NXP Semiconductors Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at NXP Semiconductors

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Tempe, AZ (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a nice phone interview where I spoke with the lab manager and a few of the senior engineers. Each had a turn to ask me about my resume and my experience and I had time with each individual to ask them any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your time at each of your work experience.   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then a video call with both the hiring manager and the marketing director. I received an email from the recruiter 2 weeks after with an offer letter.

Equipment Engineer, Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There are three different time-slots that you are put in which divide up the interviewers and each get time with their escorts to tour the factory. My experience was a tour of the factory then going to my two one hour interviews. Right after interviews was a lunch and then after lunch was time to present your presentation that you are expected to put together. Your last stop is with the HR rep. This is an all day process but the interview panel were very nice and make you feel comptable to be yourself and not to be nervous, which helps with the presentation process.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an experience that you've experienced cross-functional collaboration's?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us about a strength/weakness that you have?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Chandler, AZ (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview took about 3 hours. 4 one-on-one interviews with 3 technical part and 1 HR. The first interviewer is Sr. Director, who is very friendly and asked some behavior questions, not so many technical ones. The other two interviewer are Sr. Engineers I guess. They asked some simple technical questions from your resume. If you prepared your resume very well, you should be able to answer easily.

Entry Level Verification Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors.

Interview

The process took around 2-3 weeks. I received an email about position opening form Senior Manager and we Scheduled an interview. It was an introductory interview along with some Technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work at NXP?   2 Answers
    • Questions based on my resume, the projects I did in my academics   2 Answers

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone Screen Interview, combination of normal interview questions and some technical questions. Did not get an offer, told to redo my resume so it reflects my knowledge and experience with Silicon Devices Manufacturing.

Interview Questions

• What type of Equipment did you use in the past?   1 Answer

HR Generalist Interview

Application

Interview

I was contacted about 3 weeks after I had initially applied. The recruiter set up a phone screen between herself and I, and it went well. The recruiter then told me that she would be setting up a call with the hiring manager. I had to reach out about a week later for an update, and at this time she scheduled a call and told me I would no longer be meeting with the hiring manager but the VP of HR. I did my research, and the day of the interview I get an email stating that I was actually going to have a call with two other generalists that day instead of the VP. Not a problem, I can be flexible. That day I had my interview with the two generalists over the phone and I thought it went pretty well. A few days later I sent a follow-up thank you email to the recruiter to forward on to the generalists I spoke with. I received an email simply stating "done :) " before another week of silence. I reached out for an update, no response. A few days later (on a Friday) I reached out again asking for an update, to which the recruiter responded that the team would be meeting that day and that she should have feedback for me on Monday. It is now Friday. I sent another email asking for an update on Wednesday and never received a response. I was very excited about the possibility of working at NXP but this was an absolutely terrible candidate experience. I have never had to reach out for updates so many times only to then be completely "ghosted". I will be sure to let others considering NXP as an employer know about my candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my HR background and the different areas that I had experience in.   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied in January during the career fair. They emailed me 5 months later in May for a phone interview. 2 weeks later, I was invited to go to a site interview. The site interview consisted on several panel interview and some 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What if your boss asks you to do something that you believe it will be unsuccessful or unsafe?   1 Answer
    • Are you competitive?   1 Answer

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Chandler, AZ (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

One phone screen with the manager , asking my background and interests and basic questions
    Follows by highly Technical onsite interview , a total of 5 rounds , with 7 Senior Engineers.

Interview Questions

• Questions from Resume,
      Behavioral Questions,
      Lots of Digital Logic Design Questions
      CMOS Device Questions.
      Verification Scenarios   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Multiple interviews with the engineering and HR people. There are some behavior questions and technical tests. The presentation time was short to explain everything. Most of the people are very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• mostly about the resume.
      some technical questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.