Monroe Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Monroe Community College

Sort:

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monroe Community College (Rochester, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Canned questions with a team of interviewers, very impersonal and did not relate to my area of expertise. Wondered if I was called in for the wrong interview because the questions were so different. Interviewers were very methodical.

Interview Questions

• About my experience in higher education   1 Answer

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monroe Community College (Rochester, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

You go to Corporation for National and Community Service website and create your application which consists of basic information about you, your experiences, motivational statement, and some other writing responses. Pick one or more programs you are interested in and submit your application directly to them. Each program you applied for will contact you via email or phone to schedule an interview. Your interview can be in-person or on the phone, depending on how close you live to the base of the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership skills. Give me an example when you worked in a team. What do you think will be the most difficult part of working with populations unlike your own? How would others that you know describe you? Tell me about your previous experiences that relate to this field/position and how they might help you in this role? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monroe Community College (Monroe, NY (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

First initial interview was over the phone, and I would describe it like a speed dating interview. They asked me 5 questions. The meeting was limited to 15 minutes. They could not deviate from reading the scripted questions. I received a call back for an on-campus interview. I was asked to prepare a classroom presentation. I was struck by their negativity toward their student population as they "pretended" to be their students to try to see how I would handle difficult classroom experiences. I found the entire experience to be a waste of time. I find it troubling when campuses bring folks there with no intention of hiring them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student came to class high/drunk?   1 Answer

Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monroe Community College (Rochester, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about 5 hours long. It consisted of multiple interviews including one with the Director, one with the AD, one with the hiring committee, and one with some RAs. Interviews were broken up with a tour and lunch with the other RDs.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.