Nordstrom Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4,741 of over 4.7K interviews

In Person5%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Nordstrom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview with the manager to discuss my experience and availability to work during the Anniversary Sale. Pretty straightforward interview and very friendly discussion; transparent about expectations

Interview Questions
  • What work experience have you had?
    Answer Question

Nordstrom

Application

I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

Pretty straightforward, questions about experience, dealing with challenging situations, and fashion related. How would you style a certain personality, recommend what brands, asked about schedule, and why I wanted to work at Nordstrom

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nordstrom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

1 hours technical interview - very easy, the interviewer seemed bored. I think we both knew it was just a weed-out round. 1 hour behavioral interview - meeting potential future team members, very fun, just talking about work styles. 1 hour technical interview - DP problem, not that easy. 1 hour systems design - seemed like the interviewer was added at the last minute / going off the top of their head. Difficult to know if I did well because the interviewer would not give system requirements. After the interview they told me they wanted someone who had more experience working in a team. (I had been a sole developer for a number of years prior.)

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode easy problem, medium/hard DP problem, systems deisgn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in Jun 2021

Interview

Recently interviewed here on site at the NYC flagship location on 57th & Broadway, (Wolf Restaurant) to be exact. It felt ok at first while sitting there waiting my turn. Then I realized as other people were scheduled to interview as well that this seemed like a waste of time. I wasted my time coming to Midtown while the screening process could have been conducted via Zoom or phone call. The interviewer led me to a back table in the far corner of the restaurant, and proceeded to bombard me with textbook style interview questions, which were read rapidly like a machine. It felt like this was super rushed, and my answers didn't even matter. Overall, he was rushing this to the point where it seemed that they already had candidates to fill the role in mind. At the end of the interview, he got up and just rushed me to the door extremely fast. I was told that they had more interviews to conduct, but the next day I was notified that they had chosen someone else for the position. This could have been down via Zoom instead of wasting my time to have to go in person. It felt like I was being interviewed just to satisfy a requirement.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage to approach tasks from very hard to easy? Tell me about a time where you had to overcome a particular challenge, how did you approach it and what was the outcome? What do you think would be the most important aspect for this job pertaining to front of house and back of house working together? How soon are you available to start? Do you have experience working with P&L Statements? Describe time or situation in your past experience where you achieved success?

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Clara, CA)

Interview

You have one phone interview that is pretty standard, then after the phone interview they will send you an email on weather you made it to the next round. The second interview was like a round robin .

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?

Nordstrom

Application

I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

It was a standard interview, and was not difficult at all. There were a lot of customer service related questions. Over all, very easy Interview. Manager was upbeat and easy to engage with.

Interview Questions
  • Descibe a time you went above and beyond for a customer at your previous job?

Nordstrom

Application

I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

Easy in person group interview after a general phone screening. Asked simple questions and had me “sell” an item of clothing as an example (make sure to touch on how versatile something is).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nordstrom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

Telephone screening interview then a one one interview and tour of facility. Asked questions such as what experience do u have. What brings u to Nordstrom? Are u able to make rate?

Interview Questions
  • What do u know about Nordstrom? Why do u want to work here?

Nordstrom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

It was pretty easy. Had to tell them times where something went wrong at a previous job and what I did to fix it. Another question was what was my greatest achievement

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nordstrom

Application

I interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview

Over the phone and easy. Talked to a manager. She was nice and told me about what the job entailed. I also was asked about my availability and when I could start

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,741 Interviews