McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McAfee Interview Questions

Interviews at McAfee

Software Engineer Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Interview

Applied through their website. Talked with HR (fairly casual) before scheduling a phone screening over Zoom the following week. The connection was poor for the entire call, and made the interview very difficult.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Aug 2020 (1st Week) - Applied to the role via referral.

Aug 2020 (2nd Week) - Had a call with a recruiter to access the interest and fit for the role.

Aug 2020 (3rd Week) - Take Home Test

Aug 2020 (4th Week) - 2 rounds of phone interviews with the hiring manager and a partner team's manager. One interview was around the test home test, basic SQL, and visualization questions. The other interview was on problem-solving ( mostly business case centered around data).

September 2020 (1st Week) - 4 rounds of virtual interview.
    1. Data Scientist - Problem Solving ( Data, Experiments)
    2. Data Scientist - SQL (Joins, Sub Query, CASE)
    3. Director - Behavioral questions
    4. Manager - Behavioral questions

After the interview, I followed up with the recruiter. He told me that he received positive feedback from the interviewer and will get back to me by end of the week. After 1 week, I followed up again, but no response from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why McAfee ?
      2. Basic SQL and visualization.
      3. Few cases on how to identify the problem and design a solution.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee in June 2020.

Interview

A waste of time and unprofessional. Their recruiter canceled my interview 15 minutes after the interview was supposed to start. They said they would reach back out the next week with times to reschedule but they never did.

Senior Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Applied through referral.
    1) Had a phone interview about background and had take home assignment.
    2) Then had two interviews with the Manager and Sr Manager. Had positive feedback on my take home assignment
    3) Had onsite interview with 5 team members, had a positive conversation with all of them. After this, I was told this position is temporarily closed due to COVID and they will reach out once it is open. After a month I saw the same position online and reached back to the team and HR. No response, except for one team member who said they went ahead with someone else. Very disappointed with the interview process. Such a waste of time for someone who is putting so much of effort into the interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

Very straight forward, first call with the recruiter about my background, then I talked with a member on the team. No white boarding questions just general cs and sql questions.

Interview Questions

• Big O of hash map, How to use a select query in sql, how to use the join tables in sql.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

applied online, 3 phone interviews, in total it took about 4-5 weeks for completion. not difficult but be prepared to provide examples of technical knowledge. typically an in person interview would happen in one of the three interviews

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have, how would you take on a new account   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial recruiter call, followed by a 30min phone screen and a week later was called for onsite interview (3 rounds) each one hour. Couple of days later I had 4 series for WebEx interviews each lasting an hour. Another week later I had a final interview with someone from leadership. I was told that I was a finalist candidate and the recruiter will get back with updates soon. One week later he abruptly cancelled the job posting in McAfee career site with a message that the job has been cancelled. No courtesy to even send an email and let me know. What a total waste of time it was. Very very unprofessional. I would never ever work for this company. Being a senior level developer this is the worst experience by far I have had in my 10 year career. The whole process took a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• AEM, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target technical questions.   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Reston, VA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone interview process starts as a reach out email and schedule for a phone interview. First phone interview was with a recruiter, second with the HR director, finally in-person interview at the location.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Pretty long interview process. Took about a month, they take a week (or more) to get back to you after the first call. Kinda annoying to wait so long. 3 phone calls, 1 in person interview. They are very nice, just take a long time. Diversity seems to lack a little bit.

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few weeks. After I received an initial email my interview was the next day. I heard back a week later. It was a very quick phone interview with about 5 questions. The lady I interview with was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What three words best describe your personal brand   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.