NEPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NEPC Interview Questions

Interviews at NEPC

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEPC in March 2019.

Interview

2 rounds, phone with HR, then on-site. The phone interview with HR was normal, then I met 3 people for on-site interview, and had a quiz, which I didn't prepare. I didn't hear anything back after 3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEPC (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Skype interview with four people, 30 mins each. Everyone's questions were all the same. Some of the interviews were short and it seemed like a few people were unprepared. I wished there had been a preliminary phone interview that included salary and described the job duties in more detail. I didn't find out salary until I spoke with the HR rep who was the last interviewer. The salary is low and the work is more data entry rather than data analytics, which I would not have been able to know just based on the job posting online. I have not heard back in about a month so I'm assuming it is a no. I feel like I wasted my time interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength/weakness?
      Favorite book?
      If you were shrunk and trapped in a blender, how would you get out?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NEPC.

Interview

Met with several team members and in person and phone interviews. Scenarios were described and I had to determine what steps I would take to achieve goals. Human Resources was very helpful in coordination meeting and interviews.

Interview Questions

• If I could go to only one place, where would I travel to and what would I be doing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NEPC (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I came in to interview with a bunch of other candidates, sat through a presentation on the firm, and then took a 30-minute quiz on very basic finance (e.g. "if I buy a stock for $40 and a year later it has risen to $44 and I receive a $1.50 dividend, what is the overall return on my investment?"), some common Excel functions, and a brainteaser or two. After that, I had three 1-on-1 interviews with an HR person and two senior employees who asked me nothing but generic interview questions. All three interviewers seemed bored and uncomfortable the entire time. About 2 weeks went by with no communication and I had to consistently pester HR to get a copied-and-pasted rejection letter from an assistant. THEN less than a week later I was contacted to come in and interview for the same position but with a different group. This time I was sent an application to fill out, whereas last time I had just sent a resume and cover to the HR email and was contacted for an interview shortly after. I was also informed of whom I'd be speaking with, a detail that'd been left out last time. I didn't take the quiz again and my interview experience was somewhat more positive the second time around, but again I had to prod HR to find out whether a decision had been made. I asked for some honest feedback since I had interviewed twice in under a month with no luck, and the response was "We wish you all the best." I got the distinct feeling that I had wasted my time, and, that maybe they had already chosen a candidate before my interview but needed to fill a quota before making a hire or some other HR nonsense. From the employee reviews on Glassdoor, it seems likely that I could've expected the same kind of treatment were I hired.

Interview Questions

• "How would you go about calculating the sum of a group of values in Excel?"   1 Answer

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEPC.

Interview

Phone call Screening then in person they give u a quiz. They a didn't hire me because I didn't use my phone to cheat on the Quiz. Company has no values. Image those that cheated work there now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NEPC (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I met with 3 people total. Two senior performance analysts and an HR representative. Kind of disorganized process; The HR rep i was supposed to meet with was in a meeting and I had to sit there and wait for about 20 minutes between interviewers. They gave me a quiz that nobody told me about, but it was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between an investment manager and a custodian bank?   Answer Question

RFP Writer/Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEPC (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Lots of questions on previous marketing experience and knowledge of marketing tools/financial industry.

The interviewer was entirely unprofessional. Yawned 6 times LOUDLY over the phone, very uninterested, lots of pauses and not engaged in the conversation whatsoever.

The most unprofessional Senior HR generalist I've ever talked to.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NEPC (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

First, Phone interview.
    Then, on-site interview. It was one-on-one with four people--Human Resources, two analysts, and a partner.
    It was all behavioral questions, looking to see how interested I was in NEPC.

BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEPC (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

1 round of phone interview following by 2 in-person rounds. Pretty quickly moving process took literally only 2 weeks to complete it. Really friendly Interviewers who make me feel open up and speak batter about my prior experience which also give them opportunity to testify me for their job requirement.

Interview Questions

• No unusual questions, Prior job experience related and job requirement related tech questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted by HR, who were exceptionally professional throughout the entire recruitment process. Normal first round phone interviews focused on topical issues of the industry and the position, as well as standard HR stuff. Then, one of the interviewers forgets to call me! I was a bit annoyed as it is difficult to get time off in the middle of the week in the industry, but these things happen...

It was when I was asked to come in for interviews, when things took an odd turn. The first interviewer had his feet on the desk while asking me totally random questions. Another interviewer, the one who had forgotten my phone interview, started off by telling me about the other career opportunities (in other companies) had zero interest in interviewing me. After that, I did not hold too much hope for the other interviews, among which was an old school finance guy who aggressively challenged everything I said, and the head of the department, who was actually pretty solid and organized. In addition, I met briefly with some of their other employees, who were nice and professional, as far as I was able to tell.

I was confused after the interviews, as while I couldn’t help laughing at some of the interviewers, I was mad that I wasted two full days in total for this type of company while simultaneously forced to put in 80-hour weeks in my job at the time. Obviously, I did not get the position and it took forever for them to inform me about their decision.

I would recommend looking somewhere else first, if you have a chance, as most of the NEPC professionals that I met were absolutely not tier 1 guys, and you might have better opportunities somewhere else.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.