National Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

National Instruments Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I got email from HR to set up a time to talk. I replied it and the HR called me on time. I was asked about several simple questions such as status, goals, etc. HR said resume would be forwarded to hiring manager. But I didn't get any result. I think my experience didn't fit very well.

Graduate Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Phone Screen followed by various video and in person interviews. I completed the phone screen and as passed onto the MS Teams interview with one interviewer--an engineering leadership program manager at NI.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen is all behavioral--time I experienced conflict, time I went above and beyond to help a customer, time I embodied NI's corporate values, etc.

Video interview is supposed to be mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Product Offering Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me asking for a phone call. We chatted for a short time mostly about what I was looking for. The recruiter mentioned it might take a couple weeks to get back to me. I've heard nothing and its been over 2 months. I understand ghosting if I initiate the conversation, but not if the recruiter sought out the candidate.

Interview Questions

• General background questions and what I would look for in a future position.   Answer Question

RF Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Talked to recruiter. Scheduled the phone interview with hiring manager . We talked mostly about job role and some behavioral questions. Second round was with 2 different team members on Audio call over MS Teams. Even it was Audio call only as per recruiter , one of the Interviewer switched to Video and expected somehow me to switch on the Video. Not professional. One of them asked only 1 component question. Second engineer didn't ask any question. A week later recuriter called and provided feedback that I am good at component level but don't fit on systems level. Guess what , no one asked systems questions so how do you know if I know systems or not ? What a madeup feedback. If they don't want to hire , why would they waste time of candidates.

Interview Questions

• RF amplifier related question . P1,P3 dB. Gain expansion.   Answer Question

ELP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments (Norman, OK (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I first met with them at the career fair in October and then had an on campus interview the next day. They are currently going through major changes in the company right now so I didn't have my next interview till January. I am currently still in the process.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

They asked one behavioral interview question then two technical interview questions. The technical questions were embedded systems questions. One was about a FIFO and the other was about how you'd manipulate data from a piece of hardware.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a bug you encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Interview process involved two phone calls. One was introductory and the second was an interview with standard interview questions. Some of the questions were technical and some were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• How would you find a missing number in a randomized array with numbers 1-100 .   Answer Question

ELP Engineer Interview

Interview

I somehow managed to get to the second round of interviews; however, they never scheduled one with me. At first, they said it was a mix up in management and that I should wait a bit longer. I did. After a while, I tried to reach out to figure out what was happening, no one ever got back to me. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If I wanted to record myself using a microphone and produce sound on a speaker, how would I go about doing so?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Brief behavioral questioning, and lots of technical questions based on mechatronics knowledge. The recruiters were nice and made you feel comfortable. They provide you help if you get stuck on a problem and will help you to the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Presented a hypothetical business and asked what equipment would need to be used for a given scenario   Answer Question

ELP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments in September 2019.

Interview

talked to them at career fair. One of the guys then gave me a call at 8.30pm that same day to tell me to come in for an on campus interview the next day. The interview wasn't hard at all especially if you go through the interview questions on here first. Same format: 1 software, 1 hardware. They took forever to get back to you after the interview (over a month). I think they look for confidence more than a right answer. So even if you don't know something, talk like you own it. I just knew this position wasn't a fit for me since it's a technical support role (look up Application Engineers). I only came in for a practice, didn't even apply. If you wanna do hands on engineering designs, this is not for you

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.