NextGen Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NextGen Healthcare Interview Questions

Interviews at NextGen Healthcare

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare (Horsham, PA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview(s) were positive as my background was a great match to the role. Afterward, I was then asked to provide available dates to come back in. What followed was a series of delays, apologies, etc. as follow-ups kept getting pushed off. Eventually they "ghosted" me and I accepted elsewhere.

Very unprofessional and inconsiderate. It is understandable that things change, other candidates may move into lead position, etc. That does not excuse ghosting people who have taken a day to come to your site and meet with you. It does not excuse never following up that role has been filled, candidate is no longer being considered, etc. If this is how NextGen treats people during courtship, I can only imagine how they treat people after the marriage.

Interview Questions

• Outlined some of the challenges they are facing, asked about my experience in similar scenarios.   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare (Horsham, PA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter in mid-April. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager 6 days later. I then drove to the Horsham office the following week and spent 3 hours interviewing with the hiring manager a serial others. The hiring manager made it a point to say I would have feedback, positive or negative, within 3 business days. Let’s just say that after half a dozen emails and phone calls, it has now been over a month and no feedback. No offer, but haven’t received the automated “Dear John” email either. WORST possible experience. If this is how they treat their candidates I can’t imagine how they treat their employees.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare (Horsham, PA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

4 rounds of interview
    easy 1st round
    tough 2 and 3rd round
    final round is a formality (HR)

I had applied for data analytics position and they called me on a warm summer day.
    It was nice travelling there and fun.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter asking when I could talk for an initial phone screening. He called me the day before we were scheduled. I called him back and he said "I'm on the other line, can I call you back in 10 minutes?" I said sure. Never heard anything. Texted him a few hours later saying we were scheduled for tomrorrow at 11am if that's better, or I could talk sometime the rest of today." He said "Thanks _____ I'll call you tomorrow at 11am.

Never heard from him, and haven't since after calling him, leaving a message and an email. A pretty poor reflection on the company if you ask me.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and got a phone screening w a recruiter. Then, acctg mngr called separately and went over personality & my experienc very deeply. The in peraon interview started w a quick a chat with acct mngr again and followed by talking to the controller. Mngr & controller went over detailed experience & personality in depth. They were both nice, friendly, and approachable.

Interview Questions

• tell me how do u close accounts in ur company? step by step. ... and what role do u play in the process   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flexible in negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare.

Interview

Applied twice on line and was contacted after 2nd application. Interviewed with 3 different upper management people. Offered a competitive salary with ability to receive quarterly bonus. The offer was fedx to me and was accepted. The training lasted for a few months and was classroom and on line. There are many good people dedicated employees that are very well equipped to handle clients tickets and willing to help new employees.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare (Horsham, PA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Relaxed setting with questions related to experience relating to supporting large numbers of users as well and any SQL server experience.
    Also was asked to give examples of how I went above and beyond to address issues or create value to my prior employer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have supporting NextGen EHR or any EHR software.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None there was no offer beyond the first.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare (Horsham, PA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call from one of the hiring managers but was not able to answer. It was next to impossible to get someone on the phone when calling. Every call at the office goes through the operator, and after calling about 14 different times, someone finally answered.

I was asked a few questions about my skills and experience and then asked to come for a face to face interview. After a few emails with HR setting it up I found myself at the office the following Monday.

Our interview was held in one of the managers offices, with about 3 different managers sitting round-robin around the desk. The most senior person (whose office we were in) could barely pull himself away from his phone and chat sessions to seem at-all interested in my answers.

Instead of learning more about me, they were more interested in scare tactics. I was told -"Your head will hurt with everything there is to remember"
    -"Its a 40 hour a week job but really 45-50. You'll work through lunch or stay late to get all tasks completed."
    -"You'll be working on 3-4 things simultaneously all day from start to end"

After that I was placed with a few of the analysts who were working. They each had too many open issues for any quality resolution to be performed and both alluded to the fact. It was a game of "call center metrics" as they sent emails to make initial contact within the 4 hour window allotted by the SLA. They said they are judged as a group and one miss will cause them to not receive the quarterly call center bonus.

