Meraki Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Meraki Interview Questions

Updated 23 May 2019

Sort:

Consulting Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency. I first spoke with the agency and they introduced the role. After submitting my resume, I got a call a day later from the Meraki recruiter to set up an introductory call. That call lasted 20 minutes and he went over my career history, salary, and goals. The recruiter sent over a list of technical topics to prepare for during the next round.

My first real discussion was with an engineer. They asked about routing, wireless, security and mobile questions. It sounded like the engineer was reading off a set list of questions. I passed and the recruiter set up a video webex with the hiring manager. With the manager, we went over career history again, education, and some technical topics. A day later I got an email saying I wasn't selected.

I would have appreciated some feedback because I thought I did pretty well on all interviews. I'm not sure where I could have improved. Overall, average interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager via LinkedIn. After receiving the message, the process began with a brief phone conversation with the hiring manager. The second step in the process was a tech screen with an existing CSE. The third step was a meeting with the hiring manager. The fourth step was a call with a WW director. The fifth step was a set of on-site interviews in San Francisco with 2 directors and the hiring manager.

The entire interview process was very well organized. Recruiters at Meraki served as excellent points of contact from beginning to end. The various stages of the interview process look to examine your technical and sales skills as well as your personality and awareness of business trends. The process was long and very challenging, however it is evident that effort is being put in to find candidates with the proper fit.

Interview Questions

• Expect questions regarding LAN, WAN, WLAN and emerging technologies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Consulting Systems Engineer position on the Meraki website. A few days later I was emailed by one of the recruiters to setup a quick call to discuss the opportunity. The interview process was extremely well organized, very difficult, and an overall positive experience. The process included the following steps: 1) recruiter screen 2) technical screen 3) hiring manager interview 4) WW director interview 5) in-person 3 hour interview with 3 different individuals, expect a lot of whiteboading and scenario based questions. 6) reference check 7) background check 8) offer 9) new hiring gateway and setup for 2 weeks of training at the San Francisco headquarters.

The recruiting staff was on-point during the entire process and they did a great job moving this forward. Expect a pretty grueling interview process as you will be tested on business, technical, and culture.

Interview Questions

• Tons of technical questions, you need to know your fundamentals and understand when to say "you don't know". They don't expect you to know everything, they want to see that your are knowledgeable and to see how you react under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by HR to schedule the first interview, which was a technical screening. This was a 1:1 phone call. The second was a 1:1 technical video interview, with more layer 2/3 packet questions, and network fundamentals. The third interview was a 1:1 video interview, mostly to assess culture fit and personality. This was an informal conversation, with some generic interview-type questions.

After that was the final interview day, which consisted of three separate interviews. The first of these interviews was a sales scenario, the second was a whiteboarding session where you had to design a network based on requirements they gave you and then defend your design, and the third was more technical questioning.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a wireless environment for a high-density area, like an auditorium?   Answer Question
    • Describe everything that happens after you type google.com into a web browser and hit submit.   Answer Question

Consulting Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a bunch of interviews for a few different CSE Positions within Meraki. Be prepared to answer a bunch of questions on routing protocols. Even though some of these protocols are not even supported by their solution.

I had quite a few interviews that went very well. The last one was a disaster. The Interviewer was 10 minutes late to the call and was clearly distracted by something else going on. That being said it clearly wasn't my best interview performance either, but come on, I blocked an hour out of my day, the least you can do is give the candidate your undivided attention.

One other thing. Of the 6 interviews I took, and was told to make sure I was at a video enabled computer for the WebEx. Not ONCE did the Meraki employee turn their camera on.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

A recruiter from Meraki reached out to me via LinkedIn and we scheduled a phone interview with HR. I had four more phone interviews before flying to Meraki's HQ in San Francisco for four hours of face-to-face interviews. The on-site interview process consisted mostly of whiteboarding exercises. Every person I met along the way was very nice and engaging. I think everyone did a great job of testing your skills while making you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• One question I remember stumping me was how IPSec handles multicast traffic as I wasn't familiar with the answer.   Answer Question

Consulting Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meraki in October 2017.

Interview

Initial short recruiter call followed by 1-hour long tech screen. The tech call was VERY VERY in-depth on core route/switch technologies, with a little wireless and security peppered in. The tech screener was a 2x CCIE and said he had been given pre-written questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meraki.

Interview

Several interviews including phone, video conference, and onsite. Interviews ranged from situational questions, role play, and assessing technical understanding. In total I had 4 remote interviews and 4 onsite interviews. While the interviews were not easy it was a great experience and I really enjoyed the entire process.

Consulting Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meraki (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

It's a series of interviews via phone and WebEx with the last one being in person in SFO. I had my first technical interview with a CSE via phone, then I had a Skype interview with the SE Director.

The interview with the CSE was a slam dunk, he really liked my answers and the interview was still tough and technical, I just did really well.

Then I Skype with the SE director who is a dual CCIE. We started going really deep into MPLS and BGP, and a bunch of other really deep technical questions that the Meraki portfolio doesn't even support.

2 days late I got an email from HR letting me know they picked someone else.

Consulting Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meraki (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a rigorous one, but it's refreshing to see the focus on skills that are very applicable to a highly technical sales role. It's obvious that Meraki takes their people and hiring very seriously. Generally, the process is string of Webex conversations with people in various roles from technical to leadership. If you successfully progress through those, you then take a trip to San Francisco for a similar process except that the focus is more on role play scenarios and white-boarding.

Interview Questions

• Q: Much more creative than I'll articulate here, but basically "how do you respond when you don't know the answer".   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.