McAfee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McAfee Interview Questions

Interviews at McAfee

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial recruiter call, followed by a 30min phone screen and a week later was called for onsite interview (3 rounds) each one hour. Couple of days later I had 4 series for WebEx interviews each lasting an hour. Another week later I had a final interview with someone from leadership. I was told that I was a finalist candidate and the recruiter will get back with updates soon. One week later he abruptly cancelled the job posting in McAfee career site with a message that the job has been cancelled. No courtesy to even send an email and let me know. What a total waste of time it was. Very very unprofessional. I would never ever work for this company. Being a senior level developer this is the worst experience by far I have had in my 10 year career. The whole process took a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• AEM, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target technical questions.   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Reston, VA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone interview process starts as a reach out email and schedule for a phone interview. First phone interview was with a recruiter, second with the HR director, finally in-person interview at the location.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Pretty long interview process. Took about a month, they take a week (or more) to get back to you after the first call. Kinda annoying to wait so long. 3 phone calls, 1 in person interview. They are very nice, just take a long time. Diversity seems to lack a little bit.

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few weeks. After I received an initial email my interview was the next day. I heard back a week later. It was a very quick phone interview with about 5 questions. The lady I interview with was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What three words best describe your personal brand   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

1st Phone Call with Recruiter

Reasons why I though the interview was poor.

1)I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions on my end.
    2) The interview was very "transactional". Even though I went through my career history that I thought clearly showed I had the experience needed, it seemed like the recruiter didn't even listen or look at my background as it was stated that they may need someone with more experience within a relevant industry while I had the requisite amount of experience clearly on my resume as well as explaining it myself.
    3) The call was also several minutes late.
    4) Represented the company poorly. Someone I know interned there and the negative comments they had proved to ring true just through the phone call.

I would not accept even if I had the opportunity to move forward.

Executive Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter. Phone interview with direct report. On-site interview in San Jose office with direct report, department head and Chief Marketing Officer. Final interview in Dallas with CEO

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Two phone call interviews, Two on site interviews: Once with 5-6 team members and once with VP of design. Was also given a design exercise, one during on site visit which was a quick white boarding session to see train of thought in problem solving. Design exercise was usability analysis of two pages from their web site.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness   Answer Question
    • If you were to create user flow for selling ABC product license, how would you go about it? (Whiteboard session)   Answer Question
    • Usability analysis of two pages from their web site   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McAfee (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Got in touch with the team lead hiring for the position, who himself refered me for it.

Short and simple screening round, tell me about yourself, why McAfee, any questions?

One on one with team lead was postponed 15mins before the interview but the lead was polite enough to call and convey the urgency of a meeting. Rescheduled 5 days later, on call with team lead he asked me only one question, how many years of experience I have. I had none, call ended quickly. I was surprised he never saw my resume before the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at McAfee?   1 Answer

Front-End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

After my phone screen, I was asked to come in for an onsite interview, which took roughly 3.5 hours long (I was told to be prepared to be there for that long). Everyone I spoke with asked general interview questions - "how do you handle conflict", "how do you handle feedback", "what are your strengths and weaknesses", etc. Then I was asked to join a WebEx, where I was asked several HTML/CSS/JavaScript questions.

Interview Questions

• What is "Semantic HTML"?   1 Answer
    • What is "Event Bubbling"?   1 Answer
    • What are "Anonymous Functions" and when would you want to use them?   1 Answer
    • What is "Closure"?   1 Answer
    • Which takes precedence - HTML elements or HTML IDs?   1 Answer
    • Which takes precedence - HTML IDs or HTML Classes?   1 Answer
    • What methods would you use to implement "Responsive Design"?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Interview

Two recruiters emailed me multiple times on LinkedIn. They spent two months emailing me to schedule a phone conversation, only to stand me up on the scheduled time. Very disappointed in the approach.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.