I left with an uneasy feeling and would not have entertained working there if I was offered.

The one bright side was that the place was a ghost town. Many employees work remotely. So if that is your thing, you should go for it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a problem resolution that I had provided/developed at my current position. Apparently I had provided an example on the online resume and I did not recall the specifics.   Answer Question

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare (Horsham, PA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied for a temporary position as a software tester since I just took a graduate course in software testing. The professor that taught the course has multiple articles published in IEEE and ACM publications. I was contacted by an HR representative who asked if he could send my resume to other departments since I did a literature review on privacy of electronic medical records in graduate school.

I was contacted by two people for two different positions, an EHR Connect Analysis and EHR developer. During the interview for the EHR Connect Analysis, I was asked to dictate lines of SQL codes on the fly. I honestly had to review some keywords. I didn't apply for this position. I was told "this is the most basic thing" when I forget a a keyword or had difficulty dictating code over the phone. Other questions were support related questions that were not covered in any courses I took in college. I did notice that the position required tech support questions and do not know why I was interviewing for this position. The other phone interview was relatively easy. After these phone interviews, I was told by human resources I can still have the position I applied for put through. I was called 50 minutes after the designated time. HR told me they made a mistake, that the interview was originally for 30 later than scheduled but the interviewer called 20 minutes later stating they were held up. The interview was in disbelief that the professor I had for software testing was an authority in that field. I had to leave 10 minutes after the start of the interview, I shouldn't have answered the phone.

I was told that the first two phone interviewers wanted me to come in for an in person interview. I was told to "dress appropriately". I thought this meant a suit. I was greeted by the HR person who was dressed in jeans. I thought he had a background in human resources apparently not besides working briefly as a headhunter. I was told that I would be interviewing with members of the team rather than the hiring manager as planned, one a senior developer and others who were two younger guys. The interview with the younger guys ended very abruptly after a couple questions regarding whether this would be my first IT job and a simple algorithm involving a binary tree.

I received an email from someone who wanted to conduct a fourth phone interview. I told him after receiving the job requirements I wasn't qualified for the position. He told me that they were just looking for "smart people" (well intellectually vain at least). During the interview he told me I wasn't qualified of course.

I came in for the second interview. I was told that I would be interviewing with one person but they had me interview with the that person, another higher manager, and a programmer. I told him that I could not interview for anymore positions and I would see how these interviews went since I had already spend several hours applying for positions and had another interview. I have a good foundation from college but I will admit I don't know everything about everything. During the interview, I was asked about various topics, some I knew, some I didn't. When I didn't know the answer I was told "this is the most basic thing in this". At one time I had two people asking questions simultaneously. Turns out that wasn't the most basic thing in this since it wasn't even covered in my short textbook on this topic but did notice that the interviewer was reading a large book on the topic. When I told him it had been a while since I studied the subject I was told "I don't care if you learned something yesterday or 10 years ago, I want people that remember something". I found this completely ridiculous. If I asked him about several topics he hasn't used since college and off course he won't retain it all. Since I have tutoring certifications I think I know a little about the learning process and having to review subjects not used in a few years.
    I was asked about my research work and I gave them a brief overview since I was not prepared to give a presentation during the interviewer. Since many of the questions I was asked had nothing to do with the position I was applying for and I was told they need programmers and they sometimes have to settle for the best they have available, I told them whatever position they were interviewing me for I wasn't interested since I knew I couldn't work with these people. I also told the HR person to withdraw my application for the EHR Connect Analysis position. They were too rude to work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a well designed XSLT.   1 Answer

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NextGen Healthcare (Hunt Valley, MD (US)).

Interview

In the beginning, it was very intimidating. I was interviewed by three individuals. All three women were very experienced and professional. They asked basic questions during the interview process. The interview took about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      Do you know the difference between co-pay's and coinsurance's?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.