Nando's UK & IRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Nando's UK & IRE Interview Questions

Interviews at Nando's UK & IRE

2.1

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in November 2020.

Interview

Good interview however I booked for 6:00 pm instead of 4:00 pm and I arrived early for the interview (like anyone would) and the hiring manager thought I was a good hour and 40 minutes late for the 4:00 pm one. So I don't understand how this happens.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior experience.   1 Answer

12 Nov 2020 – Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for your review - sorry to hear about your experience. You've come through to Nando's UK we're afraid, you can contact our team in New Zealand directly via their Facebook page if you'd like them to look into this and get back to you >> https://www.facebook.com/NZNandos

Deputy General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE.

Interview

I applied on their website and I was contacted a few days later, and asked to choose a time slot for my phone interview, which I did.
    On the day of the interview, a gentleman called me 20 minutes before our appointment, to tell me he had a meeting and he wasn't able to do my interview. He asked me if we could postpone it to the day after, and we scheduled a phone interview for the following day at the same time.
    Nobody ever contacted me again, not with a phone call, not with an email, nothing. I can just assume I didn't get the job, but not because anyone expressly told me. This gives me an idea of how respectful they are and of how they're used to treat people, so I guess this was a real lucky escape.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, as the interview didn't take place.   1 Answer

3 Nov 2020 – Nando's UK

Hey, sorry to hear about this. We've been informed the interviewer tried to get back in touch with you following this but there was no answer on the phone - they are more than happy to speak to you if you can get back in touch with them when you have a chance.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The most fun interview process I ever had!

I first met with a manager who asked some questions about myself and told me more about the job.

Then, I came for an interview where I was grouped with other people and we had very fun tasks to complete together.

Then, I had an additional interview with a manager and a team member.

Finally, I came in for a shift trial which allowed me to have a foretaste of the job to see if it was something I could handle.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (London, England (UK)) in September 2020.

Interview

The interview process included an application form to fill out personal details and a phone call interview. I applied through indeed where you can build an online CV and add any skills. Nandos were hiring kitchen assistants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE.

Interview

First step was a phonecall. Just a formal chat.

From this I had an in resturant interview, another formal chat, I got the day wrong but they were lovely.

Then an assessment day with about 20 other applicants, including games and challenges. You can't really prepare for this but let your personality shine through, work as a team and let your voice be heard.

Really good experience oveall.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anyone who works here? - How would they describe you?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (London, England (UK)) in March 2020.

Interview

The worst interview process ever.

every interaction took at least 1 week, constantly had to chase the HR for a reply. which indicates how chaotic they really are as the HR is supposed to represent the best of the company to the outside world/

the salary they offer considering the amount of firefighting and oncall duty you would have to do is very low compared to other roles in the market, its almost embarrassing.

my suggestion is either to totally avoid or if you go with an interview, try to get an offer and use the offer to negotiate a better rate with a more reputable organization that you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• 1 phone interview just talking about the project, I was told that they had a terrible legacy system written in .net and they had to constantly firefight to support the daily business and if coming along on call would be just part of the job.

1. coding test the usual, mars rover kata. the person who reviewd the code was totally unaware of latest best practices and so picky about the smallest things, basically unless you write the code they way he would you wont pass this stage, a total waste of time.   1 Answer

2 Apr 2020 – Nando's UK

Hey, many thanks fir your review. We're sorry to hear you felt it wasn't a positive experience - we understand you were informed around the reasoning behind the delay in providing feedback, but we have made sure your comments have been passed to the relevant teams. Hope all is well with you now.

Crew Member/Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone interview first, then a 1-1 interview and then a trial shift. Quite a lengthy process for a low skill job but was a very casual 1-1 interview. Have not been for trial shift yet

Interview Questions

Nando's UK & IRE Response

10 Mar 2020 – Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for your review. Pleased to see you felt it was a positive experience, but we'll make sure your feedback is passed on to our Talent Acquisition team. Shame to see you didn't accept the offer but best of luck in your next role.

Nandoca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

really easy, a few situational questions. They look at how you answer them and your personality. You have a telephone call to say you've been accepted, then a face to face interview that lasts no more than 40 mins.

Interview Questions

Nando's UK & IRE Response

18 Feb 2020 – Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for letting us know about your recruitment process. Pleased to hear it was a positive one - hope all is well with you now.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wokingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE (Wokingham, England (UK)).

Interview

It was easy going interview with the manager. the process took 1 week after and i applied for the job. it was a morning interview so relaxed and free mood .

Interview Questions

Nando's UK & IRE Response

15 Jan 2020 – Nando's UK

Morning, thanks for letting us know about your interview process. It's a shame you declined the offer, but we hope all is well where you are now.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nando's UK & IRE.

Interview

I had a Skype interview - It didn't last long and it was very relaxed. I got asked generic questions such as greatest acheivement and why, and some more specific such as if you were to add a new meal to the Nando's menu what would it be.

Interview Questions

• If you were to add a new meal to the Nando's menu what would it be?   Answer Question

10 Jan 2020 – Nando's UK

Morning, many thanks for letting us know about your recruitment process. Hope the role is going well.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.