National Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

National Instruments Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

on campus interview first, then bring to their main campus at TX

Interview Questions

• easy technical question, but the behavior questions are relatively hard to answer.
      question 1: wave , sampling and frequency
      question 2: edge detection   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

I got call from NI after applying at Career fair of my college. I interviewed with National Instruments couple of days back. Questions were pretty easy. There were several behavioral questions followed by some HR questions about my interests etc concluded by 2 technical questions.
    1. How do u shuffle a deck of cards ?
    For both these questions I had to write code in C/C++.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do u shuffle a deck of cards ?
       Write code.   Answer Question
    • 2. Given a binary tree find the avg of numbers in the tree - both recursive/iterative approaches.
       Write code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

ask about some basic programming, string comparison, recursion, design question, research, previous experience( what is the hardest question you come across), and language(which programming language you prefer, and how do you rate your experience on that ) However, I didn't prepare so well and failed on some question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2008.

Interview

My first interview was at my university, they asked me one programming question. After that first interview they called and asked if I could meet them for a second interview that same day in the afternoon, it was another programming question. After a few days I received an email inviting me for th onsite interview. The onsite visit took all day, and it consists on 3 invterviews with programming and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• write a program to find the distance between any two nodes in a binary tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Was paired with a sponsor for the entire weekend that I was flown to Austin. He guided me through the all day interview process. I participated in three interviews. Each was approximately 1.5 hours with a different group within the company. Each started off with a few soft skill questions and quickly moved to technical questions. All interviews had at least one major question that would take 15-25 minutes to work through and provide a solution. Interviewers encouraged verbalization while working on problems. Seeing your thought process and how you tackled problems was their main goal. Each interview usually had two people from the group.

There were several breaks and presentations between interviews. The whole process was well streamlined and you were given a good picture of what the work environment was like. Was taken out to dinner twice and my sponsor did an excellent job of showing me around Austin. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• You need to determine if a spinning disc is rotating clockwise or counterclockwise. The disc has been painted with a black and white pattern. You have a sensor that can sample the disc and determine if the disc at that instance in time is black or white.   1 Answer

The benefits were excellent but the salary and vacation were average for someone with my experience. I ended up with another offer that had more potential for quick advancement and profit sharing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

The interviewer is a really nice lady. She first asked me about my projects appeared in my resume. We have talked some technical problems arised by each other. Then she asked me to solve a problem based on binary tree in both recursion and iterative ways. It is not hard. Then she asked me about the most intereting bug I have ever met. Then it is finished . One hour long.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting bug I have ever met   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online, around 2 or 3 weeks later I got an email from NI for a phone interview. I got the email in the morning and we scheduled the interview for that same afternoon. A senior engineer asked me some work status, behavioral, and technical questions. It was 55 minutes long.
    After I got the email I appeared in the National Instruments system as “Under consideration”. Next morning, after my phone interview, my status was ” Not Selected”. I didn’t hear from them again. I believed I answered well 1.5 out of the 3 main technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions:
      - Talk about the worst bug you have had.
      - Which language do you prefer (They don’t really use Java, mostly C++/C#)

Technical Questions:
      -If you are designed an mp3, how will you shuffle a music list? Suppose the list is 10 songs? Suppose now the list is 10.000 songs?
      -If you are designing and text editor from zero, what data structure will you use to save the text? How will you manage the memory?
      -If you have a binary tree, how will you calculate the average of all the nodes in the tree? The binary tree can have many nodes. Write a code that will give average of the sum in binary tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I went to the job fair and talked with one of the recruiters. He handed me a sheet to apply online and I applied. I was called in for in an interview. I was asked technical questions and a little bit of behavioral questions as well. The interviewer was nice and it was a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• He asked me how I would shuffle a deck of cards in C++. THen he asked me how I would reverse a linked list.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments in September 2014.

Interview

I got the interview on campus, The recuriter is very nice, during the interview, he asked some behavior questions and very standard data structure question about tree, no design question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Initially gave them my resume at a university career fair. I was asked to interview with them on campus that Friday. Second time I had interviewed with them and they asked the same questions as the first time. Neither time did they hire me. I thought I had done well in the interview, especially the second time, but there must have been a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that shuffles a deck of cards   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.