Meraki Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated Nov 24, 2019

3.5
Meraki General Manager  Todd Nightingale
Todd Nightingale
Pros
  • "Office has many great perks and amenities (free food, gym, etc(in 44 reviews)

• "Great perks, great people and training(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "And middle management is heavy with talentless people leaders(in 11 reviews)

• "Bay Area Cost of Living is TOO HIGH for the salary they provide for this position and they know it(in 10 reviews)

1. "support engineer"

I have been working at Meraki full-time

Pros

Great perks, great people and training

Cons

Salary paid can improve

Meraki2019-11-24
  2. "The best workplace you can ask for!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Sydney

I have been working at Meraki full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, flexible work, amazing colleagues and management team

Cons

None so far for 1.5 years

Meraki2019-11-21
  3. "Great technology and fun to sell"

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Meraki full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good atmosphere as a team

Cons

Will take time to grow inside the company

Advice to Management

None

Meraki2019-11-08

"great launchpad role"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun workplace, friendly culture, incredible product, mature sales motion, some very talented people in middle management, great benefits from parent company Cisco

Cons

lack of vision from upper management, increasingly corporate and HR-led culture, increasingly difficult to drive impactful change and receive recognition, some ineffective people in middle management, relatively low salaries for Bay Area

Advice to Management

stay focused on growing before competitive products catch up

Meraki2019-10-21

"So disappointed"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time for less than a year

Pros

The products are good (except the MX lol).

Cons

Lack of vision, mediocre managers. Coming from Cisco, I thought it would be the same or even better, but it has been a nightmare. It was a huge mistake coming here. How do you select your managers? They don't know the business, they don't have people skills, and I've heard several times from mine that I'm just a number. I can't believe I can not work from home or have ANY flexibility. It is a large call center with... cute dogs. If you have sales skills then don't apply here, they don't value them.

Advice to Management

Get proper management, follow Cisco lead, please!!!! The managers here don't inspire, especially the ISMs.

Meraki2019-11-21

"Change is not good, listen to your employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are able to build and ship features quickly that impress product management (even if they have critical bugs present), you'll do quite well.

Cons

If you care about building and designing features the right way (while paying off technical debt), you'll be sadly disappointed. A few engineers were hired to be technical leaders but quickly left when they found out they would actually be doing little leadership and instead be implementing a number of the features themselves. Even the features that do get built have little architecture or design behind them (and... instead are rushed out the door to say "we shipped it" and make a sale rather than delivering something that is stable and well-built). We were recently told that the dinner and transportation benefits would be dramatically reduced. A number of engineers voiced valid concerns, especially since some of the benefits were promised to them as part of their offer letters. Instead of listening to them, we were instead invited to take a training course on "How to Manage Change in the Workplace".

Advice to Management

Not all change is good; don't tell us "how to manage change". Instead listen to our valid concerns about the changes themselves.

Meraki2019-11-17

"Hiring freeze and evident growing pains"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Meraki full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are so many features to work on that you're constantly challenged and interested in your work. Although not without flaws, the products are cool and interesting.

Cons

There is an abundance of intrusion by Cisco into Meraki's previously small company culture. Senior leadership is unwilling to listen nor support our viewpoints about areas of improvement we should make. The salaries aren't as competitive as as other larger and more established tech companies. There's also a hiring freeze in place imposed by Cisco making teams struggle to find the resources needed to meet their... goals.

Advice to Management

Be clear and open with your teams, while also working to support them and their ambitions.

Meraki2019-10-25
  8. "Sales administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Meraki full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly environment and people. Free food and fun company culture.

Cons

Career progression can be stable as people do not leave the organisation.

Advice to Management

Fair and equality. No to favouritism.

Meraki2019-10-28

"Support Management is a sinking ship"

Former Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Meraki full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Typical bay area perks (catered lunch, unlimited snacks, on-site gym, company parties/events, etc.) - People outside Support are amazing - Mission Bay location - Cisco perks (401k match, health benefits, etc)

Cons

I might be biased since I've only been in the Support team within Meraki, but oh my, this department is a mess. The Support managers and directors are being treated like kings meanwhile everyone else is their subjects. Managers can work remotely anywhere they want but it's so hard for us in tech support to even work from home. Managers keep reinforcing 'policies' and rules but they never listened to our feedback,... constant reviews and feedback forms were sent out but there was no action around it. No diversity within the support department - for the entire department you can tell they're majority males. I've seen so many people left the Support team and managers are not doing anything about it. Some of the managers are like puppets to the higher-ups, these young managers don't even get proper training on how to manage people - all they did was to execute orders. FYI - The support department in Meraki pays really low compared to other companies. Don't expect a raise even after your 1-year anniversary (or even your 2nd or 3rd year). The managers will constantly lie about not getting enough budget from Cisco, but the truth is they're using that budget to give new hires better pay to fulfill their goal of employee retention because according to their logic giving better pay to new hires will retain them. They never paid attention to the current employees. You can try other departments within Meraki, but if you have a networking background, please do yourself a favor and avoid the Support team at Meraki.

Advice to Management

- Take care of your current employees, do something to keep them - Please get that office politics away from Meraki, it's obvious that the managers are playing favoritism - Be transparent and genuine about your team. You're a manager, not a puppet

Meraki2019-11-07

"Growth challenges, but still a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Meraki full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Supportive Manager who is interested in my success and growth - Plenty of snacks to keep you going throughout the day - The company actively is working on improving alignment and communication throughout all departments

Cons

- Workload vs. compensation seems to be a reoccurring challenge - Accountability & recognition could be improved - Transportation options to HQ are limited and difficult given the location - Consumption of training/on-boarding information is inconsistent and we've lost the encouragement to trying to find an answer before asking it

Advice to Management

Continue to work on aligning the company and each department's goals. We're moving in the right direction! Encourage your team/staff to be open to learning more about programs, processes, and team functions within the company. I see this more commonly in sales, but understanding the company operations as a whole can help us work better together.

Meraki2019-08-28