pleasant but one did let me know they would rather have spent their afternoon elsewhere. The interview was a panel interview mainly dealing with technical questions regarding my experience. I did not get an offer or the courtesy of letting me know I didn't. Followed up a few times regarding the status of the job and got very vague answers. You would think given all the effort I put into getting to the interview I would get some feedback or reimbursed. Got neither.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to an online interview. One-way interview with the question popping up on the screen, about 30 seconds to prepare, then a few minutes to talk and answer the question. 7 or 8 questions, not terribly difficult.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marathon Oil in March 2018.

Interview

Applied for two different jobs months apart. Got the interview for both jobs. Both interviews went great and we’re over 1 hour long each. Did not get either job. But did receive emails stating they liked me but hired people in house and would contact me if there was another opening. Seems like an ok company. Never heard back when I saw another opening online. I didn’t apply I figured it was a waist of time they hired in house both the other times I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Interview

I did not no apply through my campus recruiting. I applied through Indeed.com. I heard back from them about 2 weeks later and then I was scheduled for an online prerecorded interview. I completed the interview in about 30 minutes. I then waited for about two more weeks and then I got a phone call from their HR representative and then I had a phone interview and right after the interview I got the offer from Marathon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • why did you choose petroleum engineering   1 Answer

Mail Room Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil in October 2017.

Interview

Concise, and filled with modern questions. Have to check in with security before. A 1-on-1 interview. Held in a meeting room. environment was nice and comfy. Interview went on for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to handle adversity in the workplace.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter at EXPO, and he encouraged me to apply on their website after submitting my resume to my school's job board. After applying online I received an invitation to complete a HireVue online video interview, where questions pop up, you have thirty seconds to read and prepare for the interview, and then up to 3 minutes to respond to each question. YOU NEED TO PREPARE. The questions were mostly behavioral, along with others. There were 7 questions in total, but I can't remember all of them.

Interview Questions

• Why Marathon over other oil companies?   2 Answers
    • Talk about a time two parties disagreed and what you did to resolve this issue?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you encountered a technical problem working with a team and how you tried to find a solution.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.