Meraki Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Meraki Interview Questions

Interviews at Meraki

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Rudest experience of my life. Manager asked me for a time for a resume screen. I give him times available and he says he'll call but never tells me when. Then randomly calls the next week outside of a time that I was available. I ask him as a follow up if we could reschedule a time and he asks for my availability. He then never replies again and never calls.

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

A recruiter called first and then had interview with hiring manager. Basically the scenario is you troubleshooting a simple router on stick client environment where there is only a server and a host. The host can't reach internet and each issue you troubleshoot and fix, you go to the next question.

Interview Questions

• DHCP, DNS, vlan, ARP, 802.1Q, troubleshooting - layer 1 and layer 2, Access List.   1 Answer

Deal Desk Analyst Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

It took about a month for the overall process. It was a good learning experience. Good people and recruiter. 1) reached out by external recruiter on LinkedIn upon showing interest it was 2) Meraki recruiter took 30 minutes HR screening with basic questions. 3) 30 minutes with hiring manager on behavioural and past experience questions and fitment to the profile. 4) 2 hr case study with a panel on deal pricing and recommendations to the sales rep. 5) Asked me to share references from previous organisation, all went well and I did not receive the offer.

Sales Support Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meraki in April 2020.

Interview

This was for a contract role, but the recruiter briefly explains Meraki as a whole and makes it known they were acquired by Cisco, but their own entity with their distinct company culture. It is essentially entering data into a system for the sales team, that's about it.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki in March 2020.

Interview

1. phone call with recruiter to discuss role (~30 min)
    2. phone call with hiring manager, mostly focused on DS theory (~1 hr)
    3. take home assignment involving SQL portion and Python ML portion
    4. onsite with 4 team members, a mix of behavioral and technical (~3 hrs)

Note that I interviewed during COVID-19 so everything was done remotely. Overall a very smooth process

Interview Questions

• What steps would one take when dealing with a class imbalance in a classification problem?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Terrible. It took 3 times for the recruiter to actually call for my first interview. I was stood up twice by the same recruiter and had to reapply each time with zero communication for why she didn’t call during the scheduled time.

Then, during the in person interviews with multiple managers, the 3rd manager was 25 minutes late during back to backs. I ended up getting a bit tired but no coffee was offered while I was waiting. My 4th interview after late Manager ended was the interview that I lost the job and didn’t get an offer. After an hour and 50 minutes and 25 minutes of waiting with no coffee, my brain just didn’t process his technology questions quick enough and so I didn’t get the job. I believe if all the managers were on time, I would’ve gotten the job. Terrible experience

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you utilized multiple team members to close a deal?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process took 3 months. They were highly unorganized through 5 rounds of interviews. After I was recommended by their employees during the 5 sessions in-person interview, they took an additional 2-3 phone interviews as they didn't have spots open. Additionally, after I accepted the offer letter and quit​ my job, they pushed back the start date and rescinded the offer. (would not recommend them)

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The most horrible interview I have ever had - the most unprofessional with total unprofessionals . The recruiter was great and very pleasant, but the hiring manager.... you could tell this was her first interview - I was confused throughout the entire interview.

Free Trial Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

1. Phone interview
    It was short 30 min, that test the basic understanding of the network
    2. Technical interview
    It was an hour-long technical interview on DNS, ARP, STP and other fundamental Networking knowledge
    Also, a whiteboard question was present
    3. Group interview
    It was entirely on the Behavioral,

Interview Questions

• Foundational Networking Knowledge   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meraki.

Interview

Typical first round screening by HR - followed by a call with the hiring manager then a "rapid panel" discussion that was very well orchestrated and scheduled with 3 team members in the same day - yet no clear conversation or dialogue around what would transpire after that.

Interview Questions

• After 2 good calls with sales team members, the process led to a call with a "peer" and "technical" team member - neither of which displayed a lack of experience interviewing.

The "peer" talked mostly about himself and the great work he did - while the "techie" was new in his leader role and wanted to talk about how as a sales member I would interact with SE's etc.

In summary heard great things about this unit of Cisco but not sure they are on the right track.

HR was somewhat disengaged and non-responsive after this -   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.