NXP Semiconductors Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at NXP Semiconductors

2.9

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter and manager were very friendly and communicative. The phone screen and the follow up took about a week and the personal interview was setup a week later and the results took another week. The interview involved 11 people and was a panel interview in groups of 2, for over 4-5hrs. The team was very friendly and I had to decline the offer for personal reasons but it was a very good team to work with.

Interview Questions

• Your work experience in latest technology, design process, tools used, issues seen and how they were resolved   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at a career fair and got a call about the interview later that day. The interview was held the next day on campus. Questions were mainly about my background, interests, and projects that I've worked on. There weren't really any hard technical questions. Interviewer was nice and seemed genuinely interested in my answers to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose electrical engineering?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview - kind of technical. Ask about how JTAG and I2C physical connection.
    On-Site - Describe how the I2C work, software and hardware wise. Explain how SDIO work. Show how to do strcopy in C.
    Take home - given a MCU starter kit and provide a working C code to demonstrate ability to understand MCU.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors in February 2019.

Interview

An email to have an appointment for an interview. A few days later I had the interview with the head of the team. It took about 40 mins. The staff was very nice.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic of pmos and nmos. RISC ans CISC. Very simple and basic.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Was a one to one interview with a fairly senior guy. I had been expecting technical quesitons, but got none of that. Was only asked behavioral questions, ran through my resume and asked followup questions based on what I said. Nothing technical. Asked me some situational questions like how I would handle teams.

Interview Questions

• Can you mention a time when you overcame a failure and how you did so?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by the univesity recruiter for a phone interview. After about 3 weeks I was contacted again to interview with the manager of the department I was applying to work with. During that time the recruiter gave me updates about the timeline. I received an offer about a week after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a diffficult coworker/customer, and how did you resolve the conflict?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Chandler, AZ (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview for an internship is just telephonic, for the full time you have to go through full-day onsite interviews but for most of the companies, just telephonic will suffice. Depends on compnay to company it can be either one or two rounds.

Interview Questions

• Questions will be from your resume. If you have worked on some projects which they are looking for they will more focus on that. But also, prepare for the fundamentals, as almost all the companies will ask this.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors.

Interview

I dropped in my resume during a career fair. I had two rounds of interview one with the hiring manager and another with a senior engineer. After the second interview I heard back from them with the offer in a couple of days. The whole process was pretty smooth and took very little time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly based on my projects and work experience   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with four people from the department. The first started with insults and lies right off the bat and continually checking his phone for the full half hour. I would have stood up and walked out after about five minutes except that I was working with an external recruiter and did not want to burn that bridge. The remaining three interviewers were nothing but pleasant. However, I would not have accepted an offer even if one had been extended.

Interview Questions

• Various technical questions. Personality fit questions.   1 Answer

CAD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors.

Interview

Technical interviewers were easy going, they would give you hints or lead you if you have no clue. Asked about hardware test related questions, include what to test, how to test, what could be reasons if result is not as expected. Require basic knowledge about circuit schematic diagram, wireless communication transceiver diagram, noise figure, link budget calculation, sensitivity, testing equipment (e.g. VNA, Spectrum analyzer, etc.), basic C++ or C#

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.