NHS Blood and Transplant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NHS Blood and Transplant Interview Questions

Interviews at NHS Blood and Transplant

2.9

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Blood and Transplant (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Absolutely appalling interview for a senior post. Started with being sat in a room for 30 minutes to come up with a presentation (no prior notification of subject). Ok, I thought, trying the 'under pressure' angle. During the rest of the interview it was clear that they had not actually reviewed my CV or experience, and the role that they were actually interviewing for was very different to that advertised. So much so, that my experience wasn't relevant. Wasted a day's leave and expense of travel to attend a shambles.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS Blood and Transplant (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Single stage interview.2 Interviewers - 20 questions (10 questions per interviewer). It was from the printed list of generic questions. Only one of which referred to the role, most questions asked for specific examples.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NHS Blood and Transplant (London, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

Approached directly by a recruiter who saw my CV on a job site. This was for a contract position. I was screened over the phone by the recruiter, who wanted to check I had relevant experience in healthcare. The interview was a face to face with a member of the senior management team and the senior business lead for the project. 1 hour interview

Interview Questions

• Share a situation from your recent work experience when you had to work with healthcare professionals to convince them to do something they don't want to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Understand how common or rare your skillset is to and negotiate accordingly.

Senior PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Blood and Transplant (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Odd interview process. I had an audio typing test which was described as just a typing test, no mention of audio. Had to listen to a very strong welsh accent woman discuss suitability of a person to donate blood with a few medical terms chucked in. Was difficult being in a lively office with people talking nearby. The interview itself had very few structured questions. About 20% of the questions seemed to relate to the job role itself. Was told a couple of hours later which made me think they already had someone in mind. Proof of qualifications not copied and the interviewers made no notes during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have helped someone through a difficult time?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with workplace bullying (or something to that effect)   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Blood and Transplant (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Very quick and easy checked driving licence interview panel consisting of transport manager, human resource manager and operations manager. Interview lasted 45 minutes of various questions and general small talk.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Blood and Transplant in April 2017.

Interview

Did an online application, look a while to get back to me (due to volume of applicants), the interview had straightforward questions revolving around their core values. There was also a tour and a test.

Donor Carer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Blood and Transplant (Basildon, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Assessment/session visit comprising of tour of duties, explanation of the role, short assessment papers and one practical test. If successful followed by formal interview panel comprising 2/3 interviewers asking standard and role specific interview questions. Also checking that you had gained full understanding of the role following the previous step. No real curveball questions included to throw you off or keep you on your toes.

Interview Questions

• How would you quickly build a rapport with customers(donors)?   1 Answer

Higher Healthcare Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Blood and Transplant (Sheffield, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

On arrival I was asked to sit two ten minute tests. Very simple, and involved basic maths and cross checking the information and highlighting discrepancies. The interview was conducted by a panel of 3 senior members of staff. Each person asked a few questions and they mainly revolved around my own skills (laboratory based) and what I thought I could bring to the job. It felt quite rushed towards the end as they had started late and had another candidate to interview. While the interview was fairly relaxed, all communication ceased after I left, and I was not provided with any feedback even after requesting it. I was also suprised that they were interviewing candidates over 3 days and so had invited a lot of applicants to interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you understand about our values?   1 Answer

Head of Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS Blood and Transplant (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview panel consisted of two marketing managers and a human resources manager. The job description indicated that I would be in charge of a team of 8 analysts but I was told at the interview that I would not be managing anyone. I was told by the human resources manager that a lot of people "bounce off the organisation", implying that the organisation hired and fired lots of people. Finally I was offered a salary half the market rate.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.