McAfee Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

McAfee Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2016

3.3

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with McAfee at a college fair and then they decided to set up a phone interview. This was pretty quick and was mainly focused on past experiences in school/work. When I went into the on-site visit, I was thrown a lot of heavy technical questions regarding networking, proxies, firewalls, etc, so make sure you study up before hand.

The interview took around four hours consisting of both a one on one interview as well as group/panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail exactly what happens when you type in a website name into your internet browser's URL field.   1 Answer

Had a much better offer from somewhere else.

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee in August 2016.

Interview

First i had the telephonic interview with the HR and after 2 weeks a technical phone interview after 1 and half month i had the telephonic interview with the Recruiting Manager and still waiting for the results.
    Technical Round, you need to prepare well, not so tough though.
    Everybody i spoke to was kind, Hope i get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an overview of your resume, education and work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took too long but everybody was kind

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee (Bengaluru) in August 2015.

Interview

I was disappointed with their interview process.
    lack of professionalism in interviewers.

I received a call from McAfee HR for an interview. I appeared for interview at Intel office in EGL Bengaluru campus.
    I had to wait for 30 minutes till for someone to come and accommodate me for interview process.
    Finally after 30 minutes two people came and took me to an interview room.
    They did not introduce themselves to me and directly started with interview.
    Initially i was under impression that they are local site facility people to show the interview room for candidates but later i found that they are going to take my interview.

One of the interviewer was full of attitude and was trying to insult me on each and every question.
    They started interview from MSS in TCP/IP and ended the interview with ARP.

At the end of each answer from my end both of these people were looking at each other and then smile. I was feeling humiliated.

They are not technically well versed in networking concept as well because the interviewer was arguing that he can ping a private IP of any computer located in LAN from internet with out any VPN of leased line connection. He also said that he can ping google's private IP address, when i tried to explain him that when you ping google.com it is google's public IP not private IP he was full of attitude.

In the end i told those people that i don't like there attitude and would like to stop the interview.
    I took my resume and left the company.

This was a job opportunity in my own domain but due to their behavior i feel humiliated and will not recommend this company to anyone in future.

Interview Questions

• If there is a latency in internet connection from your router then what would you adjust in TCP/IP header to resolve the problem?   1 Answer
    • Explain the process of ping from one private network to another private network when they are connected on internet (show arp process)   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.