Maxim Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.0

Sort:

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Group (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Get the interview by Internal referral, They 1 phone screening and 1 on-site interview. All behavioral, they want someone who can talk on phone 24-7 and start pitching.

Interview Questions

• How many investors you have worked with? What do you think of sales? stc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxim Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was very easy to talk with management, They explained who they are and what they are all about along with their expectations. This is useful to anyone who is able to get a chance to interview. Expectations are important to what the whole process is. Your ability to bring in business will be key here. Every one I met was very professional.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The director came to me and ask many basic behavior questions. Like leadership, why Maxim, why IBD, and go through my resume. No hard questions. What is your plan in next 5 years, how can you improve current operation process. What is your expected salary etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Phone call with managing director. Not difficult, all behavioral. The job description was somewhat ambiguous and they did most of the talking. Have some good questions to ask and demonstrate your interest.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview - Interview went okay. I turned down the internship because it was unpaid and I had received a better offer. The interviewer seemed like a salesman who trying to sell me the position. He mentioned cold calling and quickly tried to cover it up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in private equity?   1 Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxim Group (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews with half a dozen people, including heads of departments (equities, derivatives, sales). Needed to provide references from clients. Pitch stocks, make presentations. Delineate role, tools, client lists, development plans.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxim Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Consisted of phone interviews and then brought in to interview in person. No real technical questions, they were more or less getting an idea of your personality. Fairly simple and straightforward, needed to know if you would fit in with the culture.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was two steps. First a phone interview then a 1:1 meeting. Very standard. The role I applied for was a bit misleading and wasn't quite the internship experience I was looking for.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Group.

Interview

Very casual. They are trying to sell themselves.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Definitely no technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They renigged on the amount they promised.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Group (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was relatively smooth. From initial interview through 2nd round and 3rd round, the team were professional and courteous. Thereafter, they conducted the screening for both background and drugs. An offer was sent after third round interview, which of course I accepted.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.